Height: 6' 4
Weight: 185 lbs.
Build and Skin Color: Invariably the largest person in the room with broad shoulders and thick limbs. His body is well toned from exercise with a slightly tanned coloration.
Facial Features and Eye Color: Minoru's facial features can best be described as “open” and “inviting”, though with a few lines here and there from care and worry. His glacial blue eyes are soft and bright.
Hair Color and Style: Chin length sandy brown hair, worn swept back over his head.
Distinguishing Features: His great height is his most distinctive feature. Being Yamataian, he is often disbelieved upon saying that it is based on his height when he was a Geshrin.
First and foremost, Minoru is a man of his word. Every oath and promise is held as sacred, once given his word is iron clad. He will not bend on it, or apologize for fulfilling it. As such, having sworn to uphold the 17 Principles of the Physician, Minoru is a pacifist. He will not harm another living being. This does not make him any less the soldier he has also sworn to be, however. His definition of pacifism is such that he will still readily open fire on an enemy, taking care to miss every shot, to provide suppressive fire, intimidate people with his size, or even bluff with a threat to kill. He simply refuses to actually cause direct harm. He sees absolutely no conflict in this and in fact the clarity of focus he feels in his life gives him a palpable sense of serenity. He is calm, unflappable in even the most violent storm. And while he doesn't necessarily volunteer information about himself, he is quite open and approachable when asked, a very inviting person. When in a stressful situation, Minoru has the tendency to recite the 17 Principles to himself as a calming mantra.
Likes: Working, solving puzzles (with and without help), sleight of hand “magic” tricks
Dislikes: Guns, Ostentatious behavior, Surprises, Mishhuvurthyar
Goals: Though unattainable, to achieve a world without a need for either doctors or soldiers.
Akechi Hachiro (Father)
Akechi Yoshiko (Mother)
As an only child, it was a foregone conclusion that Minoru would follow in his father's footsteps to become a doctor, a fate he didn't mind in the least. Born on Geshrintall as a, believe it or not, Geshrin, Minoru's family instilled in him early on a pride in his nation as well as a sense of duty and honor. His mother had, in fact, been a soldier before severe injury forced her to retire. She had found a kindred spirit in her doctor and they eventually married. They taught their son that doctors and soldiers were not really all that different. Both struggled constantly for a world where they were not needed. This attitude and sense of responsibility and duty shaped Minoru throughout his life. It was in fact, their teachings that directly lead to Minoru enlisting in the Star Army directly after graduating from Medical School, transferring into a Yamataian body at roughly the same time.
After the battle, Minoru was assigned a single seat Teisatsu fighter for his continued use in the squadron. Being that he has only average piloting skills himself, Minoru is currently spending much time in the simulators in the attempt to bring his piloting skills up to snuff.
Minoru is familiar with basic radio operation and procedures and can make transmissions to and receive transmissions from other characters through headsets, starships, power armor, and shuttles in both combat and non-combat conditions. He is fluent in Nepleslian and Yamataian. He can speak and write both correctly and efficiently and can write reports, fill forms, issue orders under fire, etc.
Minoru received hand-to-hand combat training, followed up with a rigorous training program. He is skilled and experienced in combat both in Yamatai-like conditions and in zero-gravity, with and without weapons. Weapons he is trained in include energy pistols, knives, and power armor. He finds, to his annoyance, that his surgically trained hands and eyes are an asset in this.
Minoru is capable of operating any computer system that uses the Kessaku OS, found on all Star Army starships. He is proficient in entering and/or searching for information.
Minoru received basic mathematics training, to including up to algebra and trigonometry.
Minoru has undergone intensive training in the practice of Medicine, ultimately leading to his possession of an MD. As such he is, while not a specialist, versed in surgery, anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and clinical medicine. He is able to give triage, first aid, and consultations on exercise and physical therapy.
Thanks to his exercise regime, Minoru is in superb physical condition. He is both very strong while also maintaining good endurance through pacing and aerobic exercises. Proper warm ups have also ensured that he is still quite limber and speedy, despite what his size would have one think.
Minoru has always enjoyed sleight of hand tricks ever since he was a child, entertaining his parents with them. This has continued through out his adult life and Medical training, with the added bonus of the increased hand eye coordination brought about by practicing his “magic” assisting in his training in surgery. Minoru is adept and well versed in a variety of card and coin tricks, vanishing items, and even a little bit of fire-based magic.
All items in the section below come with a belt pouch, case, sheath or holster as applicable.
These items are expendable and can be reissued whenever needed. These will not need to be returned.
|3000 KS||Starting Funds|
(Based on the real life 17 Rules of Enjuin.)
The 17 Principles of the Physician:
1: I shall follow the path which Heaven has set before me.
2. Ever shall I be devoted to showing kindness and love to all people.
3. Only those of exceptional ethic and skill are worthy to teach or practice Medicine.
4. The secrets of my teachers and my patients shall never pass my lips, even under every duress.
5. I shall not form association with any false Physician.
6. I shall teach my children and successors to uphold in pride these principles.
7. Should I forsake the practice of Medicine, or should my children choose not to follow in my footsteps upon my Death, all of my learning shall be returned to my teachers.
8. Never shall I harm a living creature.
9. Never shall I use a poison or deadly drug, even if asked by the patient, and even if under all duress.
10. I shall treat all people, even my most deadly foe. All my patients shall be as dear to me as my own child.
11. I shall not seek fame nor fortune in the practice of Medicine. I shall never rebuke any patient who gives no payment for my skills.
12. I shall have no vain pride. I shall be joyous should my patient be cured by another where I have failed.
13. I shall never speak ill of others who practice Medicine.
14. Never will my eyes hold immorality when examining a patient.
15. Without the permission of my teacher, I shall not divulge the specifics of what I have learned about Medicine, proper or not. Incomplete knowledge will serve only to harm.
16. I shall not seek extravagance for Avarice impedes the practice of Medicine.
17. Should I forsake my sacred oath I shall be unworthy to practice Medicine. Oath-breakers have no place on this path Heaven has set.