This is an old revision of the document!
<WRAP center round important 60%> This article is a work in progress; It is currently not approved as canon. </WRAP>
Rokin Isles refers to a chain of 4 volcanic islands located on the Southwestern ocean shelf on Planet Nepleslia, due west of the continent of Chusset. Most of the Rokin isles are sparsely populated with Haven van Inktvis possessing the majority of the Isles' population. It has a warm tropical climate and an abundance of public beaches. There are over 300 varieties of fish living the waters around the Rokin Isles lending to a flourishing fishing industry.
Natural born Rokin Islanders tend to favor medium to dark skintones, dark eyes and dark or red hair with a laid back attitude. Clones from the Processing plants have no set default physical description.
Voorn is a largely submerged atoll, with one islet located approximately 140 mi northwest of Haven von Inktvis. The atoll is about 15 mi long and nearly 6 mi wide, with a lagoon area of 64 mi² and a total area including reef flat of 64 mi². A channel leads into the lagoon from near the northern side of the reef.
When the tide is falling, the water flows out of the lagoon and over the reef in all directions until the reef is uncovered, and then flows out through the channel on the northen side. On the rising tide, a reverse effect is noted. Only few parts of the reef completely dry.
Voorn Island, the only island of the reef, is located near its eastern tip about 65 ft to 140 ft wide and about 1300 ft long. The densely wooded island of coconut palms that sits atop a sand dune, which is 0.15 mi².
Voorn is a nesting spot for sea birds and sea turtles. Its rich sea life and vivid purple coral formations make it a popular diving spot, only accessible by private charter twice a day from the North Shore of Haven van Inktvis due to wildlife protection sanctions.
Island approximately 20 mi to the west of Haven van Inktvis. At 45 mi wide and 15 mi long, it is one of the smaller islands in the chain. The local industry is tourism with waterfalls, hot springs and beaches on a semi-dormant volcano.
Haven van Inktvis is named for the large concentrations of bio-luminescent squid that live in the vast underwater caverns and old volcano tubes beneath the island. It has the largest concentration of people of all the Rokin Isles and the largest land mass of 75 mi wide and 90 mi long and and is home to a Rokin Isles Biological Processing Center which takes up 50% of the island's land mass. A large airport located adjacent to the plant allows for quick shipment of clones and supplies. 75% of the population works at either the airport or the processing plant. The remaining 25% are locals that work the water shipping lanes and support the installation with services along the southern coastline, including commercial fishing and salvaging. Most of the tourist charters are located on the Northwestern corner of Haven on North Shore. On the southern shore is a small town called, Stolvin1).
Haven is a place that people go to work and they get few tourists that aren't transiting or getting a charter to one of the other islands in the area, Hemel being the most popular.
Haai is the smallest island in the Rokin Isles and is unpopulated. It is a popular location for Nepleslian “reality” survivor shows due to its small fresh water table, venomous water snakes, sharks and carnivorous plants.
The people of the Rokin Isles have a fairly laid back attitude and have a love of spending time with their large families and eating large portions. The favorite foods are raw fish over rice and with a creamy spicy sauce; slow roasted barbecue and stuffed squid. Their hobbies tend to include water sports and other outdoor activities. Many people have no desire to leave the islands and those that do are looked at with a type of tempered disappointment.
The people tend to dress comfortably, and with the warm climate tend to wear shorts, sandals and some sort of shoulder bearing top if any at all. But every islander tends to have at least one hooded sweatshirt for a chilly morning or evening.
kim created this article on 2017/09/07 23:58.