• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō [YSS Kaiyō] Ichi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
YSS Kaiyō
Bridge
3日 1月 YE 39
0600 Hours

They had been on their voyage for a few days and nearly everyone had remained on high alert in that time. Everyone had found certain roles to take up aboard the ship, whether official occupational ones or not. The infantrymen were most often seen in the lounge or wardroom entertaining themselves while the science officers worked in the Sakura lab and the technicians and engineers worked on prepping the ship's innards for combat. The bridge crew had remained at their posts for as long as they could sustain themselves there, resting intermittently.

It was there that Taii Teien Eden could be found. standing with an air of interest over the sensor operator. She was interested in something, something distant and unreadable from her vantage point.

"Santo hei Deio. What are you reading?" Eden asked of the eccentric red-head.

Asuka nodded a few times, though not in response to her captain. "It looks like a ship, but they're drifting on minimal power. There's no transponder signal."

"Santo hei Arbitrated Shan," Eden spoke out, not looking away from the read out. "I want you prepared for anything. Deio, we may be going in closer. I want to know everything about that craft that we possibly can at the first moment we can."

"It's big," Asuka started off. "Very big. I can't see more until we're in visual range, unless they power it up."

"It's not one of ours, correct?" Teien Eden asked of Deio Asuka.

"If it is, it's a recent wreck, or worse. We should be getting a signal. And it shouldn't be here!"

"No, no it should not. We need to get inside or get it to turn on. Either we shoot near it and spook them enough to turn systems on, or we prepare a boarding party to go in quietly," Eden said to herself, much more so than to Asuka. "I know what we should do."

It was a risk, but she was willing to take it.

To her XO she said, "We're going to move past them. This is too early to be Kuvexians or Rixxikor, we're still light years away from them. Let's try getting past them. Ito Arnbjorg, move us forward. Boss, let's go into low power mode, as well. Also, have the away team prepped. I want this to go smoothly, hopefully nothing at all happens."

Just as the Kaiyō's vector started to take it away from the ship on screen, Asuka's display lit up, and she cried out. "They're following us! They're not as fast, but they'll catch us if we don't turn away. It doesn't look military... there's some aether emissions, but not from main power."

"That doesn't sound good," Eden growled. To her pilot, she said, "Ito, prepare for evasive maneuvers!" To the MEGAMI she said, "Boss! I want to know that the power armor team is assembled!"

"They are just about all there, Taii," Boss replied in her normal, friendly voice that had only a hint of edge to it. But that hint made Teien Eden concerned.

"Make sure they're all there, now." Eden replied. To Asuka she said, "Thank you, santo hei."

"Ara, so bold~" Sakamoto's sultry voice chimed in.

"You wanted to simply pass this unknown by," the woman observed, idly flicking black strands of hair away from a feline ear. A bit to Eden's right, the older Nekovalkyrja sat atop her command console, legs crossed and facing the young Taii, watching her like a cat. Even when the details came up on the main screen, she never bothered to turn and look. No, it seemed that Eden was her sole interest. "If I may be so bold, perhaps it would be wise to turn away and evade for the time being as we determine it's true nature?" she suggested. Her tail, held low, slowly swished back and forward as she spoke. "Perhaps a sensor buoy, or a small flight? We do have excellent stealth after all."

Yes. Eden was young. But, what would she say or do next?

"Sakamoto," Teien Eden began. "We tried evading. That was our first tactic. But now they know we're here and we need to stay to fulfill our duty to negate threats to the Empire. We do need to determine its true nature and we'll only be able to do that by boarding. We move forward with the operation."

"Of course Teien-taii," the woman replied. "But I do recall Deio-hei saying they'd catch us, but only if we didn't turn away?~~~" she playfully reminded the younger woman. Her tail held low, it continued to rhythmetically wag like a pendulum, left, right, left right. "We can, of course, still sortie and take a look at the ship, but I would like you to be safe while we did so," Sakamoto added. As she said this however, her mind was working away. The images and data their ship did collect on this mystery vessel, the SAINT Agent quickly fed into the database, searching for any matches. Symbols, paint, even battle scars and pockmarks made ships stand out from one another.

Knowledge was power, and right now, they had very little.

"Would you like me to sortie with them by the way?" Sakamoto, despite her distaste for this, she was as curious as a cat.

Last edited:
To the SAINT Neko, Taii Eden said, "I want you here with me, to counsel as you have been doing. It is important to have your criticism close at hand. We will not let them catch us, though! We will not let them get the upper hand! We have it right now and they must give up their secrets or face our crippling power head on!"

Walking away from the console that Sakamoto was perched on, she said, "Boss? how is the away team looking?"

"Nearly operational," the MEGAMI replied.

"One side of the power armor bay is open to space, correct?"

"Correct," Boss replied.

"Then nothing's stopping the away team from moving forward." She turned to her XO, "What are your thoughts?"

"Santo hei Arbitrated Shan," Eden spoke out, not looking away from the read out. "I want you prepared for anything."
Wordlessly, the Elysian goes about priming and loading the weapons, forcibly rechecking their status when possible to avoid possible errors in firing, and angling most of the turrets to track and attempt to lead the unidentified ship. She's tracking with the turrets completely manually currently, to avoid provocation via weapon lock signature. Her left wing twitches visually, the bleached magenta plumage rippling downwards.
"Tracking target manually, for now."

Meissa has, for at least the past hour, been beating on a poor punching bag for the past hour or so.
"Aaaaaaargh!"
She lands a swift roundhouse to the bag, sending it into a full swing. She drops to the floor, panting a little. The bag mount squeaks a little in help.
She stands in her combat stance for a little bit, before dropping form and walking off to shower and change out of her currently very sweaty casual wear.

Anastasia had been in an flurry of activity that morning. For someone as quiet as she is, she has gotten a lot of prep work done, working hard and fast. She's been seen that morning moving in and out around the power armor bay, as well as many other mechanical rooms keeping everything in check. Perhaps she does need more sleep.

Yoshida spent most of her days in a sort of routine. After waking up exceptionally early, she would have a quick workout, go through her daily test flight and equipment check of her armor, and grab a bite to eat before heading off participating in one social activity or another, burning time away by chatting, gaming, or watching some of those sweet anime shows.

Today however, her routine was interrupted just after she had peeled the armor off, the call to arms came, signalling she should be getting back into the armor she just took off. "But... I didn't get to eat yet..." She quickly got over her initial disapointment however, the possibility of imminent combat registering in the shorty's head. "... oh... OH!"

Sure that her armor was already up to spec, she worked to put it on as fast as she could, having had practice with that over the last few days it went by like nothing, in moments she once again was feeling the cool interior of her mindy on her skin. She then proceeded to jump up and down on her toes like an excited school girl, an excited school girl that was ready to wreak unholy destruction upon all the enemies of Yamatai. "This is so exciting!"

Carter had been occupying the majority of his time over the first two days of the voyage acquainting himself with the ship and his teammates. When the the call came to assemble the away team, he immediately sprinted to the power armor bay, finding Yoshida at the end of her exercises. He quickly ran a systems check on his Mindy, and donned the armor, awaiting the rest of his team. He began pacing in the power armor bay, back and forth, trying to calm down before the call went out to embark.

Boss sent out a warning to those in the away team that had not gotten to the bridge yet, saying, "It is time for the away team to embark on their mission."

She turned off the water in Meissa's cabin and repeated her statement, again.

Boss sent out a warning to those in the away team that had not gotten to the bridge yet, saying, "It is time for the away team to embark on their mission."

She turned off the water in Meissa's cabin and repeated her statement, again.
Meissa has already finished her shower.
"Yeah, didn't need to turn my water off!"
She quickly dries off, throws clothes on, and runs to the bridge.
"What's going?"
Again, her hair is a mess. Sigh.

The MEGAMI let Teien Eden know there was a large grouping of the away team in the PA bay.

The captain said to them over comms, "There is an enemy ship attempting to follow the Kaiyō. Engage by boarding. Keep open comms and report back visual and auditory feed to the Kaiyō at all times. If hostile, use full armament against them. If peaceful, determine the nature of what they are doing here. I will guide you from there from the Kaiyō."

Meissa acknowledges the order and runs back over to the PA bay.
"Did not expect that as the start of my day..."
She grumbles a little as she walks over to her Mindy 4.

"Woo1 Allright first deployment yeah?" She gave a giggle as she noted carter's nervousness "We'll be fine come on!" She certainly didn't seem to be nervous enough for one going into battle for the first time, only breathing a tad faster than normal. The only bit that made her stop in her tirade of excitement was spotting the still wet Santo Hei Meissa as she ran to her armor, and as she spotted this she did indeed wonder if they were actually prepared for a fight or not.

"Well uh, lets go!" She started to hover as she inched towards the open to space exit for the bay, before she shot out like a rocket, and took in the beautiful sight or the starfilled scenery, nothing, not even a planet's atmosphere stopping her from enjoying the veiw, if only for a moment. "Wow..."

Meissa closes her eyes, breathes in, and then out. She opens her eyes. Something about her changes slightly. Does she stand straighter? Is she more alert? It's something in the eyes for sure.
She suits up, and takes off.
"Santo Hei Meissa Nashira exiting PA bay and now in space. Currently orbiting home ship at 10 meters, awaiting further command."
The people in the bridge may see her fly past as she holds her Beam Sword at ready.

he MEGAMI let Teien Eden know there was a large grouping of the away team in the PA bay.

The captain said to them over comms, "There is an enemy ship attempting to follow the Kaiyō. Engage by boarding. Keep open comms and report back visual and auditory feed to the Kaiyō at all times. If hostile, use full armament against them. If peaceful, determine the nature of what they are doing here. I will guide you from there from the Kaiyō."
"Well uh, lets go!" She started to hover as she inched towards the open to space exit for the bay, before she shot out like a rocket, and took in the beautiful sight or the starfilled scenery, nothing, not even a planet's atmosphere stopping her from enjoying the veiw, if only for a moment. "Wow..."

Anastasia stood out of the way watching the suited team activate and achieve liftoff, feeling confident her work on the power armor was done. Some might not of heard it over their excitement and the overhead announcements, but she wished them luck.

Navian moved into the bay and donned her own armour without a word to the rest of the team. Once she was done, with her AIES online, she could see how dire the situation was--or could be. "Our contact is an unidentified vessel the size of a heavy cruiser... Caution is advised." Orders were orders, though. She launched with the rest of the group, to form up.

When the order to embark came, Carter ceased his pacing, took a few deep breaths, and rocketed out of the power armor bay, forming up with the rest of the infantry squad. He spoke, voice clear and surprisingly calm despite his earlier display of nerves. "We're clear. Beginning approach."

"You're doing great team," Taii Eden responded. "Make it to that freighter," she said as they got more information on it. "It's a heavily outfitted Caravan! You'll have to get past the point defense weapons on it. Two on either side of the prow's hull and and two on the stern. Be careful!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back