• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Concluded [YSS Tokyo] Kimirthro Operations: The Plow and The Baron

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
RP Location
Kimirthro System

Part 1: His Majesty?​

1664989680075.png

Kimirthro System​

Staging Area - 2LY from Kimirthro System
Tokyo Expeditionary Battle Group
YSS Tokyo "The Plow"

Jun and Nellrun had their problems, the operations were unique, to say the least with all the Kuvexians intermingled into their civilian populations - some things just didn't go in the reports to SANDRA but were maintained within the chain of command. The YSS Tokyo and the rest of its attached battlegroup entered their new theatre of operations, and unlike the previous locations held by hold-outs of the Kuvexian Military they had encountered something different altogether, it was more a situation of them being dug in. It was a massive assembly of Kuvexian ships, even several of their space stations, and what appeared to be a circumorbital ring around the third planet in the system. This was something else. How had this gone unnoticed just outside of the Samurai Sector? This was on the doorstep of the Empire.

"Orchid Four is still conducting scans but it looks like these three stations are in full production mode, they are producing warships. We count at least a hundred under construction and several hundred operational ships in the system. Definitely, the number should be in shortly, they're using some sort of jamming field and baffler system to get around longer-ranged scans which are likely how they have avoided detection," Chujo Motoyoshi-Hanabusa Miho said, the Chujo adjusted her posture in the chair across the Taisho's desk.

Himawari let the ranking Chujo speak first, she then chimed in, "They know we're here, so far they seem unreactive to it. Before the war, this was Mishhuvurthyar territory and it appears they have assimilated a lot of the infrastructure to fit their own needs. This could be a case like Sood Zadra, either way, they outnumber us. If we're going to liberate this system like the others it is going to take at least another First Expeditionary Fleet Battlegroup, but I think we should see about making..." Himawari was interrupted by a communication from the bridge.

"Taisho, there is a call coming in from the orbital ring structure. I am patching it through," the communications officer reported, then the volumetric imaging system on Taisho's desk activated.

A rather large green-blue colored Kuvexian appeared on the screen, two other Kuvexians stood on either side of him holding their customary Trident weapons, "Ho! Hail you Yamatai, Welcome to the King's System of Kimirthro, We would like to welcome you in peace of course. Why don't you come dock here at the ring and we can have a nice dialog, you can be our guests. His majesty wishes to meet you," the Kuvexian said in a rather odd, yet cheerful tone.

Ayano crooked her right brow, "King? I was not aware your King survived the war. This system you've occupied is close to our space and we decided to come to have a look. With all due respect, I will leave our ships in our staging area here should I decide to accept your offer." The Taisho was cautious, she wanted more information which is why she had worded things how she had.

"Bah! Oh, come now Yamatai we are not the scoundrels you killed at Jun. Yes, we've been following your progress. We are not the Interstellar Kingdom, this is the Kingdom of Kordoon! We are happy to receive you in peace, " the Kuvexian replied, obviously he knew who he was dealing with.

The Taisho kept the stoic look on her face despite the shock, of the mention of that name. "I will consult my senior officers in regards to your invitation, we will contact you shortly," she said and then terminated the communications. She looked at Miho and said, "Kordoon, as in the Baron. I didn't think we would find himself posing as some King, let's see what we can dig up before we give them a reply, there is no way I am going over there without some kind of exit plan. In the meantime, have Legacy Squadron join us and have Keiyo Expeditionary Strike Group ready to leap in if needed," she ordered. "In the meantime, Tokyo-Chusa, please see what we can do about planning this meeting in a way that doesn't make us easy prey for this so-called King," she added to Himawari.

This situation certainly was not what Ayano had expected, this was a lot more than a few straggling holdouts. This could be their only chance to get their hands on Kordoon, so she had to come up with a sound strategy and update Mistress Taisho before another move would be made.

Meanwhile, on UX-3 III

"HE WHAT??" Baroness Soon Bardoon stood and slammed both of her palms on her desk with such force the computer terminal on top of it bounced. "You can't be serious! NNNnnngyaaa!" She reached under the heavy wooden desk and flipped it with ease, her slight form packed with discreet augmentations, sending the terminal bouncing across the floor of her home office. "King? KING?" Soon pinched the base of her gene-engineered-humanized-nose as she knitted her brow and set her jaw, while her assistants cringed in abject terror. The lovely, deep cerulean skin on the Baroness's face, neck, and shoulders was purple with rage as she heaved with breaths belabored by anger. "How... How dare that... pretender, with his upstart toy corporation... I'm running a real colony here! International trade! And that... larva-headed, OOOOH! KING!"

Kimirthro System​

YSS Tokyo - Bridge, Command Level

"Oh. Good. He styles himself a monarch now." Akiko thought to herself while turning a heaving sigh into just a normal one. It was just loud enough that one of the officers on the command deck flitted a brief glance in the direction of where she was connected to the captain's chair. It always felt amazing both because the chair was so nice, and because the rush of feeling so connected to not only the massive dreadnought, but the group never stopped being amazing to her. Was it Nekovalkryja conditioning? Was she made that way?

None of that mattered to Akiko.

The call went out to the other groups of the fleet, she just reviewed the orders briefly without modifying anything. Due diligence completed, she reached up and played with the hair clip with the Motoyoshi symbol keeping her hair from her eyes. It was something she did while processing large amounts of data now and again. In the event of a ruse, she was offering fleet deployment vectors and how to respond to the Kordoon's movements to minimize losses while stalling for time. Part of it did include as feint, but that relied on the other battle groups arriving within a certain window.

The rest of her plans chiefly dealt with how to deal with the warships and send a strike deep enough to cut off the head of the snake while they were engaged in larger fleet action. "Ma'am." She thought to Ayano, "I was monitoring. I recommend at least 2-C." They were already elevated, but staying that way would be better in the even chance it was some kind of trap hoping to cut off the head of their snake. A nekohebi.

Ayano nodded, "I agree, have the entire Tokyo Expeditionary Battlegroup brought to condition 2-C but no communications bursts, beyond the one I sent to Taisho Yui and to the other Strike Group, I think its best for the Baron to think we're all alone," she stated as Shimizu-Taisa took her place, she then disconnected from the command chair and descended to the First Officer's station, "So he wants us to go to his circus," she pointed at the sensor images of the circumplanetary ring that they had been invited to. "Do we bite? See what he is up to and try to capture him later, or do we just continue liberation operations?" she sought the input of her first officer.

She couldn't help but theorize that the ring had been built elsewhere, how else could it have been constructed under the nose of the Empire so quickly? The Baron seemed to retain wealth and influence despite the shattering of the Kuvexian Interstellar Kingdom. The enemy they were against, Baron Gello Kordoon or rather King Gello Kordoon now apparently known for the vicious torture of POWs, his connection to the late Motoyoshi Kiyoko was no secret either. The entire situation just made the hair stand on the back of Chujo's neck.

Was the Kuvexian going to be predictable, and try to capture them? Would he just try to kill them and hope whatever he was planning could be kept quiet as long as it took for the 'lone ship' to be missed? She only really wanted to capture or kill him, and there were certainly no second thoughts about the latter. "Understood ma'am." She replied, waiting to answer her question.

"Set Two-Charlie!"

"Two-Charlie, hai!", Around the ship members of the crew began to put on their encounter suits, and it was no different for Ayano and Akiko other than theirs were brought out for them. The XO unbuckled her belt and slipped her sidearm into the holster provided with the suit and began to change with regimented quickness as she spoke.

"He either has some disgusting proposal to keep his hide alive, or he's hoping to stop us before his location and the size of his operation can be reported to the rest of the fleet. Those two options are what indicate the highest possibility given the current information. I would just as happy to send him back home to put him on trial as anything else." The officer knew the others within earshot would wish worse, which is why she said what aligned better with what a fully successful mission would look like to the command staff aboard.

Even if they did want to kill him.

"I am interested enough to bite, we can last long enough for the fleet to show up. Even if we get jammed we know where a relay ship is, we can hit it with a tight beam. If he tries something, well, we did our best and it gives the other groups more time to arrive?" Her eyes drifted to Ayano, trying to game out which way she would go. Once the Taisa answered, she checked her hair and then sealed her helmet over her head, finding the familiar embrace of the environment suit not as welcoming as that of that of say, a power armor, but still familiar.

Ayano nodded, "In the name of buying time, or rather perhaps giving him the illusion of time --" she said with a pause at the end as she glanced around the bridge and back to Shimizu-Taisa, "It has been a little while since I put on my dress uniform," she said, indirectly confirming that they would be accepting the invitation. "Hanabusa-Chujo, you have the bridge, If we're not back in a reasonable amount of time, turn that megastructure into the biggest debris field you've ever seen and get the rest of the fleet here for support," her orders given she returned her attention to Akiko.

"Open a channel back to that ugly frog," Ayano ordered, "We accept the invitation, we will arrive on a shuttle shortly. In the meantime, be sure to remind your 'King' that any funny business won't be tolerated." She didn't give the Kuvexian a moment to speak before the communications channel was put back on hold.

Ayano headed towards one of the lifts, "Hope your backups are up to date, I will meet you in the shuttle bay when you're changed, Taisa."

Kimirthro System​

YSS Tokyo - Bridge, Command Level

What was an appropriate amount of time to Hanabusa? All the more reason to take care of whatever nonsense the Kuvexian was up to. "This morning, ma'am." She confirmed, it was routine but happily coincidental. "The shuttle bay." Akiko confirmed. She took the other lift, to make for her quarters after closing all but an alert data stream with the ship.

The younger Motoyoshi on board made it to her quarters and slipped inside quickly. They were still fairly spartan: no decorations, just a standard room with her uniforms and spare tools inside. The Taisa was a little bad at settling in. Awkward. She stripped her encounter suit and normal uniform at speed, even though it grated her to not store them in her haste. She traded that off with being able to put on her dress uniform with more attention inside the time constraints. Once she was satisfied her decorations were still in the correct order, she checked her sidearm once more on the way out the door. The alert condition was raised, which is why she encountered no one until she ended up at her destination.

YSS Tokyo - Shuttle Bay

"Reporting!" She called, hurrying over to meet her aunt at the shuttle. "All my experience with the Kuvexians tells me I'll wish I had a formal power armor or mecha." She remarked, adding, "You look very good in that." She commented, really appreciating the rare chance to see the lovely officer dressed up, "It makes your eyes stand out. To say nothing for contrasting your hair."

Akiko waited for Ayano to climb aboard before following her.

YSS Tokyo - Shuttle Bay​

Taisho Motoyoshi-Yamada Ayano emerged into the shuttle bay, her boots clicking against the polished floor as she walked. A Ke-T10 "Fukuro" Multi-Role Shuttle in VIP Transport configuration had been arranged on deck, just there were a few modifications including the additional seating removed in favor of two Mindy placed in Xiulurium coated lockers. As they bordered the shuttle, she couldn't help but reply to Akiko, "Funny you should mention that," she said as she wrapped her fist against the lockers and pulled the curtains closed in front of them.

Ayano knew she could have taken over an entire detail, but something about that was too predictable. For now, it was them, and their pilot. "Kordoon, I predict is going to be absolutely on selling us on whatever setup he has here, I doubt he will turn ugly until he finds out we're not buying in," she said as she took a seat behind the desk and engaged the SPINE connection. "So the idea is to keep him interested and information flowing in our direction in favor, we could have used an analyst on this mission but, I figure the fewer our people he sees, the more comfortable he will be in running his mouth," she added.

The pilot could be heard upfront, gaining clearance for taking off.

Kimirthro System​

YSS Tokyo - Shuttle Bay​

The sight of the lockers set the Taisa at ease, and she gave her a slight smile at the thought of ripping the scoundrel's body in half with the power armor. Or at least watching Ayano do it. She sat across from her and let the information flow through her SPINE as well, instantly feeling more comfortable with the idea the more she knew. Once they were clear of the bay and into space, she uncrossed her ankles and almost sank into the seat.

"He seems the sort to just let us hear it all, if he thinks he's got the upper hand. Like one of those action films or something where the villain gives up the ghost whenever they think that they have the upper hand? It's almost insulting but there are people like that." Admitted Akiko. "The real surprise would be if he had anything valuable to say."

Ayano closed her eyes momentarily as the shuttle began a short trek toward the superstructure, "I can't help but be curious about how they had the capacity to build such a place right under our noses," she said to Akiko. The entire situation was one that put perception into check. She opened her eyes again after the momentary hesitation as she considered Akiko's words. "If anything he says is valuable we will be the ones to swim ashore with it. Men like that never change be they Kuvexian or otherwise, I have seen what he did to POWs during the war, he lacks any kind of ethical compass at all and has no regard for any kind of rules of engagement. No doubt those who follow him now and buy this King facade are either as poorly constituted as he is or they just lack the intelligence to see past the bullshit," she said with a certain agitation within her voice.

The Chujo adjusted her posture she strained a little to look out the viewport then settled back against the chair, "If I was that prick I'd probably try to look reformed like that Soon woman is too, I'd love to have an eye behind closed doors to see what the situation is there too. Yamatai must be assumed to have a short memory. This King is about to present his best play to us. I'd prefer he returns with Yamatai to us in a cage so he can be put on trial for his crimes rather than be given a pass," she felt she had repeated herself so she went quiet.

The shuttle was accepted into one of the structure's landing bays where the Kuevexian that had communicated with them prior stood in wait with a small entourage that surely was some kind of security for Kordoon, their trident's proudly held at their side as the shuttle landed. "Game face ready?" Ayano asked as she released the safety belt.

The waiting was both a blessing and an annoyance. She was created by love and trained by the best, she had to manage her expectations to go into battle sometimes. Akiko knew there were many kinds of battles after so many years in the service, and her family were more than happy to speak frankly with her about the realities of the Star Army. She enjoyed how honest Ayano was with her, if it was because they were family or not she wasn't sure yet, but listening to her always made her that much more motivated to do her best for her as much as herself.

"They probably also follow him for self-interest. I doubt there are many options for them, as the remnants? I wonder if there's a way to peel people away by giving them a better out? I'm just as happy to cut off the head and see if the rest are going to fall in line, you know, a wise choice?" Her smile looked almost predatory. Akiko was more than happy to end them all after the things that happened during the war, and no doubt the involvement of most or all of the people under his control. There were other steps to take first, and so they were, better to solve the mystery than come in half-cocked. A clever warrior survives longer than one that is purely strong.

"We'll figure it out. I'm all set." Akiko assured her as she got up to follow her. After tugging her uniform a few times despite knowing it did not require any kind of fix, she stood to the side of Ayano and slightly back. "This should be...eventful."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back