• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Should we keep the Type 41 Assault Pack?

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
It's been about 5 years since we adopted the Type 41 Assault Pack. Immediately the first thing that I'm bugged about is there's no artwork for it. No struct so far. I had forgot it existed.

Is this something anyone's characters are currently using? I see ONE backlink to the page that's a character page, which seems small for something that's been around for a year.

Basically I'm saying should we keep this or is it extra fluff that doesn't help the RP?

If we keep it, what suggestions do you have to make it more useful, aside from the struct and art? Anyone able to help with those?

Could almost extend to the whole Hard Suit since it was designed primarily to go with that (though could be used with straps). True light infantry forces have gotten light again with the removal of Rangers, so Rikugun isn't really using either anymore. The Star Army Explorer Uniform on Star Army Space Roleplay kind of supplants it too.
Would it make sense to just merge it into the hardsuit article?

Matokai Masato - my character in Char’s Die Screaming plot - is currently using it @Wes; the reason it isn’t linked on his page is because I’m very far behind in wiki work. Sorry ><

Edit: I’m also a fan of it, because it’s a) a nice piece of fluff and b) gives me an idea as to how much gear Masato can lug around with him.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back