• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

[YSE] Ketsurui Zaibatsu/Ketsurui Fleet Yards Discussion

The M15 includes its own drone system. There were things I wanted to make it match the armor itself, along with some functionalities to make the drone more relevant to use on the battlefield, rather than the afterthought addition it seems to be today.

The M6's drones are fairly well described, as well, the M6-2A is compatible with the fairly well described Blister Drones from Origin.

Wes said:
Kitsune-class shuttlecraft: Sounds good. What we need is a design that has some sort of weapon mount capability and a very well detailed interior. If it's going to replace the Kuma, it will need to be significantly better, without being overpowered. It will need interior and exterior art.

Kiroshi-class mission craft: I don't see a need for this, since the Tenba Transport is well detailed, new, and fills that function.

My progress on this so far:
In the interest of finalizing preparations for my plotship, I've concentrated working on the two smallest units it is supposed to support (the Kitsune shuttle and the M15 Kishi) in order to get my scaling right.

Pertinent here is the Ke-T4-2A Kitsune

The envisioned role of the Kitsune is to be an interplanetary craft capable of supporting up to 5 passengers and 6 power armored infantry soldiers. To support its armor squad, it has the stealth to discretely deliver them, powerful enough sensors and communication systems to help guide them, and a CIES to contribute more processing power to its datalink with its armor squad.

The Kitsune relies on three aetheric beam arrays (two fore, one aft) as its primary means of firepower; potent shields that allows it to contend against starfighters and survive (for a bit) against hostile starships; and countermeasures to help it shrug off pursuit and use its stealth to hide. It can supplement that with four weapon mounting points and also has equipment bays to take advantage of special mission equipment such as the ones the SSS made available to the Kuma.

I want the Kitsune to be an interplanetary craft by default, though its rear dorsal bay can handily mount a fold module for longer range passenger transport duties (like delivering new PCs to plotships). It has two powerplants to fuel its abilities,and a pair of sublight thrusters. I'm tied between fusion and aether-plasma, leaning toward fusion for stealth.

At present, I've sketches made of the Kitsune (interior and exterior) which makes me estimate its dimensions as 16x12x4 meters. It rests fairly secure on 4 landing pads. Its divided in 3 distinct compartments:
  • Cockpit: has one main forward pilot station, two secondary stations and two jumpseats. Two shuttered compartments offer access to a bathroom (toilet, sink, shower stall) and a kitchenette (more like a generous exageration of the Kuma's comfort module).
  • Airlock: Holds four compartments to contain EV suits and some damage control gear. Two closed bulkheads offer access to maintenance crawlways in order to permit servicing the shuttle's machine components. The ventral airlock has docking functions, with a (limited) tube extension. The dorsal airlock has the machinery to serve as a breaching pod.
  • Cargo compartment: Contains 6 cargo lockers paired by 6 seats with overhead cargo space - this is mainly meant for Kishi armors. All of this can be stripped to fit in 2 medical beds (+accessories); more passenger seats (up to 16); use a 'garage' for a wheeled vehicle; fit in cell beds for longer trips with only 5 passengers, or just toss cargo boxes in.

The Kitsune is somewhat larger than the Raccoon and has a lesser passenger/cargo capacity... but I was tying to avoid the Starfleet shuttle look. It was hard to avoid it looking like the Delta Flyer too, so I borrowed some of the styling I had on the Kiroshi mission craft to try and make it look more distinct.

Coincidentally, since the Kitsune is capable of serving as 'temporary base' for an armor squad like the Kiroshi was meant to do... the Kiroshi-class mission craft has become a redundant project - I'll be dropping it.

I'll have the Kitsune sketches up in my art thread once I get some time and access to my scanner.

Update on the Super Zodiac Star Fortress.

Been learning some new 3D software (Well new to me), hoping to be able to produce better art for this design-in-progress. So production has slowed up a little bit. Mainly I want to make sure the finished product is usable, detailed and something that will become a long-lasting part of the site.

I had a idea for a device KZ probably would want to make, but I've enough on my plate and don't really want to get into techenese;

A gravity guantlet. The name is a bit misleading; It's something that attaches to your forearm, under your clothing, and you can activate it to have it propel you in the direction you point it. Probably not enough to send you flying through proper-gravity air, especially not without all the pain of dangling by a single arm implies, but enough to be able to use things like zero-g elevators or when gravity fails, much like Neko and Minkans can.

Could have a hour's of continuous use of charge and be charged much like the little robots are - When in a Yam ship and so on.

Just to throw this out there. Would mitigate the major downsides of the other races some.

Combat capabilities would be foremost but some ability to carry things like a troop transport module or a CRDM would be very useful.

This is a great example for community input from and by members in creating new designs for ships that are still in use to this day. Thought when I looked at the timeline I only saw one ship on it that requires a refit, are there any ships designed currently in progress?

Yamatai Faction Designers!

Just a reminder on what Wes said back in October, this beautiful ship needs to be finished. A lot of the work has already been done, maybe we could all pitch in and finish it? It looks like a nice ship and might be very useful to join the fight against the Kuvexians! It even has sexy art.

I'd pick it up myself if I had time, I still might if no one claims it but I have several of my own designs to finish!

Naginata-Class Battlecruiser

1579233398754.png

I think the problem is the outline has way too much detail in the individual parts, which makes it daunting to finish. It might be best to simplify it.

Wes, I'd be willing to work on fleshing it out. I do have extra time these days.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back