Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC YSS Celia OOC Thread

What should be the ship motto of the YSS Celia?

• Peace through Strength

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Celia Never Rests

• Through the Stars, and into the Future

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that more like areas influenced more by the 5th XF? I have a hard time understanding how the YSS Valiant had any business there... the same would go for a ship from the 3rd XF, right?

Did I see something about Abwehran in here?

Yes, 5th XF does have jurisdiction over the sector of space Abwehr is located. In fact, 5th XF did send a small taskforce there to make contact...but due to issue IRL for both me and Ven we had to cut it short.

Kotori said:
Isn't that more like areas influenced more by the 5th XF? I have a hard time understanding how the YSS Valiant had any business there... the same would go for a ship from the 3rd XF, right?

GM's prerogative? ^_^

Henry's one of the more experienced diplomats in the fleets. (Which is kind of sad, really.)

You won't get any counter-arguments from me regarding that. I just looks odd for an outsider, that's all.

And Henry just smacks of coolness. I don't see how that would be a sad thing ~_^

Thanks to Thomas for spontaneously editing the last JP.

I'm available for JP during evenings and nights until this Thursday, Wes.

I'm moving back to school on Friday.

Let's wrap up the current thread via SP, while I'm still available. :p

Tyler, I'm thinking that we should have our chars do some training while the 3XF gets some down time. Any thoughts on this?

The Celia thread is locked down while the GM is hitting the books for the next few months.

ICly, the Celia will be docked at Anisa Star Fortress, and her crew will get extended shoreleave. The other two carrier groups will be busy conducting follow-up diplomatic missions to Ohara, Essia, and Gashmere.

In the mean time, all Celia PCs are free to roam around in the following locations:
* YSS Celia
* Anisa Star Fortress
* Anisa Prime (planetside)
* Yamatai
(Just in case Tyler gets the itch to SP while I'm gone.)

All other locations are off-limits, as the 3XF leadership does not wish the crew's merrymaking to distract / disrupt the operations of the rest of the fleet, much less other fleets.

Finally, all Celia PCs may take the time to train one skill. This may result in a new skill at novice level, or increased proficiency in an existing skill.

Oh, the things I do for ratings. :D

Note to Wes: Please don't close the Celia yet. More posts to come in the next few days.

Forum recovery is in progress. Please stand by.

If you want to help, please send me the archives from the old forum, properly formated. I have backups, but they are not in a good format. :p

Also, please refrain from posting IC posts for now. I want to try to restore things in chronological order, if possible.

If you get bored, have a blast to the past by reading the old IC threads in the Celia and other SARP plot-ships. :D

Celia recovery complete. :D

Will / Imp Syndrome, you saved me a lot of work. I hereby present you with the OOC Forum Recovery Medal, for meritorious action during forum recovery operations.

medal.PNG

Happy to be of help, and I gladly accept this honor, but there's still a lot of work to be done. I'll do what I can to communicate with the plotship mods and help out where possible.

When Aurore walked into the med bay, Joey recognized her silver-paneled uniform...

Actually, high ranking SAY officers, including Aurore, wear white-paneled uniforms. Celia wears a silver-paneled uniform because silver is sort of "her color", and the MEGAMI avatars don't really have a uniform dress code like regular crewmen do. They get the special privilege of being able to wear what they want, which something that even the Taishos can't get away with. (Also, I was trying to be clever. :p)

Sorry about the confusion. Feel free to go back and edit your post, Will, although I won't mind if you just leave it as it is. :)

Also, no IC posts from me today. Work + gym = tired Yangfan. Will try to post tomorrow. :p

Ah, OK...I thought the white panel was only for the super-high-ranking officers at the time...But I didn't know that Taisho was the highest officer rank at the time, either, and the two combined meant that I had no idea what I was saying...Time to go and edit the post.

FYI, only the "captain", or the person in charge of each ship, wears white panels. But:

1. Not all "captains" are of rank Taisa (Captain). Only the big, bad battleships get Taisas. The smaller ships are captained by lower ranking officers. A Ketsueki gunboat, for example, can be even captained by a Taii, who would wear white-panels in that position. (!)

2. Aurore, a fleet admiral, is technically NOT the captain of the Celia, even though she's obviously the highest ranking officer aboard. Yuri, with a rank of Chusa (Commander), is the captain, and is in charge of running the ship. Aurore, meanwhile, is in charge of running the entire fleet. As a special case, Aurore also gets to wear white panels alongside Yuri.

Confusing as heck, I know. ^_^;

I'm pretty sure we got these conventions from real world navies, so you can't blame the GMs for this one. :D

I think I've caught a cold. I currently feel too crappy to write any IC posts. :(

We'll see if I improve tomorrow.

Yangfan said:
I think I've caught a cold. I currently feel too crappy to write any IC posts. :(

We'll see if I improve tomorrow.
I hope you feel better soon Yangfan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back