• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Assault Armor'in time

if i did assault armor in SARP, would it count as a weapon and thus take its own weapon slot or would it be counted as a special barrier system that wont take a weapon slot.
its literally just you compressing your barrier and release it into a blast

It depends.

If say you were doing it with say a Mindy, then that's not a native capability and you would probably need a module of some sort. However, I could see an armor being designed such that the barrier system is natively designed to do that. How many slots and what type and such is very variable at the PA scale. The reason for that is because the amors are often modular and say a teleportation module or a shield boost module aren't weapons.

Doesn't the Mindy's teleportation basically do this already where it creates a blast at the site where Mindy appears due to telefragging the air in the destination location? In the RP, there's a flash of heat and light and pressure when a Mindy arrives. It sounds like StrikeWyvern is talking about a more intense version of that using layered shields to create it.

Yes, (Although to my knowledge we haven't established exactly how intense it is in terms of DR/range). It's something I'd consider to be "built in" to the Mindy. If he's creating something new, he could similarly build it in. However, the Mindy doesn't have the layered shield burst built in and so would probably need a module for it.

That should be placed on the teleportation module's wiki article, good information to reference.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back