• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC YSS Celia OOC Thread

What should be the ship motto of the YSS Celia?

• Peace through Strength

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Celia Never Rests

• Through the Stars, and into the Future

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys. I'm already feeling better. ^_^

No IC posts today. Expect the next one tomorrow or Saturday. It'll be a long one.

It was originally going to be a long IC post, but I've decided to cut it into two parts. So there.

Santô Hei Aoki, I'm afraid you're too short to fit into a Daisy, so you'll have to make do with a Mindy.

'Make do' with a Mindy. Lolzorz.
"I'm afraid you're too big for a hummer, so you'll just have to drive this jet-powered battletank."

I've been playing trial admin at a LAN event these last 3 days where there was an unanticipated lack of internets. I'm still trying to catch up on much lost sleep and much, much catch up of other stuff so I probably won't post for another day.

Mmm... LAN party...

All is forgiven. (There really wasn't anything to forgive.) Please post at your leisure, David. ^_^

Oh, and next IC post from me is tomorrow. I have a post but it's not ready. :3 Please keep posting in the mean time. You guys are doing great.

Dammit. I think I caught something over the weekend or last Friday (yes, again!), and it's getting worse. My immune system is pretty much exhausted now. >_<

I'll make a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I'm also taking a few days off to recover.

Dang, am I, like, the ONLY PERSON ON THIS PLANET who isn't getting sick right now?!! I'm getting seriously freaked out; the worst I've had since the equinox was a cold that lasted a few days, and everyone I know and their brother has developed the flu AT LEAST ONCE...!!

In any case, take some time and get some rest, kyoudai. From the sound of it, I'd guess you need it. I'd rather have you out for a week to return all the stronger than have you continue to strain yourself while you're sick.

I think I'm on the mend. It doesn't hurt when I swallow anymore, and the muse inside my head is angrily demanding that I continue the story. ^_^

I HATE that feeling...It happens to me a lot when I get sick, since I've got oversized tonsils...Having mono was the worst thing that ever happened to me, as far as illness goes; I felt like I was going to die of breathing for days at a time.

Anyway, good to have you back, kyoudai. Don't strain yourself, though; if you're not up to being active online, you should take it easy until you're back in good health.

(X-posted to the Miharu discussion thread)

In the next three weeks, I have to write two fully 3d interactive games from scratch, write a patch for Second Life (involving one programming language that I've never even glanced at before), write a program to read in sentences and tag the parts of speech, take three exams, register for next quarter, fill out half a dozen forms and write an essay to apply for JET, give a 60 minute presentation, finish writing a Unix command shell from scratch, and theoretically eat and sleep at some point. Oh, and I have to pick up an extra day or two at work because somebody's on vacation.

Which is to say, I will probably be very scarce for a while. I'll try to drop in once or twice a day, but if a situation comes up where one of my characters has to respond to move things forward and I don't seem to be stepping up to the challenge, feel free to NPC them along.

Ahh. That brings back fond memories of college. :geek:

My advice: take one of your class out to the shed and put it out of its misery. You'll have to prioritize and figure out which classes you truly care about, and which ones you don't care if you bomb it. If you try to give each class due diligence, you'll get terribly sick, and then you wouldn't get much work done at all, would you?

Your immune system will weaken as you get less and less sleep, but you can tweak your diet to compensate: much less meat, more fish, more fruits and veggies, drink water like a fish, pop a vitamin pill everyday.

Yes, you NEED TO EAT. ^_^;;

And don't take so many technical classes next time. I've tried it before. Lessons learned?

1. It doesn't make girls find you more attractive. (Shocker.) :shock:
2. Some guy with 300 IQ is going to outshine you anyway. :evil:
3. You feel like crap afterward.

It's, quite frankly, not worth it.

Yeah, this is a one-time thing. At the senior tier of computer science here, there are 10 classes. You must take any 4 of them to graduate. A lot of the ones I wanted to be able to take are only given in fall quarter... and this is my last fall quarter in college. So, rather than take the others and end up in Computation Theory 2: Boy, We Sure Love Turning Machines in the Winter, I decided to load up on all the fun stuff that I could.

On the upside, after this quarter, I have three classes left. Over two quarters. I look forward to my one-class quarter. So really, after this quarter, I have 6 months of a very light schedule to enjoy before I graduate and get shoved out into Real World Land.

*nods* I understand, although I personally would've dropped down to three.

I still say designate one of your classes to be the whipping boy and hope you get a passing grade in it. ^_^

On a completely unrelated note, this is how your char gets into a power armor: there's a fleshy slit on the back of the armor. You lower your head and climb inside. The fleshy layer surrounding your character acts as a biological interface and shock absorbers. (This is something your char would've learned in Basic.)

Like the Mishhus say, a Yamataian armor is "crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside".

Er, this isn't entirely accurate.

The JP below is what we primarily consider the canon for Mindy entry:

... I just noticed that they were instructed to put on their jumpsuits, not suit up all the way into their power armor. Somebody shout at me the next time I do something that stupid.

Are all KFY power armours available aboard the Celia, or is there a limited selection?

Also, is the railgun on the Kylie removable?

Good question:

From reading the Kylie's description, it doesn't look like the railgun is an optional weapon, so it's probably not removable.

Of course, anything is removable if you try hard enough. Someone has to repair the armor later if you damage it though. ^_^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…