• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP Unexpected Pilgrimage

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
RP Location
Noria, United Norian Imperium

Restored Killiper Monuments (Noria restoration replica monuments)​

Noria, United Norian Imperium​

Shrine of Kendra​

It was peculiar to witness the size of the crowd gathered at the monuments, a turnout that remained consistent, with Teal's memorial consistently drawing a larger attendance than the others. The crimson remnants of revolution and a silent coup had only recently dried, yet everything seemed to be cleansed by the rains of reverence that fell on that day. Among the few who transitioned from Teal's Memorial to that of Kendra, the renowned warrior, and mother of Tetsuya and Rin, was Admiral Aphelion. Unlike the elaborate celebration preceding Teal's memorial, the atmosphere before Kendra's statue was more solemn and hushed. The veteran Tal'Kryso adorned her U.N.N dress uniform, with a matching overcoat to shield her from the rain. Retirement had granted her respite from the limelight, a circumstance she found entirely satisfactory.

"Hello, old friend..." Aphelion heard a familiar voice resonate within Vesper.

//"Adrin?"// she responded, a perplexed expression on her face. Rumors of the fallen Aestaesys being seen on Ayenee had circulated, but she had dismissed them, assuming them to be like previous unfounded claims. The weight of his hand on her shoulder startled her, and the rain seemed to relent behind her as his larger form provided a shield. //"I'm surprised to see you, but if there's a place not to be surprised, I suppose it's here, at least not today. There are people here this year, but why not spend it at the actual Killiper?"// she queried, easing her stance and yielding to a gentle tug that had her leaning against him.

The hood of the red-haired Eitan's charcoal fabric dripped raindrops as he concealed his features beneath it. There was another kind of rain beneath the hood, unseen and perhaps unnoticed. //"I was invited. I don't know the motives for a sudden change of heart with my son, but I suppose I will see."// Adrin responded to her inquiry, enveloping her in a surprising and affectionate embrace. It was unclear whether it was a sincere gesture or an attempt to blend in.

//"Well, if no one else says it, I will; Welcome home, my sweet Emperor. Our home has changed so much in your absence. I hope you find her kinder to you than your last visit here. Unfortunately, I am no longer in the know of things in the blessings and curses of retirement."// Aphelion remarked, gazing up at the statue of Kendra with her legendary bow poised towards the sky. She took a deep breath, opting not to question the embrace or its underlying motives. //"This rain is not showing signs of letting up. You would think they would have weather-controlled the region for today. I suppose the weather fits the mood. Let's find somewhere more private and sheltered... too many eyes and ears here,"// she suggested, noting the presence of several new Astradrim Valariel officers nearby. Like others in her position, she held opinions about the powers granted to that specific division but kept her views private, focusing on the rising stars in the Imperial Ysi.

Adrin released his hand from the Admiral's shoulder, gently disturbing her relaxed pose against him as they moved away from the monument together. He cast a final glance at the immortalized form of his beloved wife as they retraced their steps toward the main path. The place no longer felt like home, but such was the cost of change.

Took a moment due to the day to make a post, still have a lot going on but I had a minute.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back