• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character (Kaiyō) Morgana Faelan

One thing is I'm not sure she'd get into SAAMMS on good scores alone, she would need nomination from someone.

So as I said in DMs, the captain of the Kaiyo, Hoshi, has not been willing to take on new recruits for awhile because she likes the sense of camaraderie as it is with the skeleton crew I'm running. After this reconquesting, this class will ask to join and Hoshi will be like, "dayum Aiko what'd you do? I'll take them but not all of them." I just don't want to be too heavy-handed with making Morgana want anything specific. But is it possible she wanted to join up on this specific ship? It helps me make it make sense after not having crew for so long.

I'm trying to decide on what more I could say about Hanako's World that could go into the character page right now.

but if you have any idea of the specifics of was a Science Officer would do in that op let me know and I'll add it in.
I'm trying to decide on what more I could say about Hanako's World that could go into the character page right now.
Alongside her fellow sciences cadet Tamahagane Hisako, she might have been responsible for cataloguing several new species of plants and fish that emerged during the Kuvexian occupation and were initially discovered by the Asamoya's makeshift crew. The blowing stuff up part of my plot is coming soon enough, so without joining the current thread you might find it hard to detail combat-oriented participation. But I can spoilerz that I was going to have Hisako do that science-y stuff as a little background flavor mention if Morgana here wants in on it.

She might have also manned sensors on a shift or two.
(AKA Crimson Levi)
Just as a note, it's "levy." Like taxes. Because all things cost blood, baybee. Levi is a Jewish surname.

One thing is I'm not sure she'd get into SAAMMS on good scores alone, she would need nomination from someone.

The process I'm familiar with in the ADF has you go to an Officer Selection Board based on the recommendation of a recruiter. The current Minister of Defense and Governor-General then have to sign off on your commission before you go to the Academy. You don't get in on scores alone, they do character assessments at each level (though I think the Govenor-general and Minster of Defense rubber stamp).

We could put there she was referred to a specific senator by a recruiter. They are player characters or NPCs though and I'm wary about imposing on the history of other's.

So as I said in DMs, the captain of the Kaiyo, Hoshi, has not been willing to take on new recruits for awhile because she likes the sense of camaraderie as it is with the skeleton crew I'm running. After this reconquesting, this class will ask to join and Hoshi will be like, "dayum Aiko what'd you do? I'll take them but not all of them." I just don't want to be too heavy-handed with making Morgana want anything specific. But is it possible she wanted to join up on this specific ship? It helps me make it make sense after not having crew for so long.

The operation was with the crew of the Kaiyo, and the values the operation embodies is very much inline with her own. I'm more than happy to put something to the effect of "Inspired by the action of the Kaiyo crew during the operation she petitioned for a position aboard the ship, taking a posting at SARA while awaiting response."

She might have also manned sensors on a shift or two.

The main thing that comes to mind, funnily enough, is E-War. Helping improve targeting while masking the ships own signature. Its a support, background operation so personally I by that she wasn't mentioned in the operation itself. Background fairy.

Alongside her fellow sciences cadet Tamahagane Hisako, she might have been responsible for cataloguing several new species of plants and fish that emerged during the Kuvexian occupation and were initially discovered by the Asamoya's makeshift crew. The blowing stuff up part of my plot is coming soon enough, so without joining the current thread you might find it hard to detail combat-oriented participation. But I can spoilerz that I was going to have Hisako do that science-y stuff as a little background flavor mention if Morgana here wants in on it.

Yeah, that would be fine. Biology isn't her focus, but from my understanding SAAMMS Science Officer course makes you into a comprehensive generalist. Or Hisako could have been responsible for the Biological side of the survey side quest and Morgana took care of Geological aspects.

Just as a note, it's "levy." Like taxes. Because all things cost blood, baybee. Levi is a Jewish surname.

I got it. Dyslexia is a hell of a drug.

For everything you said you could do- do it, perfection. Except for the e-war thing, not sure about that.

We could put there she was referred to a specific senator by a recruiter. They are player characters or NPCs though and I'm wary about imposing on the history of other's.
@Wes would you mind having Hanako be the one that was recommended to petition to have this character join SAAMMS?

Last edited:
When you get a chance, change YSS Kyoko to da kaiwow, dreaded autocorrect.

Otherwise, approved!! First new kaiyo recruit down on the books!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back