• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

OOC YSS Kaiyō II Discussion

If you are a part of Eden's team and were asked to shoot the bois, go ahead and do so and you can write them dying (hand twitches and using the word "slumped" are totally acceptable but not required) as well as if you're Skuwu and Wyatt has to shoot the shooter, go ahead and do that, too. : D

And ship-side, shooting down some fighters yourselves works by me. Hand twitching and using the word "slumped" may be harder for you, though.

And to Aiko's team/ raz- go ahead and write moving with the Leinve to the engineering area.

I made a small edit to my post to account for some player actions I missed- namely the horned colorful alien that merked the Kuvexian was not the one the leader was holding but just one that was around.

Also, please post soon as there are still players waiting to join or re-join. I know I only just posted a day n half ago, but I'll be posting early this coming week again so get in what you need to get in.

Alright, GM post up.

Special shout out to:

@Noodlewerfer - please post for Chlorate and also Kikios has been summoned. See more in Skuwuw's tag below.
@raz - you have a small team coming to your location, so you will need to start posting quicker.
@SirSkully - you have also been summoned to go to the shed area. Both you and Noodlewerfer will be able to see what that area is in the beginning of this GM post as well as the beginning of my last one- labeled Near Rotarge Establishment and Engineering Tunnel in the respective posts.
@SpaceEye - you are 2 l e a d
Everyone else - you're doing great ty ily

For a few weeks, I have been trying to think of some ways for the missions going forward to be more flow-y towards the tail ends. I want the end of a mission to not be the time where I constantly nag for posts and annoy myself. Consistently, I have a hard time getting people to post once the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel is seen by you the players.

Are there any ideas from you guys the players on what can be done to make the end of a mission just as timely post-wise as the briefing and mid-game of the mission? Thank you for any ideas. Here or discord is fine.

So far I have only two ideas created by my two brain cells, but one is self deprecating and one is not a direction I want to take the plot, but they are the only two I can seem to think of, so I need your help.

Hey Ame Sensei so i've been reading the plot a few times over and trying to go over some of the ooc and well my memory from the discord just some things that have popped up for the plot though I might be off on the mark. All the same hope these ideas might help.

1. More formal squad structure or fire team structure. Some things I like to do when I gm for larger groups in military games and formalize the squad structure abit, not only does it help just add a layer to the immersion but on forum posts might help to figure out where everyone is. I know it popped up people weren't sure where exactly placement was but having small fire teams (4 people to 5 people) will help since if you have a wave of posts you can sometimes lose a sense of direction. This is nice when your in a combat situation and you can see at a glance who is your team and sometimes just scanning those posts help remove sometimes a daunting task since you know what your squad is doing. Also help bonding the crew :)

2. During mission briefing maybe a suggested equipment or load outs. I know we had some trouble on the current mission with the demolition portion so might be good in the briefing just to suggest some equipment if a mission calls for it. As a example bringing some c4 on this mission I know it was just a slip but may help out since I know this caused some delays on our current post doing some figuring out.

Not sure other then those suggestions that might help, also have to say those maps you posted in the OCC helped a lot to figure out positioning and the likes so those can help as well :)

Thanks, dude. I don't expect to start utilizing smaller squads since I've been there done that and it doesn't work for me. As far as determining loadouts, I'll see what makes sense in the future for pushing for people to have certain stuff. In the past we had a certain PC that was a demo enthusiast and so she was the go-to for c4 needs. I will put that role up as someone we are looking for soon or if someone wants their infantry-trained PC to shift into that role, lemme know.

Thanks to Glein for the discord advice to not tell players when we're near the end, I think that will help a lot.

With my new post, I have to ask:

@BRindustries: can you work as S&S on the bridge to work with Eden n Alastair for an extraction?

@Noodlewerfer: Engineering of the station is being shown to Kikios, so if you want, you can write stuff like "After the Leinve led her to the power conduits, she..." etc. If you need to write them saying words, they use that electronic device to speak in Trade but understand Trade just fine.

@SpaceEye: Alastair is leading the aliens of location 5 to location 1. I imagine some stragglers from location 3/2 might catch up with him lol.

@raz: can you go back to location 1 to do some PR since most of the aliens are there now/all of them can be there by the time of your posting?

@Glein: I believe you're the most likely to push the trigger but @Wolf626 could too since they're Klaus' equipment? Simply up to what Elenor would do. I give either of you the right to write the boom. Just remember the inside of the station is meant to look like a park, with an artificial sky type dome which is pretty high up. I couldn't give a good figure for that but if you need one I could try. Basically don't break the whole station, please >.<

:D

I said I would post today but got really sick last night and am still recovering so like,
nKR9K2p.jpg.png with me

There's not much room for PC posts besides Kikios doing engineering stuff and Alastair giving evacuation orders, at this point. @Noodlewerfer and @SpaceEye, thus, need to post :]

I plan on posting new mission tomorrow, that means I am contacting those that wanted to join the next mission tonight. For now, check out this beautiful Kaiyo model by @YuriTMC because it's just *holds myself back from doing chef kissing noises*
fetch.php
fetch.php

*can't stop myself and does a chef kiss*

If I made a mistake or something seems off- just ask me as I could have made a mistake or could have some plan.

Eden is on deck 3 so I didn't write her doing anything. There was a lot more I could include, but that's the jist of it.

Let me know any questions, though, please, in DMs. I am about to make steaks so won't be super active right away.

GM post!!:

To any of those on deck 2 and willing to look in storage, make your best decisions of what would be in storage and useful in this list:

I don't expect a horde of SLAM of flamethrowers, but I kept being drawn to hand grenades and scalar mines but I think they didn't think they had the wow factor of a fire extinguisher. Maybe pass things by me, but have fun with it also, so idk if you should pass things by me haha :p

RPG-D RPGfix
Back