• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

OOC YSS Kaiyō II Discussion

Because we have been cooped up, two things: ICly, Eden just said go have fun on the independent station and I am making an exception to future JPS OOCly.

Go ahead and do any post mission 20 JPs on the station. Some people are going to die and be maimed this mission or they're not, though... Who knows? So keep it vague if you mention this mission in your future JPs.

https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/posts/408084/

You may have seen one or two less GM post than you expected to over the past two weekends. Usually I post on them but I've been p excited to go camping. I have a little camp stove and I get to make meals cause it's so fun. I may have actually fallen in love with cast iron skillets there, too. The salmon was so toasty and easy pull off the pan after a few minutes... I couldn't find the packed butter, too, so the fish went on dry to the hot pan and boys... it was so good. I could have cried but I was too busy eating the whole meal. Here's a pic of the setup but it's so bad, I know:
image0.jpg
GM post incoming, now that I am home. A little tired from weather. For those that don't live in a desert, even a coastal one: in winter it can get dry hot in the day and wet cold at night for us. You sorta need to be prepared for both environments unless you are indoors for either/both. I d k if I was lol. The heat got me at one point but I did get bettah! >.<

Again, though!!! GM post incoming, now that I am home... I REALLY hope.

Alright, from me that is a timeskip to later that day when the mission starts. Have fun with it and ask me questions if you want ^^

This mission is like, totally feet on the ground so it may take longer. Let’s keep that in mind for the distant future, but play by post can get slow between mid to end mission if it’s a long one so let’s just be patient together ;]

I also have way too many miscellaneous reminders, sorry:

If someone says they have private comms, the only people that can really override those are my GM NPCS (commanding officers and the ship, basically) and Alastair, as a CO, too. Example is if a player character’s posts says they spoke to a team member on private comms and said, “Eden sucks!” Eden might go “ò.O eh” but other player characters shouldn’t generally be able to tune into that.

Narration of your character’s internal thoughts like feelings and monologues are great but having them think negatively about other player characters within them is where the line should be drawn. They can be rude in their minds but it can be a bit annoying if it happens in actual posts, so please limit that. it doesn’t happen often so nbd

These "((OOC Notes: ))" are things I try to keep sparse and only when some really pertinent info needs to be shared. If it’s pertinent flashbacks, player character notes, wisdom, or GM notes, it’s all good- just keep it as a specialty rather than the rule for every post.

You don’t need to make every post five paragraphs or more. It’s more likely your other players will not read the longest posts, so keeping it shorter than my GM posts is a good idea. I wish i could shorten my own GM posts… :/

Link youtube videos, don’t embed them. No need to change font color for different characters, but you can put into a header their names for us to follow the jump to one or the other.

Generally be nice and have fun as you have all been doing!

Hey, what's up everyone? Is everyone planning a super cool entrance? Some people have talked to me about what the have going on IRL and I won't pick on them but otherwise if you haven't posted by Saturday, I'll write your character's entrances myself. That includes what they are wearing. You have been warned...!

Wait, do you guys want a little more of an entrance described? Based on the amount of likes versus actual "I will posts" I think that is the case. I might plan on posting something to intro everyone better sooner than Saturday if it is needed.

I will need at least something to work with so someone that needs to post like Sakura from @SchererSoban I might ask you to definitely make that happen asap.

On my end, in addition to having a busy week, I was also waiting for other players to post so that I could establish a stronger a frame of reference to support my own post. I guess everyone else was doing the same thing? I know Kiana was going in her Leinve disguise but...I guess I kind wanted to see more of what the context looked like.

No need to rush. Knowing if people want to post or if they don't know what to post is where I am at now.

I think I will describe the scenes better, not your character's skimpy outfits... darn

FYI if your character wasn't positioned by me, then you can make your best guess of where they should be.

Eventually we will need player posts.

Ehh seeing that I was out of the running for a few weeks. You guys post a lot lol, any idea where I can get into my entree? Simple summary lol

I am going to go ahead and post what I have, but it is not a full post with every location accounted for. I have written about half of one post but don't have it in me for the rest.

I need posts from my bridge players @Blizzard @BRindustries and anyone else that feels like jumping in besides @Miko, who I am going to gently ask to wait for me.

Because I can smell people are not going to post, I want to remind those in team computers and team stocks as well as bridge crew that posts would be cool if they could come, sooner than later.

I am going to put this plot on a two week hold. Now you can say the virus shut down a plot you're in, but please don't lol

I see people not posting as much and there are a lot of reasons, but right now I don't want to post, too. I also only just reminded everyone to post but it left a bad taste because I don't think this it the time to force something from my friends on this plot. I'm going to go ahead and refrain from GM posting until April 1st and I don't expect anything from anyone else on this plot. I'll plan on updating the teams and locations I haven't hit up yet then. Have fun until then. Blizzard's IC server is always open for you guys to rp in and premission 20 JPs are all good, too.

Because people have asked, I didn't get sick. I can recognize when is a good time to wait for everyone to get on the same page again, is all

I messed up dates and will be coming back the 8th, not April 1st which is again funny in its own way

All it takes is a badly cropped and very pixelated meme or a well timed holiday to get me to post.

tldr people disappeared

RPG-D RPGfix
Back