• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Shuristan Armament

HarperMadi

🎨 Media Gallery
RP Date
To: Taisho William Fletcher, Seventh Fleet
From: Shretas Natus, Senator, Office of National Diplomacy
CC: Khelas Nascen, Ranga Havard

~~~

It's good to finally write to you, friend. I simply wish it were under better circumstances.

I'll keep this short, as I am nearing the end of my life, and I'd wish to spend my last months with more joy. The recent Mishhu attack on Shurista raises many concerns that you may be aware of. With news from the Star Army Research Administration claiming that they did not order those samples, the implications are concerning. More concerning is that it leaves us with no leads on where that ship came from and what became of its crew. While we do not have much evidence of further activity, I am having the Civil Service sweep the affected areas in force. Their councilors were displeased by this.

What we truly need is the capability of preventing this from happening again, and the Skydasi Cults are growing in power. Rightly so. In our half million year isolation, we were relatively conflict free, save for internal struggles. But yet, when we came forward, and Turassiel was split by Kuvexians in the last war, none have heard from Katamura in months, and the growing Mishhuvurthyar threat, we have a dilemma.

The Isolationists claim we should pull back, better defend ourselves hidden between stars and out of the way. I, the Governor, and the Civil Service disagree. The Skydasi cults are right, here. We need our own defensive capabilities beyond what a handful of mining cruisers and tug boats can do. Governor Nascen is talking with SARA leads and requesting that plans be drawn up for combat ships from our mythology. our own Library technicians and Cult leaders are reverse engineering weapons technology, shielding, and armors found in our travels. What I need from the Star Army is training, and a temporary task force to defend Shurista until we bring our own combative capabilities online. And we need cohesive ship designs we can build. It is possible that we will even need advanced supermaterials such as Yama-Dura or Zesu arranged into our armoring patterns to best protect the crews of these new vessels.

We have not had an official military in five hundred thousand years. And we cannot allow them to be another branch of the Civil Service, as once the military becomes the police, the people become the enemy. So I need the expertise and advice of you and your fellows. In return, the Senti will solve your runaway bioweapons problem. Forever.

Know now that the Senti are not going to war. Nor are we going hunting. Those terms hold the implication of a possibility of defeat or failure.

The Council of Shuristan Shipbuilters will likely be in touch.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back