Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC YSS Celia OOC Thread

What should be the ship motto of the YSS Celia?

• Peace through Strength

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Celia Never Rests

• Through the Stars, and into the Future

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
*GASP* :shock: Scandalous!

Ready to go, will be able to post Friday morning, then I'm offline 'til Tuesday.
Feel free to push Avaldamon around if need be.

No, I haven't written myself off along with my new car, just been mightily distracted by it. I shall post this evening after work, sorry about the wait.

Ding ding ding! Imp Syndrome gets the prize! :D

I'm pretty tired myself. Had some extra paperwork to do after work. Yuck.

*Yangfan has increased his skill in paperwork!*

Ooo. :mrgreen:

Anyway, no new IC post today, but I did add a bit extra to my last IC post.

Crap post is crap; midnight is not my best time to write.

One day I'll learn to write RP post, then go forum surfing, not the other way around :/

I got to get my car's oil changed tomorrow, so I'm going to call it a night (relatively) early.

Next post will be tomorrow. ^_^

Yangfan said:
...so I'm going to call it a night (relatively) early.

I have got to ask, because it's been nagging at me for months...Exactly what time zone do you live in, Yangfan-sama? Your posts usually show up between 0130 and 0500 hrs to me, and I live in Chicago time...er, Central Standard time...So I've got to wonder if you're several hours ahead of/behind me, or if you're just a night owl.

Umm...Yangfan you said you'd help me through my first post? That would be much appreciated. ^_^ I'm quite thrilled to begin playing. It's been quite some time since i've been able to play an online RP so i'm a bit rusty. Thanks much. My Yahoo is Ren Random or [email protected] if that helps. I personally prefer windows live which is [email protected] if you use that one please send a note with your request to add that your from star army (for anybody else who's grabing it) that is my main messenger and i like to keep it sorted. ^_^ Thanks again.

Ren

Hi Aaron. Let me get back to you on this later today. I plan on writing up a "new player guide to the Celia" that will make this plot-ship even more new-player-friendly. :)

(Edit: my YIM is on the fritz again. Aaron, please email me at yfw2005 AT gmail DOT com with any questions that you may have, even if it's just "how do I get started?")

I'm in the Pacific time zone. Yes, I'm a night owl. It's a habit I got in college that I'm trying to break. >_<

The second she was inside the elevator, she deployed the support drones, having the six of them trace out a tidy arch above her head.

Sorry, Kel. Those were disabled in addition to being offline. All the modules that showed as being "offline" during diagnostics were disabled by the Celia.

I should have been clearer in the status report. ^_^;

Of course, there's no reason you can't have Orie attempt to re-enable them after she leaves the ship. She's a trained tech sentry, and a little hardware hacking on your own armor is okay with me. 8-) Just remember that she'll probably want to hide the fact that she's doing this from Celia and Sixthree.

The attachments are completely gone, though, as they're optional parts of the armor.

Protip: NSB and NSDs are reliant on their powerarmour's CFS for power; the CFS will also insta-kill anyone who happens to be unshielded and within 2 meters of the armour (with decreasing effects further out). While the NSB/Ds do have a limited amount of onboard power it's only good for 20 seconds of operation, shorter if you plan on having them shoot at all.

So if you are anywhere near, say, the Taisho, you may not want to have your CFS on ;)

Itkatsu Kiyoko said:
Protip: NSB and NSDs are reliant on their powerarmour's CFS for power; the CFS will also insta-kill anyone who happens to be unshielded and within 2 meters of the armour (with decreasing effects further out).

This is what I get for having a character wind up in a Mindy. I'm too used to the Daisy with its happy little tactical drones that don't require one to fry everybody in the room. Alright, all references to the drones removed.

Hi Jeff, you get the same deal as Aaron: you can just post yourself coming aboard, or do something a little more elaborate with the shuttle approach. After consideration, my official GM ruling is that shuttle approach during this type of mission (hostage situation) is okay. :)

Incidentally, instead of cramming everyone in one mission, Ren and Isuzu will be going a little side-quest of sorts. ^_^

For our other three tech sentries: Uh oh. Now where did Sixthree say we should go to on Deck 28 again? ^_^;;

Finally, David, don't worry, guarding Aurore will be a fairly interesting job. :P

Now, if I can only get a few more dozen hours per day and move this plot faster. >_< I'm gonna catch some sleep.

I'm cool with the side quest. ^_^ It'll give me a chance to stretch as it were. Plus it looks like (Jeff was it?) my partner for this one is a bit more of a hand at this so can help me with my RP and i can follow a lead. That'll help a lot until i get back into the groove of things again.

Oh ya...i was wondering about pic's. Any specific limits on them? I'm so-so at drawing and was thinking of doing one for me....but my style's a bit different than what is in the art section.

EDIT: I just went looking around and discovered that I was actually earlier to join...at least with as far as the join dates on our posting names are concerned. *Shrug* ah well....^_^

I've done a Play-by-Post RP before, but its been a few years. I just wanted to get a bit of character personality, background and appearance information into the post so that it wouldn't be so necessary to check Isuzu's wiki page to know what you're looking at- but it turned out a bit verbose ^_^;...

Oh, and before we get to first impressions, how tall is Ren? You described her as 'average height' in your first post, but her profile lists her as 5'. Isuzu is 4'11" and that's a bit short, even for a Neko.

I've done old school late ninety's chat rooms before...but nothing this structured outside of a table top game. *Shrug* and like i said late ninety's...so its been a LONG while for me.

Short post today, since I have an early meeting with my manager tomorrow morning. Got to get to sleep early. ^_^;;

Rathmere's contact info up again *salute*

I forgot I might have to repost it since the hack. Will post IC right now.

Another talky post; Isuzu tends to think a lot before she acts -_-;...

Incidentally, have you decided what species Renko was before joining the Star Army, Aaron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back