• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

What style open RP halloween mission JP...?

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
So I'd like to do a spooky scary mission JP for Halloween and let Wes do a more social one. For my mission styled one, I wanted to know what people were interested in.

Particularly, figuring out if using their main existing characters in a way that made sense in RP is important or if it's okay to be a bit more loose and play it usual open RP style where they can all be there without much pretense. I'm also interested to hear anything else people are looking for in a halloween open rp but may not use all suggestions ^^

Everyone's somewhere like a mall or party or something on Yamatai somewhere. There's a power outage (scary itself in a post-scarcity society) and then people start DiSaPpEaRiNg! Maybe it's "one of us." Maybe it's the Ikemen harvesting new Neko bodies for sale. Maybe it's the Mishhu. Ham it up with the blood and found bodies. It'd be like survival horror Clue.

Raz has a great idea, maybe find a way to include some of Wes' spooky Mishhu Interiors into it. Meld in someplace scary ie. A Mishhu horror house where people are taken when they disappear.

I wasn't really asking for people to come up with plot ideas, I mostly just wanted to know:

"Particularly, figuring out if using their main existing characters in a way that made sense in RP is important..."

In terms of using existing characters in a Halloween RP, it really depends on the preferences of the participants. Some may prefer to stick to their main characters and find ways to incorporate them into the Halloween theme, while others might want to create new characters specifically for the event.

Ultimately, it's important to communicate with your RP partners and come to a consensus on what style of play you all want to go with. If everyone is open to a more loose and casual approach, where characters can be present without much pretense, then that could work well for an open RP. However, if some participants prefer a more immersive experience where their main characters are involved in a way that makes sense in the RP world, then it would be important to honor that.

In the end, the most important thing is that everyone is on the same page and having fun with the Halloween RP.

No, more like what the bot said. It really gets me ;;_;;
If everyone is open to a more loose and casual approach, where characters can be present without much pretense, then that could work well for an open RP. However, if some participants prefer a more immersive experience where their main characters are involved in a way that makes sense in the RP world, then it would be important to honor that.

Though my natural state is to consider logisitics, I CAN throw that out the window when asked

I'm not on call halloween, but I am on call halloween weekend
AHHH I NEVER GET TO GO TO HALLOWEEN PARTIES AND GET TRASHED

RPG-D RPGfix
Back