Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• In 2020 we're going to have our community meetings on the second Friday of the month except when those are holidays (Valentine's Day and Patriot's Day). I've added dates to the 2020 wiki page.

RP [YSS Artemis O1I1] Establishing Connections

Glein

Game Master
RP Date
7月 35日 YE41
RP Location
YSS Artemis
Interlude Opening Theme​
YSS Artemis
Deck 6 - VR Chamber [Currently Configured as Recreation Room]

Elenor sighed, finally done with the last two weeks of getting settled in. Between the paperwork, equipment checks, and updating her certifications with the equipment they were going to be using, and then updating her certifications for her Ranger qualifications. She was ready to just relax in the VR chamber. As it configured for a rec room for 2 hours in the evening and 2 hours in the morning, she was just happy that she wasn't on the rotating schedule the Navy crew were on. She rather liked having "Day Shift", same with all the Rangers and Rikugun. The only reason they'd be on different schedules would be because of a particular mission's need. One wall was shifted into a 'viewport' that was showcasing a view of Yamatai during the same time as the current date on teh ship. IT was a recording of course, with a randomly selected weather, though this time was clear and sunny. She had a pad in her hand, and was looking over the books she'd gotten from her friend Saya back on the Kaiyō II, which she'd gotten before leaving. Mostly it was A&N stuff, but she'd picked up a system she wanted to try on her own. She was just wanting to make sure she understood the rules before trying to run something. At least, understand the theory behind the rules anyways.

Soban

Convention Veteran
Sacre preferred the quieter night shift, her squad, Black Wolf, was the only one on it which gave them the run of the ship to train more intensely. She had been pushing them hard to meld them into a team. The Separa'Shan was constantly pushing them to be better. She expected perfection from her squad and herself. Sacre had a sharp tongue and was a surprisingly patient teacher who pushed for the best in her squad if you could endure her insults. For most of Black Wolf, the barbed language had fallen mostly into the background noise. Sacre entered the recreation deck with a few blocks of wood, some of which looked like they had been started on, and her carving knives. She turned on a heat lamp and curled around to do her carving.

Wolf626

YSS Artemis

Klaus sullenly entered the Rec Room, sitting himself on a couch. The last two weeks was nothing more than paperwork and training and boredom. Klaus was fine with that, but if he was knee deep in paperwork, Setsuya was absolutely drowning in it. And so the young Minkan hadn't been able to spend time with his lover, resulting in his current sulking state.

Sighing, he looked around and saw Elenor and Sacre. Deciding that bothering one was safer than the other, he approached his fellow nerd. "Hey there Elenor. Whatcha doin?"

NightDreamer09

YSS Artemis

An objective, checked.
A mission, checked.

Excitment, checked.
Panic, not checked.
Fear, ... checked.

She didn't illusion herself that she didn't feel fear, it was there but what was important was that it was in check. She was a SAINT Officer, she wouldn't loose herself to fear, not now, not anytime soon. It was her first operative mission in the darkness of space, she was both excited and a little fearful; she had been befried about the YSS Artemis and she knew there would not be space for mistakes.

She had already reconnoitered most of the ship and that day, her steps brought her to the VR Chamber on deck 6, currently configured as Recreation Room. She was expecting to find some of the military crew there and she wasn't going to be disappointed.

The blue haired Nekovalkyrie silently stepped into the VR Chamber, her blue eyes swept in the room as well as it's occupant. Each one coming up to match someone she had read she would work with: Elenor, the Itto Neko Ranger part of the unit she had been assigned to, Sacre, the Separa'shan Infantry officer and ... Klaus Kurogane, the one and only Klaus Kurogane. Her sister's lover... boyfriend. Only a stiffening of her tail barely betrayed what was really going on in her mind. She had learned soon enough through her training to not let anything appear on her face.

With just a nod to the other occupants of her room, she moved to an empty spot to sit and inspect some data loaded on her pad as, with the corner of her eye, she kept an eye on everyone... and on Klaus Kurogane of course.

Last edited:

Noodlewerfer

YSS Artemis
Maradia with her large, wirey tail came slithering into the virtual rec room. She had a pink scarf on around her mouth and neck that matched her hot pink hair. She saw Sacre and Klaus inside, and waved with her metal claw. Yes, Sacre could be harsh at times, but she was also someone the snakeborg trusted. She was someone she could talk to, that was something that could be said about very few other people. But for right now, she just wanted to lay down. She whirred over to a couch and draped herself over the back, with the rest of her long black tail laying on the floor (posing a notable tripping hazard). Her upper body laid upside-down on the cushion, with her robotic arms dangling next to her. It felt relaxing to lay like this, even if she didn't have her full body on the couch. She was somewhat used to leaving her tail on the floor, anyway, as it was too long and too different in form to easily fit on a lot of things that were designed for legs.

demibear

Game Master
YSS Artemis

Ryu entered the room with a datapad in hand. With the "demonstration" that was their last training mission, he felt there was much he needed to review as both a scout and as an RTO. He looked around to see who was within the room at the moment. Giving the slightest of nods to each, he found himself a corner of the room and started reading.

Glein

Game Master
Elenor looked over as Klaus walked up to her, and shrugged. "Things and stuff, stuff and things, as Saya liked to quip at times." She replies, smirking a bit. "Yourself?" She asked, putting teh pad to sleep and setting it on the table next to her. She watched the others coming in, and most just kept track of who was who. "So, you send your last goodbye till we go full blackout per OPSEC? Heard from Lucas that tomorrow we officially cut comms outside of SAINT channels and the one a month status updates." She asked, explaining her reasoning for it. "Kind of funny... Starting tomorrow our whole world is this ship..." She muses, sighing. Shaking her head to get the morose thoughts out of her head, she smiled. "Oh, by the way... Somehow you looked better in that dress than I did." She stated, a grin on her face.

demibear

Game Master
Ryu looked over in Elenor's direction when he heard last goodbyes. "Maybe it is family tradition, but we consider it a sign of death to send final farewells." he said, feeling it needed to be said. He then goes back to reading his datapad.

Soban

Convention Veteran
"Traduhison more like, writing a last letter helps to clear your mind and focus you on what needs to happen," Sacre commented casually as she carved at the blocks of wood.

Wolf626

"Bored out of my mind. Unfortunately Setsuya's been too busy lately." answered Klaus, who began pouting comtemplating in a manly fashion. He snapped out of it when Elenor mentioned the messages. "Oh yeah, I sent my messages out. Just my family in Ralt and the guys back in the Kaiyo."

"Our world, eh?" said the Minkan, thinking about what Elenor had said. It was curious, the Artemis felt like a way bigger ship than the Kaiyo, even though it was just by a margin in reality. The ship felt different, more focused. Klaus began to wonder, and then was snapped out of his reverie by Elenor's comment about the dress.

Unbidden, memories of those few hours with Setsuya and the Kaserine began to come to mind. Face flushed, Klaus facepalmed, "Yeah, me and Setsuya kinda went overboard that time. Sorry for those 'accidental' extra photos. You're not mad, are ya?"

Glein

Game Master
Elenor snerked. "To be fair, we could go into the dark, and never return." She says to Ryu. "As for me... I keep a death letter on file back on Yamatai... Just in case. I hope to the gods it never gets read, but... it's there." She admits.

Still, looking over at Klaus as he talked about hte dress. "Hey, at least you two cleaned it up before returning it. So I'm not gonna complain." She said. "Still, I'm honestly working on setting up a roleplaying campaign. Something to do when not knee deep in work, and waiting to get to whatever rock we're bound for. Though I don't imagine there'll be much traction on this one to before we drop in. Hey, Klaus... How do you feel about basically being stuck on stand-by? I mean, you and the rest of the Rikugun are going to be stuck up here waiting on us to cry for help, unless the mission requires your touch to get us an opening."

Last edited:

Wolf626

Thoughtful contemplation replaced the blush in Klaus's face. "To be honest Elenor I'm divided. On one hand, I have to entrust the objectives to someone else. That's not to say that you guys aren't skilled or that I'm stealthy enough. But it doesn't change the fact that I'm not going to be there."

Slowly a smile etched itself, on the Minkan's face. "But I actually do like being on standby. Saving you guys from trouble is now our job and I like that. I always wanted to be the hero growing up, saving everyone. Now I can save my compatriots and my friends. It makes me feel like I made the right choice."

"So all in all, I'm good." he shrugged. "By the way, do you need help with the Campaign?"

BloodyScarlet

Game Master
YSS Artemis

Bjorn wonders into the VR chamber, he was still not the best with VR he had asked his manufactures if he could get something that helped with his VR problem, they had come back to him saying that they would work on a new vision sensor for his body. As he walked through the Recreation room his vision already messing up as his 'mind' gets split between the room and the VR layer. He sighs as he just saw the others and walks over to them and then turns off the vision sensors, basically closing his eyes in biological speak.

He tries to sound happy for the others and chuckles "I have sent a message to my manufactures so I should be getting a new sensor soon, allowing me to actually see like you all in this place." He chuckles a little "I also am glad that I have such an interesting crew, oh Elenor about your roleplaying campaign, I um order a surprised, you were talking about your campaign earlier and I got um." He was a little nervous as he had never really had a crew and he wanted to be friendly "I um I got some miniatures that we can use for it, I ordered a complete set, so there are a lot of pieces of for us to play with... I hope you like it...."

demibear

Game Master
Masaharu looks up from his datapad towards Elenor when he heard the snerk and just raised an eyebrow. He then looked over towards Bjorn the android as he entered the room. "Hopefully it gets here before we go dark. Otherwise, I would imagine it would be delayed by whenever they are able to resupply us. No one should feel discomfort for that long." he says, frowning a bit for Bjorn's sake.