• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[YSS Shiroyama] Mission One: And that's how it all started...

Terra Multa's Orbit - Derelict - Vandal 1 (SOFT)

Midori growled as the shots ripped down the halls at the squad, yet the Samurai acted as she should. A hand onto the collar of Miles, the Neko hefted him back a little before she turned to where she saw the shots come from. Down to a knee, crouched to create a smaller target, she brought her rifle up and began to take shots down range. She made sure her sightlines were clear of friendlies and only ever fired controlled bursts of three shots at a time to maximize both ammunition and accuracy. She watched Miko's grenade sail past her and made sure her shots weren't near it as it traveled as well. She didn't want to hit it and cause it to explode prematurely.

Terra Multa's Orbit - Derelict - Vandal 2 (Rangers)

Hinata grumbled a little as her junior got up and moved to the window. Suzume seemed to have a good head on her, but this situation was a little screwy, especially with the gung-ho roboy that had runoff.

"Kensei! Get back dammit don't chase! Regroup now!" Hinata commanded into the comms as she turned to head toward the door, only to see another shooter in the door. Hinata brought her gun to bear on the attacker and wasted no time in firing a controlled burst for the doorway and whatever she could see. She aimed for center mass most importantly as she began to advance on the door, three-shot controlled bursts ripping from her gun time and time again.

"2 Assailants, one falling back," the droid chimed up in comms. Damage reports indicated only 20 percent functionality on his left arm, which was asinine to deal with - but not something that made him unable to operate. Seeing the black sillhouette retreat, the chain-sickle flew outwards. Aiming to strike at his ankle - a measure to incapacitate and make him unable to run at the split second the bolt had hit him. Before smacking into cover himself - leaving a sizeable dent in the wall as the combat droid hid inside the alclove. Waiting patiently now - whilst his team dealt with the other assailant, he made sure the one, possibly two down the corridor didn't make any moves. His sensors tightening in range - though increasing tenfold in frequency.

Sachiko gasped when Kensei ran off, and she heard Hinata try to command him to return to them. Though she knew what he was capable of, since she was able to take a look during the time she was able to tune him up, it didn’t stop her from worrying about him. She joined Hinata’s side, as she fired her weapon along when she could like Hinata could.

She didn’t have the sensors that Kensei did so she was careful in her targeting. She did, however, see Kensei get damaged, and she frowned sadly that a masterpiece that a great machine like him got damaged, but she knew she would be able to fix him up no problem.

Vandal 2

Someone had pushed her? The thought rattle confusingly in Suzume's mind as a sudden sensation of someone shoving her, or almost hitting her in her side as her hearing filled with quick bouts of static added more confusion.

A strange, Uncomfortable warmth spread through her side and continued to grow until it was almost unbearable in the way it seemed to burn her as she felt her feet lift from the deck and slowly drift her in the null gravity sideways until she could feel her head and neck pushed uncomfortably against the far wall where she floated absently and still, Trying to move as little as possible as well within her view she could see her senior, Nito Hinata, She could see firing at the door and what she could only now interpret as her attacker.

Opening her mouth to try to declare herself as hit, But finding her throat both uncomfortably dry and seemingly too tight to even grunt out the word. She floated still in the hydroponics bay. Her mind racing with simple problem solving solutions as the arm on the side of her wound clamped down hard on her side emitting a a gasp she could manage and a small whimper as training overtook her simple train of thought as she tried to stem the bleeding until her bodies hemosynth could start sealing the wound.

Terra Malt's Orbit - Vandal One More
SOFT

Sora was always a bit on the "aggressive" side in combat. It wasn't always so much as she wanted to keep the enemy focused on her, though that was a welcome side effect. No, she liked to be aggressive so the enemy had to ignore everybody else, or get a hailstorm of Aether through their chest(s). Being aggressive was a potent mentality in combat and competition, as the person who controls the battle controls their enemies.

Or something like that. It was a bunch of semantics, in the end, and right now Arinori Sora was making sure the three bastards with their funky-ass yellow rayguns couldn't get a good shot off - they poke their heads up or around that bench, and a volley of shots greeted them a tenth of a second later.

Vandal 2
Rangers

Upon hearing the report of hostile contact, Aleksandra took cover in the doorway of the room she had been clearing, out of site of the main hallway. She peered around the room, quickly taking stock and making sure there weren't any hostiles stalking around, steady hands guiding her gun through a pass of the room. Satisfied there wasn't anything sneaking up on her, the Ranger crouched and turned back to the hallway, edging her rifle out toward the hostiles while exposing as little of her profile as she could in order to fire back.

Steady. Ease. Breath. Hold. Aleksandra told herself, her hands clenching tight to the rifle before relaxing, holding in position. Then, if an opportunity presented itself and the shape of an enemy came into her sights: Hold breath. Squeeze and fire. Readjust. She took careful aim and fired only if she was sure to hit; she'd let the others flush the enemy out into her line of fire.

Soft

Miles blinked as he was hefted back behind Midori, he appreciated the gesture but now wasn’t the time for pleases and thankyours. The minkan could see that the large elysian woman and the neko that had grabbed him were both suppressing the enemies which made for the perfect oppo to go after his comrades. “Cover me, I’m getting Juno and Shasse.” He said to Midori before dashing for the access point and diving in headfirst to witness the damage inside the room, his eyes went to Shasse’s shoulder before moving on to Juno who’d definitely got the worst of it, must have been closer to whatever exploded. The destroyed gun was a pretty easy giveaway. “Hold on you two, I’ll sort you out.” He said with gritted teeth as he went to work on Juno first. The shrapnel damage was bad but a cracked visor was the most pressing, the trained medic quick used whatever he could grab from his bag to seal it, along with some tape for good measure. Next was the shrapnel which had gone deep, removing it would be a bad idea. “I’m gonna give you some painkiller, but I dont have enough resources on me to properly fix the suit or your wound.” He said calmly before administering the drug to Juno.

meanwhile Shasse watched from the other side of the room, she’d come out lightly all things considered and had greater control over her pain receptors which she dulled slightly. Watching him work on the minkan girl was fascinating, the blue neko moved over to watch with an inquisitive look. “Does that mean you cant fix me either?” She said, though it wasn’t a scared voice and simply a question, in her current state Shasse would still wield her gun and that’s what she intended to do. Without warning she moved back out to the hallway, carefully poking her head out and assisting with the suppression efforts.

The handle and safety pin from Mikodimus' grenade silently pirouetted away from his hand as the snowy-haired Minkan sent the ordinance towards the enemy's entrenched position, the baseball-sized thing causing the black-clad enemies to panic and try scrambling away when a few of the SOFT members' shots hit home in the shoulder of the middle enemy, causing the injured combatant to stumble into one of his team-mates and fire off an uncontrolled burst from their weapon as the grenade ricocheted behind what they were using as cover - the third black-clad enemy who'd been laying down suppressing fire fired off their suit's thrusters to dip into a nearby doorway just as the grenade's fuse silently met its end, it was rather anticlimactic really, the blast embedding shrapnel in the corridor and causing a small fireball before a cloud of viscous purple liquid began bleeding into the void.

With the yellow-hued helixes stopped for now, Kimber took a moment to better check her own wound, pulling the shoulder strap aside for a quick moment to check her arm's mobility and felt the joint grind slightly against the now-warped socket though it was something she could deal with and quickly moved to inform the group.

"Jo-Juni and Sora-Hei I want you two to push up with me, Mikodimus-Hei I need you to help your brother with the wounded and hand them off at the airlock if their condition is too bad," the katana-wielding leader nodded sternly, face offering the slightest hint of a grimace before clearing her expression once more, rounding the corner with her rifle drawn once Midori and Arinori were ready to move up.

Juno hadn't said much since the painkillers were administered, her green eyes glassy like an unpolished emerald and expression limp as the combat engineer floated there silently, the Minkan's nanomachine-laden blood finally beginning to patch her wounds up though the multiple punctures were still bleeding air - not to mention the fact as far as Miles' tools were concerned she had gone into a rather severe case of cardiac arrest from all the blood loss and lack of oxygen.

He could practically feel Sacre's judgmental jade eyes burrowing into him across the Kikyo sector.

Hinata's quick reaction caused a single yellow helix to scorch the side of her helmet and narrowly avoid punching a hole clean through it though there was an intense static in her left ear that quickly began fading as her target slumped back against the wall, thick red streaks of blood spraying from their chest as the limp body crumpled - Kensei's attempted chain-sickling gouged a nasty chunk out of the retreating figure's armour and caused them to stumble long enough for a few of Aleksandra's rounds to slam into the vanishing figure's shooting hand, the black clad figure visibly winced from the no doubt immense pain that racked them, the long weapon being dropped as the figure twisted around in favour for a visibly altered .45 ZA, the remaining enemy zooming around with their back to the floor as they fired off a few full-auto salvos before disappearing around the corner.

The gun belonging to the corpse in the doorway slowly floated through the hydroponics room now that its wielder was dead, bumping off the windowsill before it gently tapped Suzume's visor - the rangers hearing the crackle of static filtering through their headsets and even seemingly their own minds, though this side effect was lessened for the team's Iroma, regardless of annoying sounds though there was now a faint orange glow visible around the corner now that the yellow pulses of gunfire had died down.

Sachiko crouched there holding her weapon close, as she readied herself to fire once again at the enemy. The former youngling watched silently until she realized the gunfire was dying down, that’s when she moved closer, using cover to hide her, she moved closer, but caution went out the window when she saw Suzume, her eyes widened as she saw that she was hurt. “Woman Down!” she said through their communication.

Her instinct was to go to her, but she didn’t know if there were still enemies alive and ready to shoot. “Keep an eye out,” she asked as she crept to her Aunt’s form hoping to retrieve it so that they can get it to the medical bay of the station. She hoped they weren’t too late, though, despite having the tech to bring her back, she didn’t know how long ago it had been since Suzume had updated her ST.

SOFT TEAM

Midori growled a little into a simply dead helmet, not connected at all to the team communication's channel as she did but she had still heard the call to follow and push. She gave an eye to Miles for a moment to make sure he was ok and occupied before she moved forward. Rifle up to her shoulder to keep it focused downrange, she reconnected to the comms channel and spoke up to Kimber.

"I am ready Ma'am."

RANGERS

Hinata snarled a little as she flinched just enough for the round to graze her helmet, eyes focused still on her target. She fired another few rounds into the body to make sure it stayed down before she scanned the area around her.

"Report! Any hu-... Shit Medic!" Her eyes fell on the floating Suzume and she kicked off to close the gap between her and the girl. The static in her ears had finally faded, something strange as normal ammunition usually didn't make static noise when it wizzed past one's head, but it was curiously strange. She pushed it aside for now and did a quick check over of Suzume to see where she was hit and how bad the damage was.

"Oi, Zuzu you in there? You awake? I need you to talk to me, I need you to stay awake ok?"

SOFT

Miles sighed as Juno apparently started dying on him, this is why he preferred to be suited in a mindy along with the whole team, regular space suits were so flimsy these days and he didn't have handy spots to attach extra medical gear. His thoughts drifted to Sacre for a moment, at this stage he doubted the cold Separa woman would even bother trying to help, the patient was as good as dead and a bit of tape was all he had. "Well it looks like I'm not good enough for you after all." He snickered to himself as he set to work trying to patch as many holes on the suit as he could find, curse a shitty terminal for blowing into bits so numerous. Abandoning his ruthless training he'd received from his old crewmate the minkan tried to save a life.

Not having been given any specific orders Shasse decided to just keep an eye on the hall ahead of them while the medic went to work, with the others pushing up around the front she took a breather to reload her weapon and make sure she had some spares just in case. Since her injuries were nowhere near as bad the little neko figured she could probably keep fighting until her own air ran out which would be a bit longer with a sufficient lack of holes in her suit compared to Juno. "Do you need me to cover your backs?" The bouncy little neko asked as she peeked her head around the corner the others had disappeared down.

"Aleksander, keep watch on the hall. Kensei, pull back and assist Hinata with our wounded medic. Sachiko, run a gear check on everyone's suits. A puncture, or broken life support is the last thing we need right now.", Lucas commanded as he took up position in cover on the other corner of the hall. He didn't lean out in case whoever they were fighting decided to open up on them again, or worse blind fire wildly down the hall once more. These suits were so damned flimsy, he wished they had something just as light but with maybe some actual plating. It felt like wearing fine china as protection, and with a few of them, all it would take to end them this op was one well placed round to a vital organ. They weren't even that deep into the station and already, they had wounded, something the Iroma almost cursed himself on.

SOFT

Sora nodded and re-raised her rifle, the towering Elysian's body swelling with deep, potent breaths. She kept close to the katana-wielding soldier, ready to fire at a moment's notice...

Vandal 2

Kensei was about to chase down the perpetrator that had been so thoroughly hurt, but Lucas called him back. The droid wanted to argue he'd be best on the frontline since he wasn't as limited as they were with the spacesuits and soft tissue. But then again, he wouldn't disobey a commanding officer. After all, what was he with a bust arm? The droid kicked off from his cover and dashed to the back of the team. The heavy plated arm sparking and hanging limp from it's shoulder. Though he swooped in, snaking one around Suzume to keep her from floating off into danger. Glancing up at Hinata with a nod, slowly lowering the wounded Neko to the ground. Clunking against the ground himself as he locked himself to the floor of the ship. The tattered parka was ripped from the bolts and a cold metal hand grasped around Suzume's that was clutched around the wound. Gently lifting it before placing the cloth against it. The purple now stained with the viscious crimson Suzume was bleeding. Faceplates twitching ever so slightly. "Keep pressure," he uttered to Hinata throughout comms, before leaning back and letting her take charge. "I've sustained critical damage on my arm - I'm operating at 56 percent efficiency," his voice resounded through comms, calm as ever. "Field repairs will bring me up to an estimate of 78 percent."

Rangers

Hinata and Kensei would be helping her aunt, and since she wasn’t a medic herself, aunt would be in better hands than she was capable of giving her. She knew her aunt would have had her back up, and thus even if she had died here, it would be alright, but it didn’t stop her worrying about her. Fortunately, Lucas had given her an order and so she moved back from the lowering Aunt, and she hurried off to run a gear check on everyone.

Kensei’s arm was noticed by the former youngling, “Hai, I saw I’ll be right on that in a moment, ” she said to him as she ran the checks on everyone’s equipment, before she grabbed her other tools, and got to work on Kensei’s arm, 78 percent didn’t seem like much to her, but it seemed like the best she could do until they got back. “Hai..” she said in a more sadder tone”once we get back to the station, come to my tinker space, and I’ll do a better job there, since I have more equipment to use.

Wherever Suzume is at this particular moment, I forgot.

An unnoticed nod and pained grunt answered hinata and kensei as some alleviated stemming from her wound allowed her hemosynth to do its job and retained her some concentration to get her own gravitic field back under control to bring her to rest on the floor where her boots could once again mag lock to the deck and keep her secure.

Fighting quite personally the biggest case of cottonmouth of her young life, Suzume coughed at her burning dry throat and slowly brought herself bakc to her feet on shaky legs against the wall for support.

Physically she was technically still fine and within the green she found as her body seemed fine with the exception of the tight burning sensation in her wound.

Mentally she felt a haze around her that seemed to play everything in an almost slow fashion with almost painfully heightened senses as her mind reacted.

"Green." She called out her status and kept one hand on the pistol grip of her weapon and straightened up posture, Her tone coming out a lot more annoyed and rigid due to the dry rasp and her natural baritone. "Suit punctured."

The wound felt terribly cold despite the burning pain as it was exposed to the dead cold of a ship floating for so long in the void. It would be a hindrance but not a handicap she decided without any thought as to how she would return with the team with a punctured void suit and a now drastically limited supply of breathable air.

Aleksandra nodded at Lucas' order, "You got it, boss," she said quietly, keeping her rifle aimed down the hallway. She had seen the shot land home on one attacker, her focus intent on any other movement that even thought about hostile action in the corridor.

Soft

Miko got his orders to support his brother with the wounded. Be just like old times, helping his brother out to be the person Miko always seen him capable of being. "On it Sir, I shall hand off the wounded with Miles. Be just like putting a turkey in an oven, only the oven is an airlock and the turkey our crew we don't plan on eating." Though he smirked to himself thinking of a nice dinner with his birb lover who might just get a nibble. At this rate he is starting to see Nep show up wanting to nibble on some birb.

He quickly snapped out of dream land and kept putting down cover fire. He made his way over to Juno to see what help he could give. The air filled with blood figured they might just need a helping hand. "Miles, I got just the trick to patch up these holes." Miko reached into his pack and pulled out a block of explosives. "Just like the good old days of using putty to fill in holes right brother!!" He said with a laugh as he tossed him half a block. Miko knew very well that this was completely stable and posed no risk even if shot.

Her suit was sealed but no amount of oxygen was restarting Juno's still heart, for all intensive purposes and from Miles' medical readout the emerald-eyed engineer was medically dead - dull eyes having not moved in the slightest since having lost their intense luster and the sapper's skin was turning pale, oddly enough it seemed the fetomachines in her blood were still active and had absorbed some of the energy released during the explosion though that helped very little given the current circumstances.

Terra Multa's Orbit - YSS Buccaneer - Bridge
The team's purple tech-cat had been silently relaying information between the Buccaneer and groundside-forces to try and gather anything they could on the derelict she'd just noticed had become the final thing that iteration of Juno Aurion would remember, and something her replacement would have to be told about, but the busty violet girl took a breath and muttered something about Yui before passing on what she had managed to gather.

"...okay so we were able to partially restore a corrupted file containing the layout of the ship you are currently storming, still working on trying to clear up my readings of the ship's interior so~ sorry but you're still blind on that regard but keep me posted if you learn anything or require my services..." she finished, trying to maintain a professional outlook though clearly at least a little shaken as Valerie went back to abusing her terminal's keyboard.

She and a lot of the other personnel were so pre-occupied with it in fact, that they failed to notice the faint flicker of cloaked figures beginning to cut their way into the top of the ship's hull, the orange glow of a fine-tuned plasma cutter grabbing Kai's attention from the corner of his vision.

"Appreciated, Shanks-Hei," Kimber began, continuing her steady pace down the hallway with rifle drawn as they neared the barricade the grenade had practically gone off, blood and suit components harmlessly pirouetting through the void as she continued.

"Once we three have cleared the corner the rest should push up, we're getting spread too thin and by the looks of it there is not much more ship the enemy can retreat int~" Kimber was rather violently thrown to the side as she passed the barricade, neck bending at an unnatural angle as it slammed into the wall though that was quickly followed up by another muzzle flash from behind the barricade - this time a fist-sized hole being punched through right Sora's wing and sending shredded, bloodied strips of her suit off into the harsh void.

Their aggressor? one partially-alive bugger who had survived the grenade and was currently hiding beneath the purple, gored corpse of one of his team-mates, the sly bugger brandishing what looked like a semi-automatic out-of-sector clone of the Westech 12gauge Trench Shotgun - they fired it off once more into the wall before the lack of gravity caused the empty shell to get caught in the ejection port, which in turn caused the prone black-clad figure to visibly panic as they fumbled to quickly clear the jam.

Terra Multa's Orbit- Derelict - Vandal 2 (Rangers)
The orange glow continued down the hallway, Aleksandra's keen eyes spotting the edge of some metal plate being carefully slid into place before expanding into some kind of barricade covered in metal scales, which easily wedged itself into the doorway and was clearly designed to take up a wider space - the orange glow intensified if anything, it was clear whoever they were dealing with had some form of training, or at least enough sense to not poke their head into a hallway filled with SAOY Rangers.

With Suzume's air supply compromised and the enemies fortifying their position though, it was clear that some form of action needed to be taken, and now.

“There’s no point, besides thats just needles dangerous, she’s already dead so its time to move on to any others.” Miles commented as his blood brother took out explosives. ”Move the corpse back to the airlock, cant be letting all her gear lie around for scavenging, Shasse you need to go back as well since you’re hurt, all injured are to return so either I can take her back or you can Miko, the other can just go back to the main group I guess.” The minkan was unintelligent but leadership wasn’t his business.

”Miles here, any other injuries in the main group yet or do you still want me taking the wounded and deceased back to the ship.” He asked over the comms with his team.

Shasse meanwhile had wandered back over as instructed since deciding the area was most certainly cleared of all hostiles. The air was basically drained from her own suit at this point thanks to the whole vacuum thing in space and she was having a hard time keeping her eyes open or staying focused ahead of her, stumbling around with a soft groan as she neared the brothers.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back