• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Laz Public Network [YSE] Take the Shuttle

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
It wasn't the YSE that created the Mishhu, it was the Dark Ones. It wasn't Emperor Uesu who created the plague, it was Eve's creator, Dr. Shinichiro Nobumoto.

But that's not what the UOC wants you to think.

Nothing's new here. UOC haters and traitors are constantly working to convince you they're the good guys, while at the same time they're building military forces under the guise of "Peacekeeping" and while they talk about "Freedom" they are making deals with the Lorath, who own an entire race as slaves.

Yamatai fires senators because they aren't doing their job, the UOC calls it imitation. Yamatai rewards loyalty, the UOC calls it a bribe. Yamatai ends torture, slavery and civilian slaughter, and the UOC calls it a publicity stunt. The UOC will try to poison anything Yamatai does because of jealousy and fear.

Tio says that Yamataians that found themselves in UOC hands should take the next shuttle out. We suggest you do it! The UOC breakaway has served its purpose by creating enormous change for the better in Yamatai, but now its purpose has ended.

It's not too late to come back and make amends with a better-than-ever Yamatai. Take the shuttle today!

Tio responded with a single text message:

I resent the words in the above message,

The United Outer Colonies is building defense and peacekeeping forces to ensure the safety of our citizens as defined in the Peacekeeping Charter. We are a neutral nation with the intent of protecting our sovereignty. We do not fear Yamatai, nor are we jelous.

I congratulated Himiko on bringing democracy to the Yamatai Star Empire and I hold to that fact.

The UOC government is working with the Lorath in a way to end slavery over a gradual period of time that does not require turning their planet upside down. Political action takes time.

As I stated prior, I wanted to end this back and forth. The United Outer Colonies plans to open diplomatic relations with Yamatai in the future to create a relationship of mutual benefit.

The only thing I mocked was the policies to draw UOCPF personnel back to Yamatai. Those who wanted to go back to Yamatai left a long time ago.

While I can comprehend the dislike the UOC has of Yamatai, and vice versa, let's not forget that they share a common origin. The Nekovalkrjya was created for the purpose of war; and yet two groups, albeit in their own ways, have decided to turn their backs on a truly war-based society and choose their own paths.

Some do it though policy and ship reduction, others by laying down their Nekovalkrjya bodies entirely, and declaring neutrality. I would think this to be a happy moment, which shows the potential for evolution in the Nekovalkrjya and the Yamataians which were born of them.

I'm saddened to see the mudslinging and the over generalization of both sides, and think that maybe some understanding is warranted.

The UOC, among other things, has forced Yamatai to move to a more progressive stance. Even if they were correct, and it were imitation, it would still be progress. Imitation is indeed a way to learn, and would show that Yamataian Government was becoming more receptive to its people and surrounding political climate. It is far better for Empress Himiko to adopt this progressive stance than for the Ketsurui Military Sector to fill the gaps in government that the UOC left, and force a return to the old way.

And Yamatai. While some of your statements may be correct regarding the history of the Mishhu and the Plague, saying the purpose of a sovereign nation has ended is highly uncalled for. How would you feel if someone said the same of Yamatai? It should be noted that the United Outer Colonies did not cede solely due to a dislike of Yamatai's policies, but also due to their effective isolation and autonomy from the war. They had gained their own beliefs, their own structure, their own culture, their own society. It was simply time for them to attempt to stand on their own formally and officially, as they had already been doing unofficially.

I have been in the middle of the clamoring for the undecided in this matter. And I can tell you that I do not want to hear the nation that bore me and the nation I helped bear trying to put each other down in an effort to gain my, or anyone's, favor. I want to hear facts. I want to hear exactly what is to change in these societies. I want to know the truth about what YOUR society has planned to improve the universe around us, not what the other society lacks.

I would like to thank the Crowned Prince on his restrained reply to Yamatai's message, though I still think these two nations have a long way to go.

Kage Yaichiro

While I may have grown up in Yamatai, I'm afraid they've grown too corrupt in your old age. I suppose all these reforms are fine, but it's not going to convince me to return.

Now, if they were to lift the ban on smoking, I might consider coming back. It's been too long since I've had a cigar on the rooftops of Kyoto, and I somewhat miss it.

- F. Mora

Unknown Transmission said:
Sing sweet angels sing;
copies upon copies bring.
Robots no more or less;
first death is yours.

Years and years passed;
will you miss me at last?
Come bathe in my light;
cradled as death comes.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back