• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

OOC YSS Kaiyō II Discussion

NEW THREAD

Hoshi had a dance of relief in her room when the war was over. Pictured below, decolorized:
img343.jpg
How did your characters privately celebrate the war's close, if applicable? Include it in your post :]

Just an official announcement I'll be having @SageShooter's contributions to the recent mission retconned as he'll be leaving the plot and this mission will lean on the next one heavily.

Hey crew, players, and friends. That GM post was my last! Sorry to wrap up a mission in such a jarring way but it's not the first time I've done a bad outro! There's been a bit of drama -I thought it had left the site for good but!- and I think it's a good time for me to leave SARP. Wes always says that he'll keep the lights on for people leaving the site. I like to think all of you will help him with that as exceptional players, writers, and people.

I'll be keeping the Kaiyo II ship as a place to solo post or JP from. You might see other people posting with my characters from JPs we've done or me posting with the Kaiyo prefix. I don't expect to do it a lot or else I'd offer players the opportunity to stay. Maybe you can say your characters got mysteriously re-assigned. If you'd like to retire them from play but not ICly, I can mention them still around and helping.

We started in 2016 and got here! Half a decade is a pretty good run! I hope that you guys as players find homes for your characters... they're such great characters. Each and every one of them will be sorely missed by me. The friendships we've created will also be missed. I truly love you guys and thank you for letting me be your GM all these years. Words can't express it but I've been very vocal about my thanks to you guys, so I'll let the past speak for me in my thanks to you.

I hope it's clear on my user, character and plot pages that my stuff isn't to be adopted including NPCs, the plotship, the ship, etc.

(I changed up our old forum header to be a cute "they did it!" one. See it below)
-
In YE 38, the YSS Kaiyō set out to disturb the Kuvexians in their space and instigate the unscaffolding of the enemy from the front lines, onwards. Now, in YE 43, the YSS Kaiyō II and her crew are home after years in the home galaxy of the Kuvexian threat. They fully recognized their duty to eradicate the enemies of the Yamatai Star Empire, seen when they persisted and won, even when their adversaries grew stronger and the complications they were met with became tougher to outmaneuver.

Sensei, Ame you've been a good friend to me since I've joined and honestly hope that can keep going. You and the Kaiyo have been a bright spot for me on the site and the plot got me back to doing role-playing after a hiatus from online site rp. To say the plot being here has been a major reason why I'm here still on sarp can't be understated.

Theres been time in the last few years that I wanted a break from sarp completely. The storms seemed heavy but the Kaiyo has been that port of call. Its been fun writing on here, been fun writing with the crew and our Captain.

I hope we can rp again in the future, and I hope we can keep chatting and nerding about Startrek.

So my friend thank you for giving us this awesomeness that is the Kaiyo. Thanks for the stories and for the fun we all got to have. Till next time.

When I first joined, Ame was the first person to take me under her wing. Forward to now, she has kicked me out of the nest. It has been a pleasure spending time together making stories. While I know I can sometime (a lot even) be a pain in the ass, I truly do it out of respect for you. I always felt comfortable around you and felt I could be myself. I wish you all the best on where your next adventure takes you.

I think the benefit of being able to have closure for all of us is not something I will pass up.
YES we will be riding yaks

You're all winners in my eyes, but you're also winners in the eyes of a panel of judges, Kaiyo players of old.

This was for our massive JP! Thank you guys so much for putting in the effort to show up to it repeatedly and for writing your hearts out <3

A snippet from judges:
image0.jpg
"Best by far of those I reviewed." ARE YOU KIDDING ME I'm frolicking IRL omg

I need to repurpose this notebook, so why not post up the plans for the mission that never was? Here are the plans to the arcs I was going to do before I felt less than comfortable doing so ^^

image0.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpg

I like that one of my puzzle pieces was "epic space battle" lol. I really did enjoy writing for this plot but sheesh. Now that I know this long-reaching arc won't get its close this is the most meaningful thing these notes are good for.

@Gunhand4171 for elven potion mention cw

uh.png
I'm really glad I get to start completing something I planned to look like a full circle. Thanks for supporting me in that, all.

Spearheaded by the warship YSS Kaiyō II, Task Force 282 was formed in YE 44 following a need for autonomous clandestine operations to investigate threats to Yamatai. Working during a time of post-war chaos and conflict, Task Force 282 can function outside of the normal theater of operations and sometimes outside of this universe!

This Task Force includes a lot of my favorite SAoY starships and types of troops, so there's a lot to do within it. I like writing special ops and secret sneaky people stuff so I have built a force that can employ those tactics as well as planetary assault or expeditions to find new adventures! During planning stages I want you the player to feel like you can look at these forces and be open to controlling some of them, even through Task Force NPCs on top of your player character.

Kaiyō: Task Force 282 is a JP plot. I want to employ a very different style of RPing than Kaiyō was before, though this is its spiritual successor. The style of RP I want to do is pre-planned where I GM small groups through one mission at a time. This means I will have a rotating player base and as a player you are signing up for one story arc with your character in this task force, usually one mission.

My main focus is to chase the thrill of creating a story that blows me away when I think back on it! If that sounds like something you would like, please reach out! Let's see if we can create some interesting character arcs, change the setting for the better, worse or not at all- let’s just have some fun.
Forum message me or reply here and we can start planning or we can table ideas for the future that you would like to do. DM me with anything ^^

As new mission profiles show up, I will update this thread and the plot's wiki page: Kaiyō

In the most recent aside (Aside: Tsukide linked here) Aiko shared a place and Hoshi shared some feelings. It can always be assumed when my characters are crying, so am I. It felt really good to get these thoughts out and to have Aiko remind Hoshi of both hope for new places and hope for past crew.

In the post opener for the main mission thread (Kaiyo 44: Mission Modori linked here) those same feelings of Hoshi's were certainly explored. Though it's the first mission back for the Kaiyōōō, it has become something a lot more grand than the simple reconnaissance mission it began as. Nekovalkyrja Creator and Emperor Uesu has been expounding on his thoughts about Nekovalkyrja origins, what they became, and where he wants to end up. It's not nearly over yet, the real Uesureyan threat is only just emerging!!

Maybe one day I'll be ready to start missions with players again, maybe when Hoshi is too. Maybe nobody wants to return like Hoshi fears and the attempt to grow myself and Hoshi up to that is futile. Any support I get there is appreciated. I have been having so much fun back and at the beginning, middle, and end of the day I just like writing Kaiyō characters again. Thank you SARP.

I edited the title of Kenshō from "pt. 1" to "Mission 22"... Years ago, there was no mission 22. At the time of a mission 22 we had two characters imprisoned in Kuvexia and a dream. With Kenshō going back in time to YE 42, it's a dream realized.

Now we just have to be sure Hoshi can save Eden and Kasumi who are being led by an Avatar to aid Aiko and William in the past's gladiator arena (Mission 23: Kamiwaza!)! Given Avatar were booted for not always taking orders from SAoY, making it out of time with their lives is going to be difficult for our heroes! I have faith -but not much confidence- they can do it!!

Mission 26 pt I: Fuyubi has recently wrapped up to allow for the next part. Here is a recap:

In Fuyubi, the planet of Kessica was introduced. An important stronghold that Emperor Uesu once held which has been taken by Mishhuvurthyar hands. As this is the task force's first mission for Uesu and as a joint team with his Uesureyan Neko soldiers, they went all out in ensuring mission success through use of veteran Team Tanuki (Saiga's babes) and wartime heroes of Yamatai and Nepleslia, Aiko and William, leading from the front.

Captain Taiyou Hoshi, having recently received a promotion, found herself needing to make more planned decisions rather than knee jerk reactions when it came to dealing with the Enhanced Mishhuvurthyar of the Southern frontier. Meanwhile, Kesturui Aiko utilized her own tried and true method à la Glimmergold of dealing with an impossible enemy. Having taken the Northern outpost through careful planning and simple surprise, they have moved on to the real test: taking the planet's capital city.

So far, I have written the Enhanced Mishhuvurthyar with the following new traits:
  • near instantaneous regen: wounds heal by flesh-colored and sand-like liquid pouring out of them and in seconds, the wound is healed over
  • can put tentacles into ground: they root them through the ground and pop them out in different places to surprise attack, usually killing with kinetic force of grabbing neko and slamming them into the ground.
  • grab neko with tentacles and bring into their belly area, through a beak there squeeze out life, then discard, dead

If you would like to see how our heroes have dealt with and are struggling to overcome these enhanced Mishhu, read Fuyubi and its thrilling conclusion, Setsubun! They'll have to beat 2:1 odds against the enemy in the towns and outposts between them and the capital where the elite of the enemy lay in wait for them.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back