• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Artemis [YSS Artemis] Don't Forget Your Old Shipmates

Soban

Convention Veteran
RP Date
YE 42
RP Location
YSS Artemis
OOC: This happens when Artemis returns from its first deployment. Between Breaking the Winterborn and the second deployment where everything went wrong. It's a bit of a back post, but a scene I thought was important. @Wolf626 @Noodlewerfer @CMDR Scotty You can reply if you want to, but don't feel pressured to do so.

Sacre stood in front of her squad. In a few moments, they would be back in Yamatai, and their first cruise together would be over. "So you bunch of empty headed animals should be relieved to know that in a couple of hours or so, you will be able to slip beyond my clutches and back into the corps. I don't have words for what you were when I got you. A bunch of uncoordinated klutzes, the likes of which had never been before. But Toad-licking hell-spawn you may be, but my toad-licking hell-spawn to be tormented endlessly by. We trained together, learning each other's strengths and weaknesses. We fought together. We waited around in the powered armor bay endlessly to be deployed together. I watched each of you grow from mostly useless to barely passable. I'm probably not lucky enough to never see any of you again, but in commemoration of just bearly not being annoying enough for me to strangle you with my bare hands, I have something for each of you."

Sacre then moved to each member of the squad, handing them a fighting knife in a wooden sheath. The sheath and the handle were carved intricately in a design that must have taken hours of delicate work to make. The sheath and the handle had a scene on each side of them. One side was the same for everyone, the Artemis and some powered armor fighting Kuvexians, and it also had the name of the ship and the year on it. The other side had individual personalization, each design unique and customized to each individual. Sliding the knives out, they would find that they were very sharp Zesuanium blades with a small switch to allow them to vibrate and cut even better. Every aspect was handled with thoughtful care to be the best it was possible to be.

"I crafted you like I crafted these knives. I suppose it's too late for you not to disappoint me, but hopefully, you will try to limit the damage to my reputation when people learn you served with me. For the final time, you are dismissed."

Last edited by a moderator:
OOC: This happens when Artemis returns from its first deployment. Between Breaking the Winterborn and the second deployment where everything went wrong. It's a bit of a back post, but a scene I thought was important. @Wolf626 @Noodlewerfer @CMDR Scotty You can reply if you want to, but don't feel pressured to do so.

Sacre stood in front of her squad. In a few moments, they would be back in Yamatai, and their first cruise together would be over. "So you bunch of slope headed monkeys should be relieved to know that in a couple of hours or so, you will be able to slip beyond my clutches and back into the corps. I don't have words for what you were when I got you. A bunch of uncoordinated klutzes, the likes of which had never been before. But Toad-licking hell-spawn you may be, but my toad-licking hell-spawn to be tormented endlessly by. We trained together, learning each other's strengths and weaknesses. We fought together. We waited around in the powered armor bay endlessly to be deployed together. I watched each of you grow from mostly useless to barely passable. I'm probably not lucky enough to never see any of you again, but in commemoration of just bearly not being annoying enough for me to strangle you with my bare hands, I have something for each of you."

Sacre then moved to each member of the squad, handing them a fighting knife in a wooden sheath. The sheath and the handle were carved intricately in a design that must have taken hours of delicate work to make. The sheath and the handle had a scene on each side of them. One side was the same for everyone, the Artemis and some powered armor fighting Kuvexians, and it also had the name of the ship and the year on it. The other side had individual personalization, each design unique and customized to each individual. Sliding the knives out, they would find that they were very sharp Zesuanium blades with a small switch to allow them to vibrate and cut even better. Every aspect was handled with thoughtful care to be the best it was possible to be.

"I crafted you like I crafted these knives. I suppose it's too late for you not to disappoint me, but hopefully, you will try to limit the damage to my reputation when people learn you served with me. For the final time, you are dismissed."
She took the knife in her hand at attention, she always hated goodbyes. Even for a hard-hitting commander. She stood stout and proud of what she had accomplished, a war comes with losses that are to be expected. In the end it something you can never avoid is death; it comes for us all sooner or later. But it reminds you of what is important in life, it’s the person next to you, the family that loves you, and the knowledge to know that the link of life is to survive. This knife will forever signify the bonds that she created, the lives she saved, and the lives she had lost.

She had a chance to look at the knife, she thought, how beautiful this was made with such precision and craftsmanship. She looked at the other side that was made customary for her. She was surprised it was a carving of a compass pointing to the end of the blade engraved with the words “The wanderer”

She turned to Sacre after the ceremony had ended saluted and said, “If you ever need another squad commander, I’m your girl.”

Klaus smiled at Sacre's words, knowing the hidden message underneath. Honestly, she was such a tsundere. Yet Klaus was surprised has he was give not one but two knives. One for their time in the Artemis, the other for their shared time in the Kaiyo II. One was emblazoned with ice iconography, clearly a nod to Ralt. The other had an carved design of a running wolf. Drawing one of the knifes, he examined the triangular Zesuanium blade.

Letting out a short whistle, he said, "These are probably the finest blades I've ever handled. The balance is top notch. And it's even got a vibroblade function... These are amazing Sacre!! Thank you." Sheathing the blade, Klaus turned towards Sacre and with a radiant smile, saluted. "Will do my best to make you proud!

Last edited:
Maradia listened to Sacre, she couldn't always tell when the medical snake really meant her insults, but she knew easily this time it was a genuine compliment behind the sass. She received her knife in awe, surprised to be receiving anything. She held it in her claw, unnaturally spinning her two-fingered "hand" around on its axis more than 360 degrees to examine the knife. It reminded her of her heart-to-heart with Sacre over knife-throwing, though she didn't intend to throw this one as she didn't want to damage it. The cyborg saluted her squad leader with her mechanical left hand and electronically beeped, then said "Thank you, I won't let you down!"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back