• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

OOC YSS Kaiyō II Discussion

OKAY so Mission 16 just got an explanation:
https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/threads/pre-mission-sixteen-hatsuyume.63816/

The most important thing I want to reiterate and add on to is that it will take three to four months ICly until we do a briefing and action mission. I rephrased this mission title to pre-mission 16. JPs and side stuff can take place on the ship, off the ship in armor, you know, whatever! Have some fun there if you have been really waiting to socialize, train, etc, in RP! I have a great plan for the real mission 16 so it should go smoothly once we get there, but I do want to wait until 15 is fully wrapped up before that happens. So, for now, let's relax in the onsen or what have you in the hatsuyume thread, do some JPs, and post in in mission 15 to finish that up! Oh and I mean what Eden said, those words surprised me as they came from a place in my heart I thought I had closed off. Thank you guys for being here. We may not be fighting enemies alongside one another like our characters, but we are sharing our passion, skills, and love with one another a lot by writing these stories together, so it is applicable in my opinion. Thank you.

Not many people have been going back to Mission 15, which is understandable! This recent GM post gave you guys new gear and an idea for what we are going to do in the future.

I was thinking as far as writing the battle about to ensue, I would let you guys write how your characters affect the enemies and more enemy action than would be normal. I will give you the go-ahead in OOC to start doing that as I have not written the enemies there, yet. I hope that will be fun for writing it for you guys and will make the thread wrap up faster than if I were to tell you what each action does to the enemies. When they show up, I'll have Boss shoot and show you what works and what effect it has on the demon spawn.

I have a few links to drop:
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:stararmy:equipment:kaiyo:year_end_gifts
https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/threads/to-galactic-horizon-from-hoshi-eden.62257/
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:galactic_horizon#recreationlasertag

The first one includes wiki code for the year end presents given to everyone. The individual ones you will have to write.
The second and third links should give you a better idea about what laser tag gear we have. The first one is the thread where they bought the gear and you can see in club's post what we got. Third is a wiki resource for said gear.

Mission 15 needs posts. Please move ahead with Boss' plan!

So the hosh just has a stash of jackets and, Of all things, Keyboards stashed away for gifts enough for an entire ships crew?

how has nobody stumbled across the electric-keyboard room after all this time?

If it was still legal to make disposable sprites, she'd have a whole band! As it stands, nobody likes to play with her. They say things like, "All of us? On the same instrument?" or "That's not a thing people do!" and my favorite, "No, not again."

If you are not involved in the group JP, please DM me. I didn't start it and am not facilitating it, but everyone is invited and I am posting in it with my characters. I invite @Blizzard to explain the JP here, it is a cute concept! <3

Military pilots are given "callsigns". If you've ever seen Top Gun, you'll know the famous callsigns "Maverick" and "Goose". However what you may not know is that real life callsigns are not as glamorous. They are voted on by your peers based on any embarrassing moments or negative traits you have, even your last name.

IE: last name "Clause", your callsign will be "Santa".

In short, the JP is a roast session where we give other crewmates embarrassing nicknames.

I hate this enemy, please kill them:

Please write enemy actions, have fun with it. I will DM you if what you wrote is crazy out there. Please don't use real weaponry or we'll likely have to start this whole thing over, in some way. I don't know how that would work, but I have a headcanon that real weaponry would really mess this operation up. Shooting a laser tag gun at a civvie birb person would likely be very bad, too. So yeah don't do that, but anything else is on the table, I suppose. Have fun with the scary demon spawn, okay? :D

I realize that this doesn't explain everything SO
Once the Kaiyō crew shot every shadow demon spawn down, the Elysians and bathhouse just sort of evaporated up and away, sort of meshing in to the lightning storms above them. The Kaiyo crew, now on a huge grassy area, surrounded by the crazy lightning storms, could leave by flying up or teleporting. The YSS Akagi was ofc studied more by not us.

Mission Sixteen should be starting for real soon. I am a bit tired but will try for starting it tonight, no promises (I am already dead tired ahh)!

I updated the picture in the mission thread as I took it last night, when I finished the drawing, and fluorescent lighting can't compare to natural lighting.

I would like to remind you guys that this plot has 15 missions under its belt, now. 15, to me, signifies a difference between a typical amount of something and a lot of it. It was tough finishing this mission for me for many reasons, partly because it signified moving into the realm of "a lot" of missions that I have run with this plot as well as the fact that I loved the idea. In many ways, I put my whole "kleos" out on the table with these missions, like the dead woman we found in 15. I have been running this plot for long enough to have seen that everyone comes and goes and, sometimes, come back, again. It is great having such passionate players, now, as I have had in the past. I love having positively passionate players, though, and don't think it is necessary to have passionate players that are the opposite of positive.

There is nothing keeping you on this plot if you want to complain about me or about it. I really don't have the time for players to be rude to me but stay in the plot. I love this plot, but I don't always have the energy to make the posts I make or to spill my brain out on the page, but I still do. It is a struggle to put all of my energy out for people that make me feel bad about myself. Last night I was worried about the ramifications of asking certain players to leave the plot. Today I realized the ramifications of keeping some of you guys in the plot are even worse than those of kicking you off. Any current JPs you are can continue, but the next mission is not open to the people I have messaged. My first mission post will probably include something about how a logistics ship came and got the people I am asking to leave. I know this will disrupt some of the PC relationships and for that I am really sorry. Anyone that wants to leave, as well, can message me.

Alright, mission brief is starting and BIG CHANGE I am switching us over to Arabic numerals (1,2,18, etc) for thread titles and we no longer need or should spell out the numbers in the titles.

Also, I tagged the location a little differently and the part below the hyphen is what you need to copy for your post (ship and room tag):
Kagami Galaxy
Near Kuvexian Border
-

YSS Kaiyō II
Wardroom

Let's kick some alien butt lol have fun and yeah!!

Well it wasn't easy but I did it:

emoji time:
😍😎🕺😊🛍🎊🎉🎀🎁🍿🍾👏💃🎆🎇🎊🎉🎊🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
I also made one:

I just replied and you absolutely don't have to read all of that. tldr bridge stuff and Eden got in her Mindy and created some disguises and sent them to HUD.

I posted a few minutes ago and just edited my post so that Eden just yeets herself out of there. Get ready to write the party pooping about to commence!

According to all known laws of aviation, The Kaiyo II shouldnt be able to fly. Its heavy, tough hull and lack of true aerodinamic features should render it unable to lift off of the ground.

The Kaiyo II though, flies anyways, because it doesnt care about what the Lkor thinks is impossible

(kill me)

Okay, so the First Expeditionary Fleet is being disbanded OOC. That's the fleet that YSS Kaiyō I was in and II is in, which means one major thing to me: our artwork needs different fleet patches on it from here on out.

This is the fleet patch we will have (it goes on the wearer's left shoulder):
fetch.php

It's pretty tight.

I'll be mentioning it in RP some time and we'll say this change takes place between mission 16 and 17.

I want to make a Kaiyō standard issue/care package type thing. Basically you join the ship and you get a nice bunch of things that make sense to have but aren't army-issue. The only thing I have on the list for now is a yukata and, thanks to SirSkuwu for this idea, an extra NSP magazine! What do you guys think would be a good addition to this? Thanks for your input and thanks for being on the ship! :3

RPG-D RPGfix
Back