• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Yes, hello!

Inconnu

Inactive Member
This place is just a tad intimidating! Hah. It's totally different from the type of site that I normally join, but I do love Sci-Fi, and the community here seems pretty awesome from what I can see, so I want to give it a whirl!

What do you call yourself?
I go by Inconnu, Inc, or Conny - whatever is easiest for you type/say. xD

How'd you find Star Army?
RPG-D

What interested you in joining?
I saw a thread on RPG-D by the main admin here, and I appreciated the way he handled himself, so it prompted me to check out his site!

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
Oh, yes! But never on a site quite like this. I've only ever done play-by-post, account-per-character type stuff. I've also never heard of Joint Posting until coming here! Though I guess now that I read about it, it does seem like a very handy thing to do in large plots! I'm also accustomed to there being several open forums to RP in, where anyone can post, anytime.

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male or female characters?
    Either!
  • Spontaneous or planned RP?
    I love spontaneous RP, but I think planned RP does have its place!
  • Military or civilian characters?
    Both!
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens?
    I... am actually most experienced with wolf RP. -cough- But I love to play original, non-human races as well.
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet?
    Starship!
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time?
    I would love to RP in real-time, but my schedule (and two young kids) make it unlikely that I'm able to sit at the computer for long enough to do so. Sometimes I can plan for a live RP, but most of the time I prefer to use the forums just in case I have to leave suddenly.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 3
  • Violence: 3
  • Sexuality: 2
What's something cool you'd love to RP?
ALL OF THE THINGS idk.

For StarArmy, specifically, I think I'd like to start out with a Neko! They seem like the most newbie-friendly race, and there's so much potential for character development. I also love to play characters that are "blank slates," so the idea of playing a newly-created and trained Neko is very appealing! I am leaning toward making a Neko Medic. It seems like a very versatile role that will allow my character to not only jump right into the midst of things, but have a purpose right from the start.

Currently I'm trying to get through all of this reading, and fill out the character sheet. I hope to be able to start RPing with you all, soon! If you have any advice for the best way to go about things, please feel free to pop in!

Welcome, welcome! I'm glad to have you here and I'm already getting a good impression! Let me know what questions you're wondering about as you dig into the site!

Nekovalkyrja are fun to play, and there's a lot of currently running RP plots they can get into, including mine, the Eucharis.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back