• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Zairyo's Commissions (Original Thread)

Third time's the charm right

Relevant Links:

Star Army Gallery
DeviantArt page

Zairyo said:
Hello everyone, I'm a fan of Sci Fi, video games and all those things we tend to spend way too much time on. My biggest passion however is drawing, so as requested by Wes and by my personal interest I'm here to offer my skills to you guys.

If you want to see more please visit my Deviantart gallery here: http://zairyo.deviantart.com/

If you want to commission me please make sure you are willing to spend at least $15.00 and that you have a Paypal account.
Thanks for your time.

______aimg474.imageshack.us_img474_8144_samspritetestdf7.gif____________________________________________ aimg401.imageshack.us_img401_5431_hanakospritebt3.gif

This is aimed to those of you that don't have a credit card or paypal account (or any way to pay for digital content) but wish they could get a commission from me. As some of you know I have an Xbox 360, which means nothing Microsoft does is ever free, that goes with Xbox Live and Marketplace related content. The Star Army price for commissions remains the same, $15 for the commission and an extra $5 for the card option which brings it to $20. Those $20 can be paid with:

A- 1600 Microsoft Points
B- 3 months of Xbox live Gold subscription

I currently care more about the points than the subscription 'cause I only play online with friends (friends that I communicate with through IM 'cause I can't hear $#!T through the headset so good thing I only like co-op and not multiplayer crap)

There are sites that allow some people (those living in the US, Canada and forgot where else) to do some surveys and what not and get them for free, I really don't care how you get the points, only that they work. Amazon.com also sells them directly, by e-mailing you the code.

I started my internship so I have an 8-5 job like most humans do. It will last 'till November, hopefully early November. During this time I won't be able to do much if anything at all as I need to take care of my deviant art list that has been on stand by for a long while.

Obviously my PMs went to hell so Doshii I need you to send the details again. When contacting me outside of StarArmy try through deviantart or gaiaonline. I'm not using MSN anymore as it does more harm than good with it's advertising system.

This post will be edited in the future, so keep that in mind when replying.

Nice to "see" you guys again and glad that you survived.

I've got a DA account, so I'll try there next time. Glad to see you're back man.

I thought I e-mailed you those details about the commissions though. I'll dig for them in my sent box and use DA's messaging system.

*looks around* Is this the end of the line? I figured I'd get on the list now, since it looks like I'll have to wait for a while to commission Zairyo. :)

Is there anyone waiting after Jake? Should we start a new list?

Yangfan said:
*looks around* Is this the end of the line? I figured I'd get on the list now, since it looks like I'll have to wait for a while to commission Zairyo. :)

Is there anyone waiting after Jake? Should we start a new list?

There is a list here: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=guide:commissions

So besides Doshii who is outside the list 'cause he is paying himself there's:

Fian Vel Steyr (assigned to Zairyo)
Dagsuz Mannisa (assigned to Zairyo)
Melissiel Parthenopaeus (Assigned to Zairyo)

We need to figure this much out -- those characters will have to be commissioned by their creators now that Wes has (wisely) started saving funds purely for the site and not for art.

Can someone start contacting them? If not, I'll do it tonight when I get home. If they drop off the list for lack of funds or whatever, Yangfan, you should be able to move up.

Melissiel Parthenopaeus (Assigned to Zairyo)
I never assigned this character to Zairyo...

Wes has (wisely) started saving funds purely for the site and not for art.
I stopped commissioning art overall but I plan to keep commissioning Zairyo since he's been so good to us.

Since I'm the one who manages the SA commissions project, I'm the one who assigns art to artists. When I put "Assigned to XX" means I've sent the artist the details and have agreed to pay him/her.

If the SACP isn't paying for the art, it doesn't belong on the SACP wiki page.

This is exactly why I'm suggesting the formation of a new list, consisting of paying customers. (I apologize if that came off as snobby. I don't know how to re-phrase it.) ^_^

Now that Wes is putting the SARP commissions program on hold, the old list doesn't really reflect which artist is slated to draw which character any more.

Modified Zairyo art

milesgunnts3n.png

Last edited:
I'm posting a Price Guide on my DeviantArt page and I'm using this image as a sample of cel-shading.

aimg101.imageshack.us_img101_5458_5usdcelshadingex8.png

Thought you guys might want it first (since the CSS for the journal is not ready yet)

Doshii Jun said:
Oh yeah, Zairyo -- can I e-mail you those references?
PM or note if you can please. I have my inboxes filled with crap and new mails kinda get pushed by crap. Sadly it is crap that I subscribed to. :p

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

I finished most of the price Guide. Had to check when was it that I posted the image. Overall it took me over 8 hours to get "everything" done.

Here's the link for those of you that are curious:
http://zairyo.deviantart.com/journal/16482220/

And this is a preview for those of you that are too lazy to check:
lol just kidding

RPG-D RPGfix
Back