• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC YSS Artemis OOC Thread

Glein

For those not currently in the Discord server, I'm repeating the announcement made there.

This Thursday/Friday/Saturday I will be posting a close to the Rivals thread. You have until then to get a final post in. In addition, once I've done that, I will be opening up the first Interlude episode (thread) that will be opening the floor to the more philosophical elements that this plotship is going to be focused on when not performing combat operations. During the length of the Interlude, myself and @Jack Pine will be sitting down and preparing, rigging, and establishing the first actual Mission of the plotship. I apologize for how long this has taken. In addition, if anyone wants to suggest ideas for Missions or Interludes, I'm open to hearing them. The next Mission (Currently codenamed "Milk Run") will be taking place in 8月 YE41. I am aware this puts us behind the current date of the site, but I intend to have each major mission occur during a different month. Since the plan for the first tour of duty is 6 months, that is 6 missions, meaning six main mission threads. We'll be returning to the rest of Yamatai around 4月 YE42. Do please keep this in mind. In addition, communications will be kept to a minimum, so your characters will not be keeping in regular touch with anyone not on the plotship. I wish to apologize to everyone if they find they do not like the idea of this, but it's part of the theme of the mission, which is that our plotship is on its own inside the enemy's territory, with no way to reasonably get help from home while it's past the zone of conflict.

I have the basic plans in place for the first three main missions, but the floor is open for those who wish to suggest ideas or concepts for the remaining three.

If anyone wishes to leave the plotship, for whatever reason, please come let me know on Discord (Glein#5930) so I can set such things up.

With Rival's end, we will be seeing the departure of Menelik, played by @Firebrand, from the ship, on his way to Nepland's OCS program. Thank you for your time with us, and the best of luck to your future endeavors.
[EDIT 0459, 01/20/2020, Pacific Standard Time] In addition, Eric Nabeel, played by @SchererSoban , will also depart from the ship. A big thank you as well for your time with us, and best of luck to you, and may your next plot be as welcoming.

However, we will, officially, have @NightDreamer09 and @Classytootsypop join us with their characters Itatski Kyoko, SAINT Field Operations Agent, and Titus Phane, Pilot assigned to airlift actions, respectively. Please welcome them warmly. This is the official OOC thread, to be used in conjunction with the Discord channel, for those who do not wish to use Discord or are unable to use Discord at any point. I cannot say it will be kept up on as much as the discord server (https://discord.gg/FaJnhE9) will, but it will be present.

Thank you for your time, and let's hope this year proves a productive one, for everyone.

Last edited:
To quote me from the Discord channel-

Starting this weekend (March 6 to March 8th US Pacific Time) Mission 1 of the plot will be starting. It will be split between Ranger and Rikugun threads, with most of my focus being on the Ranger thread. If the Infantry get called in, they'll begin posting in the Ranger thread to reflect the two focuses becoming one.

The current Interlude thread (O1I1 - Establishing Connections) will continue to be active until the first weekend of April (April 3rd to April 4th US Pacific Time).

In terms of what is assured to happen between the Interlude and Mission 1, is that the last supply delivery for the Artemis will arrive. On it, will be the items Bjorn requested (eyes and role-playing items), any last minute orders your character may have put in (nothing too big, if you're concerned about it being 'too big', talk to me on Discord please), and three prototype LSTV's from Origin Industries, well ahead of SAoY ordering the main-line models.

In terms of helping everyone understand what the plan is for threads here - All major threads will be considered 'live and active', for three months of OOC time. Reasons for it to be longer or shorter are of plot-related OOC concerns. They can be shorter if the plot progresses well and the mission is considered done early. They can however also be longer depending on if things occurring in the thread warrant an extension. In terms of how the rotation will be handled, it will be something similar to this: An Interlude represents the start of a 'cycle'. It will be started, and run for three months. Two months into the interlude, the tied Mission will begin. The interlude will have one month left to finish while the mission is started and runs for three months. The next Interlude will start only upon completion of the mission.

Hopefully this all makes some degree of sense to everyone. If not, do not hesitate to contact me via either PM's or Discord (with Discord being the preferred method to contact me).

Thank you for your patience and time,
Glein, YSS Artemis GM

New missions have been started. Milk Run is the Ranger's story, while Housekeeping is the Infantry waiting in reserve.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back