• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Rave [YSS Rave] Disturbing News

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Rett was sitting in the galley just getting a couple cold drinks, there wasn't too much for him to do at the moment so he'd decided to check the news. He chugged the beer in his hand and headed for the briefing room to check it, nodding respectfully to anyone higher in rank than he was and walked in once the door slid open. "Hey Ms. Raver!." he addressed the computer. "Can you display the latest news on the screen?" He asked as he slid into a chair.

"Which screen?" Raver asked.

"Main screen please." He said in response.

Raver put the news on the briefing room's movie-theater screen. ""Our top story today, the tragic loss of one of the most loved children in the Empire..."

Rett was just starting to relax leaning back in the chair combing a hand through his moderately spiked blonde hair when that headline jolted him to attention. "WHAT THE?!" He said as a reaction, clenching a fist. ~Whose responsible?~ The big man wondered as his entire attention focused on the news.

The screen showed the picture of bodybags being carried out of an apartment complex by sad-looking Star Army soldiers. "Looking for her younger sister, SAINT agent Kikyo was met with the gruesome site of the girl's mostly-naked body tied to a bed, shot in the forehead..."

Rett put his face in his hands. "Dear god....the death of a young child....."

Switching to a scene of an interview, Kikyo, looking traumatized, said "I hate the man for what he did to my family, and especially my poor sister. She did nothing to deserve the treatment she received from him. I am glad the ordeal is over."

"Raver....."he said in a sad sigh. "Please cut it off..." Rett said. He'd seen death so many times previous he thought he had shed his human feelings of sorrow for it. But this....this news as far too much even for him; he loved children and he himself didn't condone this at all. "What kind of monster could do that to a child?" The berserker asked leaning with his elbows on the table.

"I loved Kohana dearly," Kikyo told the reporter in a broken voice, "I will miss her everyday for the rest of my life. She was a dear child, taken from us all far too soon." The news report then showed pictures of thousands of flowers and candles placed outside the palace. Raver turned off the screen.

"Oh, I could," a female voice said.

"Huh?" he asked looking around for the source of the female voice.

A little datapad sat nearby, left on, "You there, is Kikyo back on the Raver yet?"

"Oh Taisa Kikyo? No I haven't seen her....why?" Rett asked looking over at the datapad.

A little blue-haired neko with red eyes and a small horn was on the screen, "And here I thought she was going to come after me."

"Somethings are more important.....who are you?" The man asked, totally suspicious of this.

"Oh, you don't know?" the girl asked, seeming to be amused. "Im nobody." The transmission ended.

"That was odd, I'd better mention it to Taisa Yuuko...if she's around." Rett said rising from his seat. "Raver, do you know where that
transmission came from?" He asked, picking up the pad.

"It was sent to us from Funky City, Nepleslia," Raver answered.

"Well alright." He said. "Is Taisa Sakai on the ship? and if so where is she?"

"Yuuko is at Uesureyan Fields onboard YSS Jade."

"That's just great. Who's the commanding officer onboard this ship currently?" Rett asked.

"I am," Raver replied.

"OH! Well pardon my ignorance then Ms. Raver. But could you please open a channel to the YSS Jade? I think she should know about this." Rett said, apologetically at first then ina serious tone.

"Of course," Raver told him. Yuuko was on the datapad in a moment. "Hi...Rett, right?"

"Yep, glad a pretty lady like you knew my name." Rett flashed her a smile. "But we just got a strange transmission from Funky City. Some Blue haired, red eyed, single horned Neko was looking for Taisa Kikyo."

Yuuko grinned girlishly and rubbed her tiny Japanese nose. He could she she was on the bridge, with Henry and Shina in the background, working at their control panels. "That's weird," the young Taisa hmmed.

"She said something about being able to murder children without a care." Rett said with a troubled expression. "I remember old rumors from a long time ago about a rogue neko who liked that...can't put my finger on the name though."

"Omigosh!" Yuuko squealed suddenly. "That was Naraku!! She killed the brother of the guy who killed Kohana!"

"WHAT!" Rett said witha shocked look flying over his face. "Hmm....something's probably up if she's expecting Kikyo, that could mean that she knows you're looking for her and will take preventive measures."

"I'm looking for Yuumi," Yuuko giggled with a scratch to her purple-haired head.

"Oh...Yuumi..right.." Rett blushed with an embarassed chuckle. "Any clues on that yet?"

"Not too many..." Yuuko sighed, "Do you think Naraku might know where Yuumi is being held??"

"That's interesting, she might know but you do know she won't just tell us if she does know." the "old" man pointed out. "I can't really leave the ship, someone's gotta keep it secure here. What do you suggest I do Ms. Sakai?"

"Why don't we land the Rave next to the Jade so our teams are together," she suggested.

"You heard me, right?" Yuuko asked the ship, which was listening in as usual, "please do it."

Raver's voice said, "I'll be there shortly."

"As smart as you are cute." Rett smiled to Yuuko.

Yuuko winked at him and ended the transmission with a big, cute smile.

Rett smiled and leaned back in the chair, he hoped he'd made a good impression on Yuuko...she was cute. ~ Remember, keep hand in check when you get there.~ He reminded himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back