• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Jade [YSS Jade] Summons in the Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yangfan

Inactive Member
ON> YSS Jade (YD-524)

One of Jade's avatar's hands reached into Henry's nest, grabbing him by the shoulder and shaking him to wake him. "Chusa Chen. Wake up."

"Huh? Wha?" mumbled Henry as he sat up. He was not exactly a morning person. "Is it 0700 hours already?" he asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"No. It is 0113. Are you fully awake now?" Jade asked.

"... Yes," replied Henry as he fought back the fog of sleepiness in his brain. "Is something wrong? Why did you wake me this early?"

"Chusa, Tami Star Fortress (YH-07) has been attacked and is in serious condition. The crew is currently struggling to prevent it from falling from orbit. Mistress Taisho Yui is on the bridge screen, waiting for you to report," Jade explained.

"I see," replied Henry as he got dressed. Within a minute, he was down in the bridge and in front of the view screen.

"Chusa Henry Chen reporting for duty, Taisho."

Yui was there on screen in a kimono, eating General Tso's chicken while she waited for him. When he entered the bridge she set it aside and wiped off her lips before addressing him. "Chusa Chen, I know you're probably getting tired of me sliding you up and down the chain of command, but I'm afraid I'll have to do it again. Chujo Ellen Richards, the commander of 3rd Expeditionary Fleet and Star Fortress Tami was killed about an hour ago. I'm going to temporarily put you in charge of the 3rd Expeditionary Fleet," she told him. "Your rank will be raised to Master-Taisa."

"Yes, ma'am," replied Henry, becoming very worried about just how much of the 3rd XF is left.

"I need the 3rd XF for another mission, however. While the automated ships will stay behind to help the Star Fortress, I want the three Ayame cruisers, Celia, Ayame II, and Hana-Shôbu II to assist the Nerimian Defense Initiative in a critical recon mission," Yui went on. "An ancient race is threatening all life in their system, and we have to help them find this enemy."

"Of course... Permission to speak freely, ma'am?"

"Of course."

"Those who attacked the Tami system should feel the wrath of the Empire. I trust that there will be retaliatory strikes against those responsible?"

"They were ships of the Elysian Celestial Navy," Yui said. "I'll leave it to the Empress to decide what retaliation is needed."

"Yes, ma'am. Will you need me to lead the recon mission?"

Yui nodded.

"I will have the ships begin preparations for the TTD jump immediately then," said Henry as he sat down at the captain's chair, and began typing rapidly at his terminal. "Please transmit me the rally point in the destination universe. I can have the three cruisers and the Jade there shortly."

"Cirios Prime," Yui said, as the coordinates were delivered.

It was as if the ship herself was awaking from a deep slumber. All over the ship, lighting level increased as the TTD and other systems came online and began their warm-up sequence. Several crewmembers entered the bridge, some of them grumbling and rubbing their eyes, to support the night-shift crew already there. They bowed to Yui’s image on the view screen before going over to their stations.

"Good luck," Yui said, ending the transmission.

END

JP by: Wes (Jade's avatar, Yui), Yangfan (Henry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back