• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Character Yoshiro Tanaka

Hey there, and welcome to Star Army!

Things look good with this character bio for the most part. Normally I'd ask you to add the "standard skills" for Star Army of Yamatai characters but it looks like the idea is that you'll get them during the roleplay training at Fort Ready, right?

Let's see...I fixed a couple typos for you...

Anyone else have any comments? I think this character is pretty much ready for (training) action.

'hokay, from the top then.

In description, I'd like a little more. Not too much, but you want us to be able to picture the character in our heads, just based on your description. How long is his hair? What shape are his eyes? What degree of white is his skin (tanned, pale, etc.)? In the distinguishing features, how did he inflict the scar? (Don't add that in, just explain here. Yamataians don't scar unless they go out of their way to, so unless he specifically tried to scar, he just would've healed.)

The history looks fine, imo.

In the skills, I would add the boilerplate anyway. The idea is that Fort Ready is advanced school, not basic training. The base skills are reviewed and improved upon, not taught so much.

Then you need to add the salary in. I believe it is 50 KS for a Santo Hei, but I may be wrong.

Overall, pretty solid character, well suited to come into Fort Ready.

Thanks for the advice folks. As for the scarring I thought that since he went through a bit of rebellion he would have done that in such a way that even though that would heal, it would leave a bit of a mark with a razor or something. It would look like a slight bruise rather than an actual scar.

As for the skills I thought that it would be better that he got them through training but I can change that if you want to. I have to ask for some advice if you want me to change. Since he wants to be in the infantry what skills would be good for him to have? I know that shooting might be a good one but since he didn't have any practical experience with a firearm as a young man and all.

As for the wiki changes I'll get on it right away.

Well, you want the boilerplate four that are on the skills page at the very least. And if you're going to be straight infantry, your other three skills are your own to choose, there's no real requirements.

I added a link to Aendri's post above.

That's the idea. You might want to put a basic understanding of them and then update your bio as they you get training in the roleplay.

Thanks again. I didn't want to give my character skills that he wasn't trained for. I am glad that you are tolerant of newbies like myself. Thanks again for your help. I got the skills finished.

Character approved!

You may want to send Gabriel a PM letting him know you're headed to Fort Ready.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back