• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Rejected Character [YSS Resurgence] Venja Somtaaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damaske

🎨 Media Gallery
Venja Somtaaw is a player character played by Damaske.

Species & Gender: Senti Female
Year of Birth: 27.9.25
Organization: Star Army of Yamatai
Occupation: To be determined, (Thinking pilot, power armor, combat engineer, or all of the above.)
Preferred Plot: YSS Resurgence
Wiki thread link: Venja_Somtaaw

Physical Description
Venja Somtaaw is a young Senti with an unusual height of 5'1", or 1.51 meters. She has smooth metallic blue skin, dark black eyes, and long jet black hair, typically tied back into a ponytail reaching her butt. Despite her below average height, she's as lean and fit as she next Senti, only weighing in at 130 kilos or 286.60 lbs. All of that weight goes into her bones and muscles, as she prides herself on staying in shape to be the best she can be. Venja has a soft-spoken voice and may be hard to hear at times.

Personality
Venja is a hard-working individual who wants to be a productive member of society. Tends to be a little defensive at times, but no more than her race is known for. Most of the time she is quiet and reserved sneaking around listening to others around her, or she is out flying around in a small craft as she LOOOOOOOOOOOOVes to fly. With Venja being reserved she tends not to be as social as most and may be shy at times retreating to a corner or away from groups.

History
Venja Somtaaw was born in [[timeline:YE 27]] on the Janik Flotilla, in the [[places:Kikyo_Sector]], to her parents Raja-Sonam, and Valeria Somtaaw, the 2nd child of the Somtaaw family. Her older brother Sonaria was nearing the time of study for his adult trials and test and didn't play a lot with his younger sister. But that would not stop Venja as she would play a lot with others her age and had a good childhood, however, her parents grew worried at her short height but paid it no mind as she was healthy and everything else was ok. Her Brother Aced the test into adulthood and Venja really didn't see him much and she would tag along her father's side, as he would go out with the mining fleets and mine the resources that was needed for the flotilla.

It was not long before it was Venja's turn at the test, and she passed it with flying colors and started her new job. While growing up she often would fly on her father's lap in the mining craft that he used to break apart asteroids and other small planetoids for resources. Inspired by him she would start to work on getting her skills for piloting and for using an excosuit to plant mining charges on larger asteroids. Leaning more so to flying around in the small craft more than the others. But if needed she was one of the few first into an excosuit to go plant the mining charges.

Venja could work in a team setting and still excel at the practical side of the job. She would do a lot of the mining charge making and learning how to plant the charges safely, preparing for a life outside the only world she knew only six and half months after she was finished with basic training in the use of a mining craft, exosuit, and handling in mining charges to become a full-fledged miner.

Social Connections
Venja Somtaaw is connected to::
  • Raja-Sonam Somtaaw (Father)
  • Valeria Somtaaw (Mother)
  • Sonaria Somtaaw (Older Brother)

Skills Learned
Venja has the following notable skills:
  • Star Army Common Skills (To be developed)
  • Mining: Trained to use craft, powered exosuits, and handheld tools to mine asteroids and small planetoids
  • Combat Engineer: Use of her skill in making and planting mining charges but larger charges for demolitions
  • Pilot: currently a generalized pilot of powered armor and small craft
  • Ambidextrous and impressive piloting skills.

Inventory & Finance
Venja has the following:
  • coveralls
  • boots
  • undershirt
  • random notebook with notes
  • pen (purple ink)
  • pen (black ink)
  • pen (red ink)
  • Mechanical pencil 0.5 lead (with ten pieces inside)
  • easer
  • powered exosuit with helmet (made for mining with a drill attachment)
CHARACTER NAME currently has 3000 KS.

Character Will
In the case I become inactive (gone for more than a month):
  • Can this character be used as an NPC by a GM or FM? Yes
  • Can this character be adopted after I'm gone for a year or more? YES
Edit: Forgot the link to the wiki.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Fleet Intelligence is confused why a Somtaaw has entered the SARPverse when they have to fight the Beast. I couldn't resist. Cataclysm was a favorite of mine. DON"T HIT ME.

Fleet Intelligence is confused why a Somtaaw has entered the SARPverse when they have to fight the Beast. I couldn't resist. Cataclysm was a favorite of mine. DON"T HIT ME.
I am just laughing right now, this is GREAT and something I hoped someone would pick up on.

I don't see any issues. I'm going to approve this character once the Recruiting RP is done.

It's been brought to my attention that significant portions of this bio are copied from another character's bio, which is not acceptable.

Due to this, the character cannot be approved and I've removed it from the wiki.

So I am going to put this here so people will understand what happened behind the screen of this character.

ONE: Venja Somtaaw is NOT copied from another character in ANY PART !!!
TWO: Venja Janiko IS the copied from another character's bio. Now to explain how it happened

There was a person that was doing a Senti and started a really nice pose of thiers. I asked them if I can join in and be part of their ship. They said it was "OK" and was excited throughout the whole thing. I made the image, spoke to them off and on. then once I got the first draft of the character in the wiki they said it was a copy of their character. I told them since we are on the same ship I took the part of their bio of the ships getting left behind only. However, when reading back it seems I missed a lot. SO I told them I'll redo it and before I was able to fully finish it they said that they didn't want my character there with thiers. To which I was saddened but understood and told them I would change it up. So I then DELETED the whole thing, placed a work in progress, and hit save. During the wait for the save my internet dropped thanks isp... So I went to my notepad + and started to redo the whole thing over. Once I was done with redoing the whole thing, I messaged them that I went and redid the whole thing. They mentioned that it was still like there in the personality so I changed it and once they were good with what I had, I made this thread and put up Venja Somtaaw.

So YES I copy-pasted from someone else's character for the very start of this character. HOWEVER, I took steps to make sure it was gone BEFORE I posted here. I am not asking to have this character approved nor undeleted. As of 12/28 I was going to pull this character anyway because it was apparently causing issues STILL!

So I am just as upset as some of you may be from what happened because of this and of me, I made a bad chose and I tried to work it out with the one that is affected to try and get over it. I do not think the other managed to get over it or if my attempts to make sure I was not copying anymore was seen as something else.

I NEVER KNEW ABOUT ANY OF THE MAKING THE OTHER UNCOMFORTABLE BECAUSE I WAS TOLD NOTHING AND THAT EVERYTHING IS OK. I CAN NOT FIX SOMETHING THAT I DO NOT KNOW ABOUT!!!

Damaske

I've locked the thread because I think we should all just try and move on. Mistakes were made, but we don't have to dwell on them.

I ask that everyone please, if you're including stuff from other people's bios (e.g. a common family), get their clear and complete permission first so it doesn't get awkward.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back