• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Art Zairyo Character Art Commissions - $25

This is the new commissions thread for long-time SARP artist Zairyo. His artwork looks like this:

fetch.php
fetch.php

Here's the info needed to sign up:
Code:
Character Name:
Character wiki page URL:
Character wiki page up-to-date? (Y/N):
Uniform/Clothing Reference URL:
Notes: (Pose, expression, props, etc)

Who is paying, you or Star Army?

If Star Army is paying, add and answer the following:

Have you donated to Star Army? (Y/N):
Does your character have existing art? (Y/N):
How long has this character been actively played?: (X Years/X Months)
Plot Character Is In:
Plot's Most Recent Plot Audit Grade:
Note: excessive detail may increase the price.

I don't know Star Army like the back of my hand, I'm very familiar with it yes but I don't know enough to the point of grasping which rank is which, what uniform goes with what or any of that. If the character has previous art (especially if the previous art isn't mine) I take that art as the main reference. When I post the rough sketch I expect all the corrections to be posted with links when necessary if after I post the rough I get approval instead of corrections, I move on to the other phase. Getting corrections after approval means I would have to start over. That delays me a lot, so please keep that in mind, I wish I was good enough to do it like a machine but I'm not, I do my best on every request and doing it twice is problematic 'cause it doesn't look the same even when traced.

Illustrating and designing are not the same thing. I'm charging [$25] for illustrations, meaning a design or clear concept should exist. This character is the one exception to the rule (just 'cause I want to keep moving) Any future request to design will have to either pay for the design or change it to something that exists.

Power Armor is extra. It MIGHT not be too bad to draw, but it is a pain to paint and in either case not [$25]. Too complex for that amount. Besides you're better off hiring someone that draws mech stuff if you really want that one to look as good as it should.

Character Name: Captain Mara Afon
Character wiki page URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=characters:yamatai:mara_afon_kinnon
Character wiki page up-to-date? (Y/N): Yes
Uniform/Clothing Reference URL: https://i.imgur.com/GJUrnb6.png
Notes: (Pose, expression, props, etc) she looks rather serious and imposing with the scarred face and black eye patch she wears.

Who is paying, you or Star Army? I will, if I can, thought budget is reaaallly tight, if not able too, it might have to be SA? :/

If Star Army is paying, add and answer the following:

Have you donated to Star Army? (Y/N): Yes, most of the last few years
Does your character have existing art? (Y/N): No
How long has this character been actively played?: (X Years/X Months) A little less than a year
Plot Character Is In: HMS Harleach Castle https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=plot:hms_harlaech_castle
Plot's Most Recent Plot Audit Grade: A

Character Name: Ketsurui Wakako
Character wiki page URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=characters:yamatai:ketsurui_wakako
Character wiki page up-to-date? (Y/N): Y
Uniform/Clothing Reference URL: On Wakako's wiki page with black gloves and boots
Notes: I have a more specific reference graphic on DA I can send you. Have an idea for a dynamic pose- will add it to my reference graphic for you.

Who is paying, you or Star Army? Me.

I like the pose, I forgot to send you the references for her coloration though. I've been on an odd schedule this week. >> But I sent them to you for the hair and such. Same email for payment?

I like the pose, I forgot to send you the references for her coloration though. I've been on an odd schedule this week. >> But I sent them to you for the hair and such. Same email for payment?
No worries, this week was... unreal for me. Same e-mail yes, thanks

Wakako rough hair retouched.jpg

Is this OK? Wasn't 100% sure if that's how you wanted it, seemed like it was at chin length (more or less) right?

Last edited:
Playing a game of "would you rather" on the belt. Should it be "silverish" like it used to or the standard black?

also, the patches and stuff. Thanks

Ketsurui Wakako base colors.jpg

The black belt is perfect. This is an easy patch job- just the hinomaru. I don’t think we have a patch or a fleet for the successor to the Miharu. @Fred ?

The look she has, and her features are a perfect blend of her two parents. You've captured the face really well, I'd say.

@Kim sorry, I don't have much info to offer at this time.
So, I'd guess it's the depiction of her at graduation or something?
Up to you.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back