• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC YSS Kaiyō II Discussion

I was just reading posts and then checked out all of the deck 4 posts and I won't be posting for that deck in my GM post since nothing is really prompting me on that deck.

So, while the other decks may need to wait for my GM post, Deck 4 peeps can go ahead and post again since there is nothing there that requires a GM post from me.

As per Miko/SpaceEye's post- we're going to need some volunteers on deck 4 to be heroes.

My post is incoming in next day or so, sorry for the wait :sweating emoji:

Make it happen IC. I think you mentioned he already basically did before Miko’s post, but a reaffirmation of that could help.

Gotcha! How was your cruise? I've never been on one but the idea of being in a pool on a boat is really exciting. 💦👀

It was chilly which was wack because I brought a bunch of Hawaiian shirts but it was lowkey awesome bc it was august and the temperature stayed in the 60s

The boat itself was pretty lit. Except for the dress code at dinner it's a great place to grab some headphones, a drink, and a book and watch the ocean go by

d8477b43831bf117a0e3c975604fdb43.jpg
I kind of forced this, so if there are any glaring errors or obvious things I missed, please DM me.

For me right now, posting has become like a Chinese finger knot where the more I pressure myself to post the less likely it becomes. So, this is me being super transparent that I am trying, but also want to stop trying and hope I just do it.

My plan was to post this weekend and get back on a weekend posting schedule where it happens around fri, sat, or sun.

SO! Where do you come in on all of this? Don't let me chat with you without reminding me to post, please! The constant bombardment of "do it!" from external sources usually works! I am also really sorry for the wait, I hate it just as much as you do, if not more!

I uh...

Got goosebumps while writing that intro to deck 2 stuff so I guess the wait was worth it.

I will try not to make anyone wait again by planning that posts go out around the weekend time. It's much better for me to have that relaxed but there schedule and I will plan and work to stick to it!

Also - Deck 4 is like, all talk so they still don't get much from me.

Deck 5 was fun. Thanks @demibear :D for the cool posts to work with and the push to post, it really meant a lot to me and I 100% thank you for it!

I forgot to tell anyone/ everyone but we will likely not be back in Yamatai for Year End (queue revised version of Bing Crosby's "I'll be Home for Christmas" that adds in the word 'won't' super fast) as there are a lot of opportunities to explore out in the middle of nowhere/enemy territory and getting home and back is more than eight months of travel.

Another important point is that sooner or later, once we're in enemy territory proper, we will only be accepting hemosynth chamber imported characters onto the ship. The process of that is convoluted, including your character getting an ST, shuffling into a hemo tank, being made in one of the Kaiyō med bay's hemo tanks, and the original body being recycled, with an existential crisis or two added in for fun. This is a purely IC need of it not making any sense at all to have people coming in when we're having a hard time of doing so ourselves. More on that at 18.

We need posts to get forward, though, so please don't hesitate to hit your keyboard a few times as I just did to make your posts. I will try to keep up, as well.

EDIT: My second paragraph is in reference to characters joining the ship, not already joined characters. Any species that can be saved with an ST backup and hemosynth tube can be created in this way.

Last edited:
I have a complete justification to have my Nepleslian on the ship, the problem is being able ot get him on the ship before it passes the point of "can't get on it."

Hello all, with the blessing of @Ametheliana, I am going to be acting as a clerk as a secondary PC. Could everyone do me a favor and PM me a link to your character's order thread and the last time they have been promoted? I am going to be making a database of sorts to make things easy on myself.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back