• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC Yome Ismâopate Discussion

them being wild plants ... Murr used to the domestic ones.....wasn't quite used the overload, resulted in shock of over load ..... she was confused so anything could come of her report. Definitely strong was the 4 mish crabs and mish nekos.. hope i got that right :)

Okay gang, I'm giving you all a chance to contribute to the Hidden Sun Clan culture.

When posting yesterday and needed to tell Memi to move a specific distance I used meters. I realized then that I had not come up with the Clan's unit of measurement for such occasions. So here is the question, there is no wrong answer. Should we use a science base standard like the meter which has been defined a couple of ways over the years using science. Or should the use something a bit more archaic like the Imperial system does? Give me your thoughts, suggestions and I will see what we can come up with together.

Well since there is the silver moon sect which is totally dedicated to science, but they weren't around the whole time, maybe there should be 'traditional measurements' and 'modern measurements'. And Modern is the commonly used things, but during certain things that are a bit more 'ritual' you use the traditional measurements. Like when on a hunt or the ritual fights, things should be measured using the traditional measures.

You have two Main species which other two minor ones come from. If Iunderstand what's canon to this faction. They both uses their own unique style of measuring

Tula and Tula dominant mixed: use the Stone and handpaw measurements style. (stones for weight, spread paw (hand) width for measurement. To include claw length. for example in mearurement: it's two hand paws and 4 claws in length. Ten stones weight of wheat.

Q and Q-dominant uses imperial measurement ... (inches, feet...etc....)

Common (Science, Trade between the subspecies, Military, Tech) measurement would be derived from the most accurate form of (science since it is more accurate) the measurement system.

Syaoran idea is sweet also :) Where traditional measurement would be used for rituals and family /house clan, sect, to use. Modern measurement for inter subspecies for trading, commercial, military, tech and what is taught in the schools.

my two cents worth.

Time is a hard one to break down unless it is referred to terms in which the unit of time is measured by (example: seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, seasons, years would have their own term) Or planetary time is different in length of day. But due to prevention of mass confusion of all subspecies came to an unspoken agreement that time was universal and was measured the same as it is today as players know when the time pieces (clocks or devises that measured time) came into existance and the developement of time zones on planets. Ships had their own time zone which they ran off.

Military and Civilian ship time is the same, yet the block of time to measure day, work, wake time / Night, sleep, relaxation was equal in hours. Thus came about and broken down in shifts, blocks of time per shift for the crew to work, relax, sleep in cycles so that the ship was under watch constantly. Yet gave the crews a sence of passage of time

A typical day aboard a ship constist of 3 to 4 shifts of a block of equal time for each shift making for a typical rotational day.

Time is still measuered by seconds, minutes, hours, etc.... universal of all subspecies.

I hope this made sence....

Latest artwork for the Clan's Combat armor
fetch.php

Can Memi get one painted in white and blue with Press markings on the shoulders and back of the helmet? Also can recording equipment be attached to it?

Cause I can see, if Memi survives this little adventure, Him wanting to create a corps of Combat Archivists.

The coloration of the Dahome is the material color. They can be customized once assigned.

FYI, There is no way to link with plants except to have physical contact with them. Even in the combat armor it would not be possible.

Apologies for the delay, our hot water heater self destructed late Thursday night. Past few days have been hectic with having to clean everything that was in our linen closet, taking cold showers, and having to wash all dishes by hand after heating water on the stove.

It is plot Audit time, please update your character sheets as soon as possible. I plan on accomplishing the audit this weekend.

What stuff should be added to it for the audit. Always been told to update the sheet for audits but I don't know what I should be adding

update the history, anything they have acquired. In the case of Sâvyjo they do not receive a monthly salary so you don't have to worry about updating the finance section.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back