• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP [YSS Komainu, Prelude] 00; "Red Eyes, Black Iron"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cargo Bay.

Frankly annoyed at first but then somewhat interested in the elf. From what she had seen and known previously about the knife eared bastards (Forgetting for a moment that she too had elfen ears. But that was clearly a coincidence. Maybe some kind of mutated bat in her DNA... She could hear rather well...) was how prim and prissy and formal they where.

And yet here was one with the gall to even joke about turning her in and the good sense to not let an opportunity like their go to waste. She didnt give her name and didnt ask for Carthage's. Simple Hey you's worked when something interesting was encountered between them. She didn't conversate or act overly friendly, It was just another job...

When they came across the contraband unit, Jinako's mask of the professional looter slipped. She hesitated at reading the word contraband and her mind began to race on all the sweet little treats the cats deem so illegal for consumption that she almost demanded the cutters then and there.

Practically shaking with long abused addictions she forced herself along. The armor components she appraised and moved along silently, A plan slowly forming in her head regarding the defunct armor several crates down. She might need a snipe to fix it which added complications, And there was only the one which made the old voices in the back of her head wiggle forward in anticipation if the time came to bring about the old ways on the elf to ensure her own survival even if it meant just drifting through who knows where in the middle of space...

With time running short she stopped at 102. the unmarked container. Just one more before she knew she had to learn the true status and shape of the ship, And if she had to flee or put herself in a part of the ship as an alibi to ensure she wasn't connected to the current looting spree.

With a beckoning whistle to Carthage to warn her she was going in another container she took her own cutters scavenged earlier and began to work at the lock...

Outside Engineering

Aphrodi sighed as she listened to the suited up person and the one in a lab coat, she was getting annoyed by all the noise and turned to them both. She let off a low growl "knock it off now before I use you both as a conduit to get this place opened." She walked up to the door and smiled as she goes to her tool belt to pick out a screw driver, she walked to the panel and started to work to unscrew it.

She gave a little smirk as she worked and turned to the others "I have this option and if it doesn't work, we can try to blast the doors off it's hinges, or the final option is one of you going in that vent up there." She pointed and chuckled "Maybe you two want to play rock, paper, scissors to choose who will be sent" she let out a sign "but at the moment my money is on lab coat going up there over suit."

She soon got the panel off and with a satisfied grunt, but then groans as the wiring inside was as fried as the panel on the outside "Damn it, damn it, damn it." She growled again and then kicked at the door "Arrrgh, why does nothing work when we need it to work." She groans again and then looks at the door with a small growl and kicks the door again, then checks the systems hoping for a way to get them open "At least I remembered to bring this out." She pulled her pistol from it's holster and shot a couple of shots at the hydraulics, when this didn't work she swore a lot and looks at the two "Well then, which of you two is going to be our savior through the door."

While the main air system might be offline, Sacre hit the range hood's fan. Hopefully it would turn on and start to help with the smoke. She grabbed a couple of knives that she thought might be handy and all of the cloths she could carry. They would be useful for wrapping wounds. She placed them in a coner far away from the fire, intending to come back for them when she needed them. However, she didn't want them to get buned up in the fire. She cut herself some useful strips and bound them around her arm so she could access them as she headed out into the rest of the ship to look for casualties.

Kage

The mocha-skinned ghost drank in the engineer's words for a few moments before her vice-like grip on his forearm released, giving a curt response of "As you were~" with a small nod as she went through all the available information, delicate chin being cradled between the Neko's thumb and forefinger - there was one obvious scenario that stuck out more than the others, it seemed to her than whoever had taken that AMES suit might also be the reason the ship was moments from tearing itself apart, and that maybe they'd taken it for either insurance if life support failed ahead of their schedule or to slip out amidst the chaos - it made sense to her at least, hell, it's what she'd do...

It was decided then, she should check the airlock, make sure no guilty parties tried to slip out and avoid blame if indeed there was a traitor amongst their ranks.

Kage reached for her belt and withdrew the shiny blue NSP as she made her way towards the elevator, keeping the barrel pointed towards the ground and the weapon itself held behind her right hip as she navigated the hallway - gracefully half-hopping/half-floating over some broken glass only to land silently at the elevator's doors, she had of course expected them to be out given how many other subsystems of the ship were failing, truth be told if it didn't get fixed soon then they'd be on borrowed time.

Raising the pistol up close to her Sarashi-wrapped chest, Kage used her other hand and her body weight to force the doors apart just enough for her slender frame to squeeze through, athletic body squishing ever so slightly as Kage paused half-way through to check that it was clear before continuing - snowy tiger-tail quickly sneaking through before the doors slid shut again and with a small breath she carefully floated up the elevator shaft, checking her sectors to really make sure she was the only thing in there at the moment.

She repeated the process of forcing the door open and clambering through as Kage reached the ship's main deck, spotting the AMES-suited individual and deciding to keep her eyes on them from the edge of the room, NSP still concealed behind the curve of the mocha-skinned ghost's right hip as she watched every movement of the person closely - eyes narrowing slightly as she tried to not draw too much attention to herself, going so far as to throw a volumetric projection of her usual uniform over the current post-shower getup.

Cargo bay
Carthage seemed fairly relaxed at the entire ordeal of a ship being on fire. Halting momentarily to pick up a clipboard and flipping around the paper to get a clean pristine sheet to write on. Jotting down several items she already had and ones she'd still need. One entry as such read; "Container 102 - PA", before she hummed softly. Adding another few lines such as; "ductape" and "carrier harness". Though content with her shopping list. She moved back to the terminal and placed it down again. Exhaling a soft breath, before glancing over at Jinako once more.

"Hey, you," just as Jinako had predicted, "I need to run over to medical for a moment to get oxygen tanks," she spoke with audible disinterest in whatever the Neko was doing. "If you come across any tape in the time I'm gone, I'd love it if you set that aside for me." The elf spoke with a soft huff. Leaving the boltcutters with the clipboard as she began to pull the gear she scavenged on properly. "I'll be back in but a moment." She added, before slowly moving over to the blast doors. "Oh - it's in your best interest to do so. It means I can give you a ride in my Mindy if need be." She added with a casual shrug, before the doors were overidden and sneakers softly tapped down the hallway.

Cargo bay - hallways
As the door slid shut behind her, Carthage exhaled a soft breath and zipped open the medpack on her waist. Two bottles of desinfectant, much to her relief. She still had enough to make a small trade with the Separa'shan that seemed to have holed up in the kitchen. Hoping the woman had secured at least one tank of oxygen. And if not, well, it'd be extremely hot. Screwing the cap off of one of the bottles, she took a deep swig. After all, she was ready to jump into what seemed an inferno with little to no protection. Liquid courage was always welcome.

Hissing as the burn almost wounded her throat, she couldn't surpress the belch and nasty taste that ensued. Taking a moment to wrestle it down fully and exhale a soft breath of relief. Both at the fact that she didn't spew it back out and the warmth that was now spreading throughout her body. Screwing the cap back on, she wiped her chin with the palm of her hand and moved on. The journey to the Separa'shan would be uneventful at best.

Wardroom kitchen - hallways
"Well, fuck me sideways," Carthage murmured as she saw the area all but abandoned. Exhaling a soft breath, she pulled herself over the counter with an unsurprising amount of grace and agility - she was an elf after all. Leaving the medpack on the countertop and taking one of the bottles of desinfectant. "One for lady Fortuna," she murmured, taking another swig. "And last one for getting a good hand," she stated, finishing the bottle of near-pure alcohol, hissing under her breath and spitting on the floor. Scowling as the poisonous liquid crawled down her esaphogus. Slapping her cheeks twice, she lowered the goggles over her eyes and pulled the breathing apparati on her face. While she had no oxygen, she hoped it'd help with the smoke at least. A cautious glance at the reigning inferno that was the infirmary not too far from her, the SAINT operative smirked at the grim thought of burning alive - and how it wasn't the flames that hurt, but the blood boiling in her veins. Well, the alcohol was at least making her both numb and apparently suicidal.

Outside Engineering (Aphrodi & Fumetsu)

"...Y-you enjoy death?" The woman in the AMES suit replied to Shi softly, in a slightly odd and bewildered tone. "...Did you die too often before, or after, you started to feel this way?..."

Their body language had suddenly become much more tight and reserved, almost as if facing off against the pale, gently levitating spirit of a nekovalkyrja. A person who demanded wearing a space suit before anyone else had even thought about such things... Might have suggested overwhelming vulnerability, or it might have suggested a general distaste for the other crew members at the best of times...

Having Aphrodi yell at them, and prematurely end the conversation, well... That just seemed rather too welcomed by the skittish scientist, too?

An awkward silence hung over the trio as the lavender engineer did absolutely everything they could trying to break in. The ship was a pretty old refit, so it made sense that the systems were a bit of an over-complicated mess inside. Not exactly up to the regular Star Army standards.

"My name is Professor Michiru Ise! I'm not a Neko!" The scientist blurted out rather preemptively, now casting their helmet back towards Shi. "And besides, I'm an AI scientist. I was going into engineering to help get the computers back online... I'm not taking this suit off! I'm not going into some stupid vent! If I die, then we are all screwed!"

Arms crossed behind their back now, looking at the two catgirl soldiers in turn.

Somebody had to go sooner or later...

Corridor Between The Medbay And The Kitchen (Sacre & Carthage)

The oven hood fan managed to slowly clear a portion of the smoke, though the caustic smell of burning plastic still clung to the nostrils in such a closed space. The two engineers who were fighting the flames were slowly making progress, though the mousey brown-haired logistics neko that was fetching them fresh fire extinguishers seemed to be coughing violently now. Almost definitely smoke inhalation, judging by the fine black powder which dusted their face.

Though the smouldering wreck of the medical bay, Sacre could just about make out the ceiling entry and wall exit impact craters. A moderate degree of forensic knowledge could tell that the larger, rounder holes were from the actual projectile that struck them, and many of the smaller fragments and spawl dings were simply bits of the ceiling components that had exploded downwards... Three. There were exactly three major impacts, each about the diameter of a basket ball...

The elf officer also had a chance to observe this as they snuck past, though any comments directed towards the snake woman might have been foiled by a certain new distraction....

"Miss! Miss! Can you help me please!?" A new voice piped up over the pseudo-reptile medic's shoulder. It was a red skinned neko. Very short and with white hair. They looked very distressed, and had blood on their yellow uniform. The corridors might have been empty a second ago, but the crew very suddenly seemed to be getting a hold of themselves. "Tomi got hit real hard when we stopped so fast! She's.... I was looking for a medic everywhere! She's.... b-bleeding from the... S-she looks bad! Please help her!"

Looked like the engineers were getting close to the far wall, so they'd probably be able to start with the computer room soon. Carthage didn't exactly have a front row seat since this was happened around the corner, but being out of direct exposure to even a dwindling blaze was for the best. And, hey, the kitchen was probably fully stocked, and the ship was in the right neck of the woods... Maybe they had some of that Hanako wine?...

Cargo Bay (Jinako)

Something was a little odd about cargo container 102. Semi-circle drag marks along the floor suggested it had been opened recently, whilst already inside the ship. The lock wasn't too hard to snap open, though, so Jinako didn't have too much time to think about it.

What was inside was altogether more unexpected, however. The walls were lined in a very thick black paint. Who paints the interior of a cargo container? Most of the interior was completely empty regardless, other than what looked like a small black tower computer sitting at the far end. It was a cheap model with physical connection cables, that half-way hung into a large coffin-sized oblong metal casket alongside it. The box was lined with a mixture of packing peanuts, thick plastic wrap and sofa cushions inside, but was otherwise empty...

No, wait, there was used food wrappers inside. Mostly power shakes, juice boxes and fruit snacks.

There was also a combi heater-lamp unit alongside the box. But that really was it.

Definitely no duct tape.

Corridor Outside Personnel Cabins -> Main Hallway, Outside Engineering (Kage)

The Nepleslian engineer seemed very relieved to be free of their spectre-like presence, and rushed off to find those fire extinguishers he was talking about.

Other than the odd piece of debris or crew member desperately moving supplied away from the burning section of the ship, their travel vector up to the top of the ship was pretty uneventful. Even the elevator doors were pretty easy to open, as it seemed somebody had already made the same trip beforehand.

The bridge bulkhead, on the other hand, was the first thing they seen, and it was hauntingly sealed just as the panicking engineer had said.

From their vantage point, they could observe the three figures currently standing outside the main engineering doors, though it was the person in the engineering uniform that seemed to be doing everything possible to break the door down. The woman in the AMES suit was just standing there, saying some pretty self-important bullshit about being the least expendable, whilst a rather sinister and shady-eyed medic floated mere feet away.

They could hear about half of what was said, though their advanced hearing was also picking up a lot of background noise from malfunctioning electronics and panicking crew members downstairs. The sickly lighting system was just about broken enough to ensure they stayed hidden from direct view, at least...

Last edited:
“Mmmm but how wrong you are, you may not be the same as me but death still means little to a Minkan. Not to mention, even without you it matters not, we all have many versions of ourselves waiting for us.” The medic chuckled almost evily while stepping up to the vent.

“Mmm, no one enjoys death, but some are fascinated by it, enthralled by its perfection. You should come find me after this is over, I’m sure you’ll learn something new.” The ghostly neko then made their way into the vent, what was it she was doing again? Oh well she’d figure it out soon enough.

Last edited:
Sacre nodded, moving to follow the red shirt. "Show me. I'll see what we can do. If we can move her, then we'll get her to the mess hall." She decided, wanting to engage with other members of the crew fleetingly, but her finely honed triage skills told her to follow the red Neko.

Main Hallway, Outside Engineering

Kage squinted a little as she observed the three women interacting from her inconspicuous little shadowy corner, catching enough of what they were saying to fill in the blanks though the ship's sneaky little mocha-flavoured pseudo-ronin wasn't satisfied so easily - swapping her volumetric uniform out for optical camouflage, the blue fabrics and her skin melting into the environment before Kage slowly and silently began moving closer, being careful to avoid bumping into other crew-members or disrupting any wafts of smoke that floated past as she crouched down slightly.

The AMES' rebreather was mostly located in the backpack of the suit, obviously it had components linking to the helmet but the majority of the recycling system was in the backpack, and speaking through the suit's external speakers was hardly a draw on the suit's power so Kage's thoughts as she carefully approached the back of the suited woman's helmet with one hand outstretched was that if there were any outgoing communications then she'd feel a greater power draw - that was her theory at least, and with the Megami down communications weren't exactly being monitored, so it was down to her to check while the others ran around like their heads were on backwards.

She just had to get her hand within a few inches of that helmet...

Outside Engineering

Aphrodi seemed to have a relaxed smile now that one of the two people she had acquired had left her, with this she laughs and called up at the vent "So Lab coat, you should be able to get passed the door up there, drop down on the other side, there should be a release switch on that side of the door." She sighed and stretched a little "with that the door should open for us, but I am going to try and work on the panel on this side, it should open when we both get our sides working Lab coat." She went back to the panel and messed with the wiring as she mumbled to herself, as she wanted to get this door open soon.

Some voices reached Carthage's ears. With a soft twitch, she exhaled a soft breath. Leaving the medpack on the countertop before taking another deep breath in, recquisitioning one of the spare extinguishers in the kitchen. Knowing full well it was a hopeless gesture to begin actually extuinguishing it. Instead, the elf gave herself a good blasting, before hastily rubbing it across her own body. "Medpack on countertop!" She finally vocalized - hopefully loud enough for Sacre and anyone else with medical expertise to hear. "Running into the medbay for oxygen! And get me some bloody ductape!" The elf added after. Well, her time was up. No excuses to delay this any further. Without a second thought, the elf committed to her crazy, almost lunatic plan. With powerful strides, she dove into the inferno that was the medbay. Though not before taking a deep breath in well-trained lungs. To counter-act the poisenous smoke. Goggles being a god-sent against the aforementioned smoke as she glanced around and stayed low, looking for tanks of oxygen.

Cargo Bay

How had this happened?! How in the name of the gods or Chiharu or whatever was out there that watched over them had she gone from delivering pizzas to cowering behind some crates in the cargo bay hoping that she wasn't about to be killed. She had left the military to make sure she wouldn't be killed or attacked or shot at or whatever, and yet here she was, in a stupid pair of shorts and a stained t-shirt, cowering and holding her head as she waited out whatever was happening. Two hours ago she had been scrambling to fill an emergency catering order of close to fifty pizzas. And of course, she had to come in to help because no one else could (Or would), and then, of course, she had to deliver the pizzas because none of the drivers wanted to deal with such a big order they were sure wasn't going to tip... So she had been stuck with that. Then when she got there no one would help her because it wasn't their job...

No, Ria had gotten the shaft with this job and it just kept getting worse as she ducked when everything started going south. She had never been a fighter in the military, she had been a sensors operator on a starbase out in the middle of nowhere, where the most exciting thing she ever saw was a few smugglers get chased down... Outside of basic she hadn't ever even shot a weapon.

But there she was, curled up behind some crates, shaking as she held her hands over her head in hopes that she was simply ignored...

Cargo Bay

Anxiety washed over the former syndi-cat as she carefully inspected the contents of 102. Slowly and almost methodically she took one step back and then another until she was fully out of the container and examining her surroundings with a heightened sense of urgency. Her heart rate spiking over something her instincts picked up before her mind could follow.

Lingering on the possibility of some SAINT agent sneaking around the ship without her knowing was one possibility, But opened up several more from the IPG sneaking around cat-space or even a syndicate tracker getting too close all seemed too close for comfort for the runaway former murderer.

It was time to move again, Ship be dammed or not she would have to take her chances.

Her mind racing she practically bolted to an alignment of containers and breaking locks as she first wrested the full suit of mindy armor to appraise it. It didnt have to work, Not fully. It just had to fly and not suffocate her, Anything else if she could figure it out with the weird information about cat-tech she could somehow call on could be replaced from the components.

Slowly replacing what she could and assuming it would work considering half the garbage around her was made to be used by child compitent cats, Jinako glanced once towards the contraband container. Not only drugs and porn and smokes where contraband in this place... Personal weapons to some degree where too, And there was no guess as to if the mindy would have any of its functions armed if there was a chance of her needing to steal a shuttle.

She should steal a shuttle too...

Armor first though. First the armor, Then the possibility of weapons.

Then a thorough check of her surroundings to make sure there wasnt some spook hiding nearby who could place her...

Then a shuttle... This ship had shuttles, right? Was it even still in its death throws? it was hard to tell down here. For all she knew the ship was righted and she might be about to be caught red handed.

And then she looked at container 102 again and doubled down. It was time to go unless she found a dam good and unlikely reason not to.

Kill the elf on the way if she found her though. Saw too much.

Outside Engineering (Aphrodi & Kage)

It took a lot of jury-rigging to bodge Aphrodi's PDA into the automatic system lines that were meant for the AI, meaning they should have been able to open it even without Shi's help... But somebody had already tripped it into emergency/manual mode, likely from the other side. It was a mode meant for virus attacks on the megami system, and generally meant that one person on both sides had to mutually pull the lever at the same time to open it...

Michiru seemed perfectly content to just stand there and watch this, saying nothing... Or, at least, that was how they were acting on the outside. Their undivided attention was strong enough that they didn't notice the silver haired phantom sneaking up behind them.

No outgoing communications that they could detect. But something was off...

To their touch, it was like a pulse. Not a human pulse. Maybe a very minor EM field?...

Their AMES suit was on, though. They could audibly hear it cycling.

...This 'Michiru Ise' did say that they weren't a Neko, didn't they?...

Inside Engineering (Fumetsu)

What met doctor death on the other side was not quiet and patient, but rather noisily brooding. The metal grating had barely moved an inch before they heard heavy, booming footsteps and the click of a rifle being loaded. Darkness wasn't the problem; Two spotlights were shining right on the doorway, which actually made it way too bright.

"Aight. Get y'all hiney down from there, 'ear?" The voice was calm, but effortlessly low and powerful. The way the voice slurred suggested a very large pair of fangs, and they could see a huge pair of glossy black boots. "Ships' going tits up, so you best have a good reason fur' breakin' in 'ere..."

Trolley wheels?... Ah. Two work benches with Mindy PA Aether/Scalar submachineguns, set up to fire directly into the currently closed doorway...

Starboard Crew Cabin Corridor (Sacre)

The red-skinned Neko passed the smoking medbay quickly, using their sleeve to avoid breathing in any more of the overpowering burnt plastic and chemical smell. There was a bit more of a bustle of other crew members moving back and forth now, with more people shipping firefighting gear directly to the two valiant souls who had sprung into action. The main lighting also pinged back to life, suggesting somebody was also doing something about that... Though stains of soot gave the entire crowd a bit of a 'wavy' underwater look that was kind of disconcerting to look at...

There was a darker skinned minkan sitting slumped in the first laundry room they came across, inadvertently staining a basket of neatly folded linen into a dark, macabre red color. Blood was streaming down from a deep line on their forehead, and they seemed to be just stumbling around, blank-faced and unable to grasp their current situation in the slightest.

Medbay (Carthage)

It was all a grey, nostril-stinging mess. The fire in the room itself had apparently been dealt with, both of the fire fighters leaning through the broken wall panels in order to spray the flaming room beyond; But the medbay was still barely what one could call inhabitable, lit only by orange flashes and the glare of the corridor lights just barely making it's way in. Every surface was painful to the touch and she could feel her boots becoming tacky upon prolonged contact with the floor.

Fortunately, it was apparently laid out exactly as an the Origin standard issue medical bay model, and thus a seasoned SAINT member could find their way to the back medicine cabinets without even being able to see. Before they knew it, Carthage had a hefty metal cylinder the right color to be oxygen under one arm, though the label had blistered beyond legibility...

Then- SHKREEE-PUUPPPP!~

Something... just... burst?

The air was clear. It was fresh.

A pair of dull thuds, the sound of transparent durandium visors cracking on the deck floor, followed by the ominous rumbling of them rolling away.

Now it smelled like blood.

Cargo Bay (Ria)

The short black-haired Neko could hear a sudden loud shriek of metal-on-metal, as somebody with blue skin pried one of the large containers open. It was just around the corner near one of the spotlights, thankfully granting the pizza girl the cover of darkness... But with nobody else down here, it would only take one footstep to give the whole game away.

It was only safe to move during the lesser scraping noises of what was presumably cargo objects being moved around, just out of sight...

Cargo Bay (Jinako)

Moving things around covertly inside the container was basically impossible, since the metal box was basically the perfect echo chamber. It was also totally unlit, though Tabako's nekova- cat mutant eyes adjusted to it quite rapidly. They hadn't noticed it the first time, but there was actually a giant red stamped steel sign on the wall behind the slumped defective Mindy, with the first new regulation of the Star Army written on it in bright reflective white letters.

No armour plates missing on the main exoskeleton, all of that looked fine... No power unit and half of the CFS inertia drive cells were missing, but rooting around provided them with at least enough decent-looking bits to get the thing physically booting up... Not many guns in an assembled condition, but at least three countermeasure pods, a compatible forearm pulse cannon, and a Daisy plasma blade.... Maybe there was something bigger, if less conventionally a 'power armor' weapon, in one of the other containers?...

Main problem was that the control board was totally missing from the back of the PA, as was the Star Army standard order for sensitive military technological systems in transit. As strewn with junk, dangerous and badly lit as the small compartment was, apparently that was the one order the rear-line chief engineer took seriously. There was nothing of this sort anywhere in this container, not even a broken or defective model.

The closest they could find was a little durandium cradle that looked like it was designed to plug a Mindy 4 AIES into an upgraded Daisy... Maybe they could turn it upside down and plug something else in?...

Only other alternative was finding the captain or chief engineer, and asking really really nicely.

Cargo Bay

"Yeah... No time for that."
Jinako rasped quietly to the strange voice making odd assumptions, accusations and even questions that oddly filled most of her actions in life as she dawned the armor, Working or not. Even a drugged up junkie could assemble a VOID right out the box in half an afternoon and it usually ran. Why not something made to work so easy a child could operate it?

Her mish-mash assembled she took one more look at the writing on the walls, Some weird rule or warning or...

"Wish i could fucking read... Moon runes... Cant just use pictures instead?" She ground out annoyed at the weird cat letter... symbols...

With that she took one last appraising look at her surroundings, Still feeling less than alone she didnt have the time needed to hunt, Couldnt lose herself in the zeal of it. It was time to jump ship one way or the other.

She started off back the way she came, A shuttle maybe might work for her. Or maybe just an airlock. First things second however she needed an engineer of some kind to make the techno-bobbles work. No better place to find them then where the snipes usually hung out.

The engineers where usually in engineering! Very sound logic.

Clanking in her new... Old armor, The former syndi-cat went for the nearest bulkhead.

Engineering

"Mmmm I suppose I should then." The ghostly medic sighed before slipping through the grate and landing down on the other side of the door. Looking around she could easily see that whoever this was they'd holed themselves up in here assuming the ship was being attacked. Not to mention gotten defensive measures in place as well. "Mmmm this is quite the setup you have, but as you can no doubt tell now, I am not an enemy of this ship. And we were only trying to get in to figure out what was happening hmm?" Shi said slowly, lightly stretching her limbs with apparently no regard for the dangerous looking guns or the rough commands barked at her.

The smoke was debillitating - painful even. It stung in her lungs and burned throughout her entire body. She was choking and rapidly losing control over her own body. Though where there was pain - there was life. And pain was naught but a motivation for Carthage. Relishing the burning sensation, she knew to move fast. As she picked up the tank, she could hear her own hands sizzle - though fighting back the urge to cry out. It'd waste too much of the precious oxygen she had, after all. Though as she heard something pop - when the air smelled of far less foul smoke, the elf immediately considered the canister had popped in her hands. But it didn't seem to get any lighter - it was then that she heard the audible chime of durandium cracking and something rolling.

She knew enough. The scent of blood hitting her nostrils not a moment later, only affirming her suspicions. It was about high time to leave. And with the canister in tow, she burst back out of the smoke - back into the previous room as she gasped for air and thumped the tank on the floor - letting out a vile and deep-rooted coughing. Slumping to her knees as she recovered. The back of her hand moved to brush the goggles upwards and wipe the tears from her coughing fit away. Several deep breaths as she inhaled shaply, hoping she'd find a hose or nozzle somewhere. And ductape - ductape'd be a miracle right about now.

Cargo bay

"Nononononononononono....." Ria sobbed softly to herself as rather than moving, she hunkered down a little more. She felt her pants grow warm ever so slightly as she waited out the loud screeching, terrified that it was some demonic metal beast come to tear her apart, but as she felt nothing lift and pull her apart, well she began to creep forward just a little to look around the side. Someone was in the container banging around, and she felt this might be her chance. She stood up slightly and started to try making her way past the container, but unfortunately for the girl in her state of fear, she was terrified and her feet tripped themselves up.

Whoever was in the container would hear a faint slap and a sob of pain as Ria sat up from where she was and just began to bawl, blood running from her lip and nose as she just broke down a little in the overly stressful situation.

Sacre pressed a bandage to the man's wound, "Here, let's get you out of the way." She hissed soothingly, as she turned him back towards the mess hall. Fortunantely, the fire it's self was out, a single sideways glance told her they wouldn't be using it for medicine anytime soon. She had what amounted to almost a portable medical bay, but that was with her armor in the cargobay. She passed the injured man off to Carthage in the hallway. "Get him into the mess hall, he's got a bleeder and is dazed, but should be fine. The medbay looks like it's completely gone. I have what we'll need in the Cargobay, but I'll need to retrieve it." Sacre explained rapidly, before turning again and heading towards the Cargobay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back