• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

OOC YSS Sakishima Discussion

Stole my thunder! Ah well.

Welcome to the YSS Sakishima.

As players, you are expected to keep your individual wiki pages up to date as well as and personal information on the plot page up to date. (So the roster and cabin, basically.)

You are also expected to post in here often! If you have a question, concern or announcement, post here! Any 'ole thing, it's fine.

Remember the rules, you are expected to post at least once every three days. If you feel you can't, please post in this OOC thread saying so and, unless you are uncomfortable about it, why. As it says in the rules, if it would be awkward to post for whatever IC reason you probably won't get my ire about it. I'm a human being, I can see things.

We'll be starting soon, once the last character is up.

Alright. We'll likely be starting on the weekend, baring something catching on fire. Will be a bit busy/tired/sleep-deprived for today and friday.

Burned computer or not, Gamer is still posting. I just hate to see people waiting, particularly those new to the site.

yes wes i am posting settle down, you

Slightly off my wanted schedule due to some additional things, but we've started!

Here is the time to introduce and chat amongst yourselves. This prologue will continue on the ship where you'll be both ICly and OOCily familiarized with the expectations you have with each role, but that'll be later.

Feel free to ask any questions and so on and so forth.

I will also get your orders threads up soon, but that is not a priority for me. At all.

I noticed that some or all of us have those engineered kidneys that can break down stuff like alcohol. Is the release conscious or not?

That's a very good question, though the regulation it against the consumption of alcohol as a whole, so it's a bit moot.

You might wanna point it to the Questions sub-forum.

Saluting is fine, but the go-to is bowing. Matter of preference, really. Goto could just being a hyper-nationalistic stick, there.

Also settle down, Lam. A third of the posts are your's right now. It's a given being that you're being the eager-greeter, but give people some breathing room!

Edit: Also, no April Fools tom foolery. That goes in the submission forum, scamps.

BionicSamurai said:
I noticed that some or all of us have those engineered kidneys that can break down stuff like alcohol. Is the release conscious or not?

I do know from talks that for nekovalkyrja it is very much conscious, not sure how it is with Minkans.

Also saluting is very much fine, but is usually reserved for stuff like battlefield conditions, where it would be troublesome to bow and lower your field of view and what not. That is the main reason Wes introduced bowing in SAoY.

As linked above, when to salute an when to bow is covered on the article on Rendering Courtesy in the Star Army of Yamatai and is something every Star Army soldier is trained on. Saluting is absolutely acceptable (and expected) when reporting for duty.

Note: This wasn't always the case, and there was once a time where people would get in trouble for saluting instead of bowing when reporting. But a few years back the regulations were updated to avoid what just happened in the RP.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back