• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Artemis [YSS Artemis O1M1B] Housekeeping

Glein

RP Date
8月 35日 YE41
RP Location
7632 Jiao Xiu II
YSS Artemis
Deck 6 - Morgue [Power Armor Bay]

[Shosa Niwa "Ironsides" Belemtal]
Suited up. Geared up. And now waiting. The Rangers had already left. That mean the Rikugun were simply sitting and waiting for either the Rangers to report that the mission was a success, where they could get out of their Daisy's and relax, or for the Rangers to call for backup as they encounter something tougher for them to take out than on their own. This of course left teh Shosa to pace back and forth in the Morgue, the shorthand for the Power Armor Bay, as she kept one ear to the comms to find out what they would be doing next.

Sacre fiddled with Kusanagi, her Zesuaium monomolecular edged and knit fighting knife with a powered blade, as she listened to the updates. It was her first time leading a squad, and she had already composed four letters to Gravity while waiting. Black Wolf Squad loitered nearby, perhaps their training would be put to use. Sacre had honed them to the same perfection she required of herself. She was proud of them for sticking with her through the tough training she had put them through.

Last edited:
Bjorn looked around, he had managed to get his new eyes and had tried to get use to them. He nodded towards Sacre as he walks over, he tried to make himself sound friendlier then he started to talk "Hey Sacre, I hope you are well? I hope I can prove myself better than in the simulation with this mission." He looks at the group and back to Scare as he then felt like he should do, but he stood there and gave a lighthearted chuckle "mhmm well at least I am properly prepared for this mission, I will keep you and the rest of the crew covered."

YSS Artemis

Klaus checked his equipment, fiddling with his W4000 rifle. It would be his first engagement with this weapon. He'd trained with it, of course. But...

'But nothing. You cannot control when or how you will be tested. All you can control... is how you handle it.' rang his grandfather's words on his head. Exhaling and inhaling deeply, Klaus calmed himself. This was the true trial of a soldier. The wait. The knife's edge of time. Any second now, it will be time to fight or die. Klaus wasn't worried about Elenor and the rest. He was worried that he wouldn't be able to sortie. To do something in this war. Well, no use bitching about it.

"Yo." he called out to his fellow infantry enlisted. He held out a deck of cards in his hand and a grin in his face. "Anyone up for a round of ICHI?"

YSS Artemis

The black tailed Separa'Shan looked at her W400. It had a specially modified grip on the front to allow her claw hand to grip onto it more easily, and she had trained with it before, so now it was a matter of putting it to the real test. But who knew, maybe she wouldn't need to use it today. Hearing Klaus, she slithered over in her Daisy and said "Me!" She eyed the cards from behind her visor and pinched her claw, it had been a while since she last played cards.

"I'm sure you will be as much of a bullet sponge in death as you were in life." The acerbic Separa'Shan replied as she paced back towards her squad. As Klaus called out for a round of Ichi, she wondered briefly if she should allow it. They needed to be ready. She let out a breath, they were ready as they were ever going to be. Just because she tended to be an overly serious shut-in didn't mean she needed to be a killjoy too. She took a breath and forced herself to be more like Gravity for just one moment. "Deal me in, and bullet-sponge too."

Iomai nodded, Sacre's decision had surprised the Elysian. "Same."

Aten shimmered into life next to Klaus as a ball of colored energy with two floating white gloves for hands. "Ichi is a interesting game." In a few moments Freydis, Estrid, Katsumi, and Narai also joined in the game.

Last edited:
Setsuya leaned against the nearby wall, suited fully save for the helmet which sat on a bench beside her, as she stared at the data on the pad in her other hand. Almost uncharacteristically to those who didn't know her completely, she had not the usual smile, but her calculative blank look for once. Her hands typed, swiped, opened and closed files, in rapid order. At the same time she was also viewing data in her mind, keeping to that as a overlay around her view of the pad.

It left nothing in view as the screen, and augmented reality windows blocked everything from view, her mind putting in the work to look over the ranger's deployment plan, and schedule for their operation. Quietly she read it all, making notes, leaving markers, creating time zones for the most likely of points in the operation that trouble would/could be encountered. All of it was backed up as a separate folder in the pad, removing the need to store any of it yet while she used her mind to process it all. Satisfied she had covered all the angles, and thought of every forewarning that she could, finished then downloaded the finished folder.

Leaving the copy which she sent one of to Shosa if she wished to look it over, and offer, or refute anything to it. She knew she overworked herself sometimes, and did more then she needed to, but she had been through enough to know to never try to be prepared. Giving a relieved release of breath as her auto timer countdown at the top corner of her vision for each suspected time slot, began. Ominous in her mind, it would be a source of relief, for every slot reached and checked as situation green. Putting the pad aside, she relegated to watching the game, her smile having partially returned.

Jericho was an entirely different case though, the man still as emotionally expressing as a brick as usual. He ran one last check on the new armor he got on the last resupply, his replacement for Fenrir's old chassis. The EASE as it was called, was a beast of a boy, it's now knelt form, not doing it's 10ft height any justice. Yeah it was bigger then the Zytone by a foot and a half, it had more armor, all the firepower, stronger shields, and more mobility. Not to mention it was brand new off the line, it's paint and markings, unscathed yet by battle.

"Fenrir, all checks green, please stand by for operation.", the clone simple said before the VI in the armor replied with an "[Affirmative]".

Satisfied his gear was ready as always, the clone keeping his rifle and other gear stowed on him, magged in their places on his power armor, he moved to the "morgue". Helmet held loosely in his off hand, the Revenant clad trooper walked into the power armor bay to observe the game his cohorts now played. His armor was not as sturdy compared to the daisy, but it was nimble and flexible, and a tad lighter. However, the black and red paint job certainly was a stark contrast to the olive drab of the group's Dasiy IIs, another thing that set the odd ball out from everyone else.

"All equipment is ready for deployment Shosa, Is there any assistance I can provide with setup while we await deployment?", Jericho asked as he directed his check in to Niwa.

YSS Artemis

[Shosa Niwa "Ironsides" Belemtal]
Looking over at Jericho as he reported in, Niwa shook her head. "Now we just sit and wait on the Rangers. Either they have to call for support, or we unbuckle and rest. We'll find out which within the next..." She paused, glancing at her mental clock. "20 hours." She pointed out. "So find something to keep busy. It's gonna be a long day." She said, while also checking over the file sent to her from Setsuya. It looked good, but the main issue would be dependent on how things turned out down below. Walking over to the group setting up to play ICHI, she leaned on a pillar nearby. "Deal me in."

YSS Artemis

Bjorn sighed as he looked at the others of his squad, he still wasn't the best at communication of a social level and felt weird in trying. As he looked over he walked to the group, but he stayed silent and observed the fame that they played. He wanted to learn and with 20 hours left he looked over his body and smiled. He would take himself apart and clean the parts. Best thing to do, so he was ready for the battle. Bjorn walked over to a more secluded part of the bay and set about to take off his arm, as soon as he did he started cleaning and checking all the wiring "Mmmm yes just need to make sure everything is sorted for the mission, hehe we could even just see if I could work in a PA without needing this body."

YSS Artemis

"Alright then. Standard rules, no crazy hand swapping and whatnot." said Klaus setting down the 'deck' on the table. Pressing a button, a volumetric display light up, displaying the words "Press to Join.". As soon as Klaus, reached out to the display, seven volumetric cards appeared near him. After everyone joined, a red 7 card appeared.

"Alright, I'll go first." said the Minkan, placing down a red 5 card. Smiling a mischievous smile, he asked, "Say, how about we make this game more interesting? We could place a bet with chores, some duty slots or maybe... VR Room time?"

With that last word, he turned to Setsuya and gave her a meaningful look that showed her the reasons for this gamble.

YSS Artemis
Upon examining the cards, Maradia came to the realization that she had no clue how to play this game. For that reason, she'd better try to convince them NOT to make the game more interesting. "Oh... pff, we don't need to do that," the armored mamba tried to dismiss the idea with an electronic beep. She reached out and touched the display, then stared at the cards that suddenly blinked into existence next to her. She poked at the simulated deck with her hands, it took her a few moments to get used to the feel of the volumetric game. She picked up the cards and put them between the two fingers of her claw, then stared at them blankly. She couldn't take too much time or they would quickly realize she had no idea what she was doing. The pink-haired cyborg girl took a wild guess and put a blue 8 card on top of Klaus's card.

"Number or color, Bolts. Now Draw two." Sacre said looking at her own cards, she had no idea how she was going to win with her array of cards, but she was going to try. She put down a blue five. "I've got a knife I made I can put down, but with all the yellow-bellies around me, I probably won't have to," Sacre said, putting an image of a nice folding knife with a wooden handle that had carved into it an image of the Artemis onto the screens.

The neko gave the Minkan a sigh and head shake, "I swear, sometimes I don't know what I'm going to do with you. I swear you are such a perv some times, but damn do I love you, you damn goof. If you lose, you're paying for dinner and drinks on next shore leave." Setsuya gave one final shake of the head as she began to relax some, satisfied she had done all she could for now. The NCO guess....well all she had left to do was hurry up and wait, she guessed she could at least watch the game while she did so. Klaus's usual antics were always entertaining, and she couldn't remember being part of a crew that bonded quite like this. Changing units almost seemed like changing family these days, making every group interesting.

Klaus smiled at Setsuya's words. "I thought you were supposed to get the prize if you lost, Setsuya. Guess, I'll have to treat you to something if I win." With a shameless grin and a wink, Klaus turned to his cards and formulated a plan.

"Anyways, I don't have some knifes or other knick-knacks to gamble away. But I think I have something some people here would like. My day shift hours."

Dangling his bait, he selected a blue +2 card, meaning the next person would receive two extra cards. He could understand how some people could get addicted to gambling. The thrill of the game, the joys of winning. Competition at it's core was always about glorifying the winners.

The game proved to be about the only thing of excitement for the Infantry, as the Rangers were able to finish the mission without their need. But it would be a good example of what the Infantry could expect for all but the most failed of missions. Boredom as they waited. Now it was time to wait for hte next target to be selected, and for the next mission to happen.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back