• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

You Know You're Addicted to SARP when...

Konoka Miyazawa

Inactive Member
You Know You're Addicted to SARP when...
1) You start acting like your character IRL, in public (yes. I've started acting like Konoka. The sugar high PC with all the maturity of a sixth grader and no filter for societal appropriateness) 
2) You start getting ideas for SARP fanfiction with other people's PCs (including slash) 
3) You draw Hanako on your math test (my professor was not amused)
4) You look up at the night sky and expect to see the Eucharis there
5) You read every article on the wiki. Every. Article. 
6) You almost call the English language "Nepleslian". Out loud. 
7) You wish you were in the SAOY
8) You have nightmares about Misshu 
9) You can't eat rice without thinking of it as "Yamatain food"
10) You want to eat at Neppy's 
11) You tell your cat "somebody my descendants will have ears like yours!"
12) You look for a button that says "Roleplay Forums" on Wikipedia 
13) You look at your bike and cry, "Why won't you hover?!"
14) You see some article about scientific advances in cybernetics and think "I CAN BE Nepleslian!"
15) You see a bird and think "Lorath!"
16) You want a SARPcake for your birthday 
17) You discover a type of plant you haven't seen before and think "I must report this to the SSS!"
18) When you watch a video about the latest android they built in Japan you think "soon...NEKOS!"
19) You see a religious painting and think "This is an Elysian" before you think "this is an angel" 
20) You write this list instead of paying attention in class -_-

Lol, Konoka. SARP can do that to ya. Don't go too crazy!

Yes, DocTomoe. You see a pelican, I see a Lorath spy.
Maybe the fish is an undercover Azorean, too. And the two species must engage in a secret war without the lower species of Earthlings, not yet ready to join the intergalactic community, finding out.

....omg see what I just wrote? I need help -_- For 5 seconds that totally made sense to me.
That's 5 seconds too long lol

Don't worry Konoka, I make relationship judgments based on whether my would-be girlfriend will put up with me telling her SARP stories about what my characters are up to.

21. When you discharge from the military, room up with another Star Army member, and spend more or less half the weekend talking about SARP.
22. When you find yourself on a long-winded dissertation on Yamataian poltics with other SARPers in the middle of a bar in public and realize that the three of you are the only people who know what you're talking about.
23. When you can't explain something you blame it on 'Aether', or 'Wesmagic.'

24. You bought a tablet or smartphone to browse SARP from anywhere at any time.
25. You've used a school or public library computer to check the SARP forums.
26. You've had to circumvent a web filter to get to SARP.
27. Most new science things you learn are for SARP research purposes.
28. You participate in other communities with the main goal of raising awareness if SARP.
29. When looking at scifi art you try to categorize them into what SARP faction they resemble most.
30. Most of your friends are SARPers.

31. You think of making a uniform for your faction that you play as a cosplay for an anime convention.

32. you find a video of an actual mecha that is, naturally, made in Japan and think about painting it in your faction colors. (posted a link recently about this to youtube. Expensive as all get out, but it looks cool.)

33. You read about the code of bushido and think about how it relates to the Star army of Yamatai.

34. You think about making a FPS mod for Half Life 2 based on Star Army and actually write out a plot.

Truth be told I am actually guilty of all four of these, especially number 31. I actually thought about asking for advice and honestly I still might do that.

dang...That is so awesome! Iwas just saying that I needed advice so now I know who to ask! Thanks for the intel. In CadetNewb's picture who is he? The one on the left or right? I feel so stupid for asking but I haven't met or seen RL pictures of anyone here yet.

That uniform owns. I feel bursting with pride that a design I did not only got some cosplay love, but that the color scheme actually doesn't look bad in real life. Cadette, seeing that just made my week.

I've been meaning to make a SARP uniform cosplay for a while. I might try to make one when I get my transfer leave next month. =)

BUT:

35. Your SARP character art (or any SARP Art really) is on your phone's lock and/or home screen wallpaper. Bonus points for multiple factions.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/ ... 180613.png

36. You have some sort of SARP artwork as your desktop.

37. You start trying to commission artists to illustrate your favorite rp scenes.

Attachments

• SC20121118-180604.png
    SC20121118-180604.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 143
38. The first place you go to check before anything else online and spend more time than you do on anything else.

39. Make more than two "know you're addicted" lines in a post that come quite easily.

40. Dont waste time adding more lines to this. so you can get back to posting in roleplay

41. Swear at the GM / Others for not responding quicker, so you can add more without getting ahead of the storyline.

42. You sync your clocks with SARP's forum clock (I've done so with my computer and my phone)

43. You wonder why the GM hasn't posted yet in this awesome, before realising that you're the GM

44. You watch Babylon Five with a non-SARP friend and quietly wonder if Yamatai took some cues from the Minbari

45. You've made a shoutouts to SARP elsewhere (I'll be making one or two in World of the Event)

47. ...you practice drawing a gun from your bra to illustrate that in fact your character is capable of accomplishing such a feat in game.

48. ....when you document the experiment.

49. You know how to use the RSS feeds from the forums, allowing you to read posts from Google Reader or another feed reader.
50. You subscribe to certain Star Army wiki namespaces for instant email notification of edits.
51. You know your fellow players' characters so well that you know what to get them for the holidays.
52. You have #stararmy IRC set up on your smartphone.

53. When you think "What were my important achievements of 2012"? , "creating this incredibly popular thread about SARP addiction" pops into your head before "graduating valedictorian" or "publishing first article in a major newspaper, which is your career, idiot" T_T

54. Someone asks you what your favorite Christmas memory is and you reply "when Hanako got Konoka a present"

55. When you're supposed to drive 2 hours tommorow for Christmas to see your brother and stay up til 1:30 am posting in this thread anyway

56. When you know you're going to spend Christmas telling your brother all about SARP, whether he wants to hear it or not

57. When you feel bad that you get candy canes and your character doesn't

58. When you legit cry when you write a heartwarming, dramatic scene IC

59. When you think about that post, which you wrote several hours ago, and get choked up AGAIN

60. When there are 60 freaking ways now that you know you're addicted to SARP T_T

RPG-D RPGfix
Back