• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Laz Public Network Yuki Toshiro to Star Army Logistics Office of Public Affairs

Toshiro

Message is sent with the highest level of civilian quantum encryption possible.

To: Star Army Logistics, Office of Public Affairs

I have a couple matters to discuss with the Office of Public Affairs, at least one of which may warrant the encryption used.

The first is my design for a new NSP battery, shown here:
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=yggdrasill:yb_28a

While I've never had to fire it at a live target, it has never failed me at target practice in two years, and KFY has given their consent for me to produce it at my shipyard and sell it to both the military and civilian sectors, as shown here:
viewtopic.php?f=76&p=76006#p76006

If Star Army Logistics is interested, I would most certainly like to hear back from you.

The second matter is one of a more secret nature, at least in civilian channels. While I cannot produce Yamataium as the military does, I have been collecting and seeding from salvaged hull debris over the past couple of years, to make a small supply. I've completely seeded and replaced my flagship's hull with it and managed to amass enough spare Yamataium to maintain the craft. It's not for sale -- it's merely something I feel warrants mention.

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_Yggdrasill_ygg_commodore.gif
Yuki Toshiro
Commodore; Yggdrasill Fleet, Hikari Fleet, Yuki Shipyard

Re: Yuki Toshiro to Star Army Logistics Office of Public Aff

Encryption stepped-down to match receiver’s capabilities

Yuki Toshiro-san,

Thank you for contacting Star Army Logistics Office of Public Affairs. As for your magazine design, Star Army Logistics would be very interested in acquiring a run of this product. Because KFY has already reviewed and given approval to your production of this item, we will waive the standard in-house review and proceed directly to acquisition. Your exact manufacturing capacity is unknown to us, but we would like to begin with a trial run of 10000 units - including the batteries, chargers, and rail mounts - for evaluation and limited distribution. If this initial run proves satisfactory, we would like to continue with follow-on orders. The contract has been forwarded to the Director’s Office for approval, pending your confirmation of the order and price.

Speaking with reference to your second point, Star Army Logistics appreciates being informed of this directly rather than discovering it at some later point. To simplify the matter, it would be best if you could provide confirmation of the material’s provenance; being a military armor product, the illegal salvage or removal from administered sites of this product is a crime. This matter has been forwarded to the Office of Standards and Modernization for evaluation. It may be that OSM inspectors will need to physically confirm the status of the armor or it may be that there is no need to further pursue the issue at the moment. Legal directives will be forwarded to you should they be required in the future.

Again, thank you for bringing this to us directly. We look forward to maintaining a productive working relationship with you.

Ashitaka Tomomi-Taisa
Star Army Logistics, Assistant Director for Public Affairs

Encryption at new level

To: Ashitaka Tomomi-Taisa

I'm confirming the first order as the following:

10000 orders at 250 KS each of the following:

YB-28A Triple Power Magazine
Removable Rail Mount for Scope
Charger

Total price: 2,500,000 KS

I have a shipyard able to produce these, and can handle this order swiftly. If you check your records, you will see that I've had the mineral rights to the Kenichi's Star system for a while now, from which these will be produced.

Regarding the Yamataium, I have gone through my ship's previous manifests and identified the locations of the Huge Yamataium Chunks which have been previously salvaged. They and which locations in which they've been found can be found in this database:

Yuki Toshiro has sent yamalocations.dat

In these cases, I have found and turned over restricted technologies and allowed the inspection of my cargo. At these times the Yamataium was not claimed or seized by the Star Army ship and officers present. Here is the information of those manifests, what was taken, and by what ships on what dates. You should be able to verify this with the logs of those ships.

Yuki Toshiro has sent SAoYtechclaimed.dat

Here is the current manifest of what I have, for review:
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=yg ... m_manifest

Most of these items, all but the most recent run in fact, were salvaged well before Nataria's destruction as I'd focused on my Mining Fleet, so perhaps there has been a change in the law since that time? I hope this will be sufficient to resolve the situation.

Yuki Toshiro

Yuki Toshiro-san

After a meeting earlier today, word has been passed down from the Office of the Director that the order for the initial run of your product has been changed to 1000 units of the battery, charger, and rail mount for a new lot price of 250,000 KS. This determination was made after reconsidering the procurement needs for adequate testing of the product in targeted distribution across the Star Army. We apologize if this change has inconvenienced you, but rest assured that if this product performs well and is desired by the constituent units of the Star Army we will continue with a larger order to serve that need.

To conclude the issue of your possession of salvaged Yamataium armor, the manifest and other documents you graciously provided were reviewed by the legal department of the Office of Standards and Modernization. I attach their statement here:

It is the expressed legal opinion of the Chief Advocate and Deputy Assistant Director that the disposition of the Yamataium that has come into the possession of one Yuki Toshiro-san is totally legal both in its continued private ownership and the manner, chiefly by way of free salvage, that it came into private ownership in the first place. As such, the Chief Advocate and Deputy Assistant Director recommend that further investigation into this matter be discontinued at once. I hereby acknowledge and accept said recommendation and order a cessation to all investigatory and legal proceedings at this time.

Signed,
Yoshinobu Satoko-Shosho
Star Army Logistics, Assistant Director for Standards and Modernization

I have been instructed to pass along thanks from OSM and the Director for your cooperation in this matter.

Ashitaka Tomomi-Taisa

Encryption at new level

1000 orders at 250 KS each of the following:

YB-28A Triple Power Magazine
Removable Rail Mount for Scope
Charger

Total price: 250,000 KS

1000 units is not an inconvenience, though I hope that the test results in more units. I can actually ship 1000 units immediately. Where do you wish them to go?

Also, I am thankful for the prompt resolution of the situation, and am glad that I don't have to disassemble my ship's hull. I recognize the need for the investigation, as for every law-abiding salvager there's at least one out there who isn't.

Yuki Toshiro

Yuki Toshiro-san

Please have the items delivered to Star Army Logistics Headquarters, Uesureyan Fields, Yamatai; testing and distribution will be overseen centrally rather than through the various depots and hubs across Imperial space.

Once again, thank you for your cooperation.

Ashitaka Tomomi-Taisa

Encryption at new level

1000 units have been sent out on the Civilian Ke-F8 SRSS-005 "Freya" to Star Army Logistics Headquarters, Uesureyan Fields, Yamatai. Please reply with notice of receipt and payment upon arrival.

Yuki Toshiro

Encryption has been stepped-down to match receiver’s capabilities

Yuki Toshiro-san,

Star Army Logistics hereby acknowledges receipt of your shipment. As such, the 250,000 KS payment has been wired to your corporate account. Thank you for your swift delivery of this order.

Ashitaka Tomomi-Taisa

RPG-D RPGfix
Back