• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Kenda Nall

Rine

Inactive Member
Name: Kenda Nall

General Information
Species: Geshrin

Family/Creators:
Parents: Mara(Mother) and Kenji(Father) Nall [Alive, residing in Tania]

Faction: Star Army of Yamatai
Current Assignment: None

Physical Characteristics
Height: English: 6'0" Metric: 1.8 Meters
Weight: English: 160 lb. Metric: 72.5 kg.

Build and Skin Color: Slightly Muscular, Caucasian
Face and Eye Color: Broad face, slight goatee. Black
Hair color and Style: Green, Cut just above the neck.

Distinguishing Features:
A slight tic in his left eye, doesn't affect his vision, and has be to looked at closely or for an extended period to be noticed.
Psychological Characteristics
Personality:
Kenda is a rather introverted young man, staying to himself around people he is not completely comfortable with and giving minimal responses until he begins to trust others. This is more of a personal trust than professional, as he will still trust the soldier to save his life that he doesn't say much to. He opens up and is quite a warm person to those he begins to like and trust, and if someone brings up mathematics or his work, he will most likely talk their ear off till they are sick of hearing about the logistics of supply and demand for military ships. His memory tends to make him very organized in his work, for others sake, and seemingly unorganized in his personal effects (he knows exactly where they are, under that pile, to the left of the calculator).
Likes: Math, Challenging work, Having his talents recognized.
Dislikes: Being dismissed, having his order disrupted.
Goals: To be challenged in whatever work he does.

History
Kenda was born on Yamatai, in the city of Tania. He was raised in what is still a loving family, who owned a small electronics/mechanical store in the city. He started working at the store as soon as he was of an age responsible enough for it, and has worked there for twelve years before joining up with the Star Army. He worked practically every job in the store during his stay, including sales, stocking, cleaning, and purchasing, under the guidance of his parents. After his work in his parents store, he decided that the work there wasn't quite a challenge for him, so seeking better use of his memory and math aptitude, he joined the Star Army with his parents blessings.
Skills:
# Communication: Kenda is familiar with basic radio operation and procedures and can make transmissions to and receive transmissions from other characters through headsets, starships, power armor, and shuttles in both combat and non-combat conditions. Kenda character is fluent in English, (and if a Nekovalkyrja, Japanese). He can speak and write both correctly and efficiently and can write reports, fill forms, issue orders under fire, etc. In addition to this, his communications skills also extend to a pretty much introductory course in the red tape of ordering supplies for a military ship.
# Fighting and Physical: Kenda received hand-to-hand combat training by way of loading all the necessary related knowledge into the soldier's memory, and then following up with a rigorous training program. He is skilled and experienced in combat both in Yamatai-like conditions and in zero-gravity, with and without weapons. Weapons he is trained in include energy pistols, knives, and power armor.
# Information Technology: Kenda is capable of operating any computer system that uses the Kessaku OS, found on all Star Army starships. He is proficient in entering and/or searching for information.
# Mathematics: Kenda received basic mathematics training, to including up to algebra and trigonometry. In addition to this, he took classes while working at his parent's store to learn up to calculas and statistics to help in the financial aspects of the business. He also has a mental knack for math, which allows him to do middling complex equations in his head with a fair amount of accuracy, including high algebra with large numbers.
#Art and Vocations: Having worked at his parent's store for several years, sometimes buying or selling inventory, he developed quite a bairganing aptitude. This is not so far as to be an overbearing salesman, but he knows how much he can get out of someone usually, and can negotiate to a situation that will make both sides happy while still getting what he wants out of the deal.
#Domestic: As an employee in the electronics shop, he developed the good habits of organizing his work area quite well with a detailed filing system, and keeping it very clean. Due to his memory (listed below) when he works, he can generally refer someone to where an object is located in the storehouse without much effort if he placed it there himself, and knows how to clean around delicate equipment without damaging them.
#Knowledge: Kenda is blessed with a rather photographic memory, allowing him to give dates and times for practically all recent transactions he has done, and sometimes recite recent conversations from memory. This allows him the rather odd ability to recite how much he recently ordered of a specific part while eating lunch, without consulting any computer resources.

I'm very, very tempted to approve of this character right away.

I'd like to hear Thad's opinion first, though.

Thats fine, ive been worried sick about doing this character right, so im glad to at least hear a positive opinion about it from someone i havent rped with for years ^^;

A positive thing from Jadg is a some what common thing, which normally follows him muttering am murmering about the character's Bio and his almost nazi-esk mindset about how events in said histories should be roleplayed out all the time...

Cora, if you think I'm being a nazi now, I'd like to see how you'd have reacted before I was forced to change my "antagonistic writing style." I've been approving of (not approving, you know) characters because they've been getting a lot better. If you people think I'm going soft, well....

Oh yeah, the character. Yangfan's judged right, this is a very nice one. Great history, interesting. Excellent job. Have fun.

Good character, no details that need to be RPed out, intresting history, and a different personality. Good. Hope to see you on one of the plots.

Hey, I'm not trying to pick a fight, but, from what I've seen in the older Bios, you are more likeable then back when, which kinda makes me glad I showed up now more then ever.

Character approved!

Congrats, you have the first character that I've ever approved. :D

Please look through the various plot arcs and let the GMs know which one you'd want to join. Oh yeah, and welcome to the RP. :)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back