• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: The Fringe [Chapter 4.0] - Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diner

Shrie took a few moments to calm down, her eyes then oblibously looked at what other watched. The best fork in her hands, and only then she realised what she did. Immediately she looked apologeticly at Sam and other. She then proceeded to straighten the fork without much effort. "I am sorry," she said out loud. "I just hate disrespect." With that she looked into her plate and proceeded to eat.

Diner 9

Seth watched Gaz's display with his face trembling. Unable to contain himself any more he laughed. The laugh went on for several seconds before he finally gained control of himself. "That's quite alright," he replied while wiping his eyes. Seth picked up his coffee with a slightly trembling hand and sipped it for a moment. "That was interesting. I wonder what got into him," he jokingly said to everyone.

Diner 9

Six Four was oblivious to Gaz being at the table, its focus on the slowly disappearing mess of food on the plate in front of it. Suddenly it stopped, setting the spoon on a napkin next to the plate and folded its hands together and directed its view towards Tam again.

"This one apologizes, it was a bit distracted by this culinary concoction. You mentioned something about an RRF and a forbidden art? Did you practice voodoo? Or perhaps that form of music what was it called. Something about stepping and dubs."

Tam replied with a slight chuckle "Not precisely, it is a forbidden art in the Union known as the art of murder. We regularly ingest small quantities of virulent toxins so that our bodies develop a resistance to them and begin to secrete them from the talons. The RRF is the Gartagen Rapid Reaction Force, we are an elite unit generally considered to be one of the best, it is somewhat similar I believe to the Nepleslian Marine Corps. We are a separate armed force from the Army and tend to do a large amount of shipboard fighting and training."

Diner

Shrie looked at Sam again, while she chew her steak-bacon-sausage monstrosity. She swallowed and wiped her lips with a napkin. "Sam," she said. "What will you do next? Found work?" It was simple question, she just wanted to keep the talk moving. He just said he did odd jobs and that he arrived. Maybe he had something interesting going on, that captain might want to know about.

Diner 9

Seth took a bite of his burger and slowly chewed it as he considered Shrie's question. After swallowing he quietly burped into his napkin while pretending to wipe his mouth. "I haven't found anything yet. The way I see it, I'll probably continue looking for a couple of days and then hitch a ride to somewhere else. I used to do security so I might be able to go back to that. Why, are you guys lookin' for work as well?" He asked with a somewhat more serious tone than he had been using before.

Diner 9

"Not really," Shrie replied and shrugged. She was busy cutting off another piece of steak. "Although. Captain might look for work. I do not know. She has... her own mind. Maybe Six-Four knows." The lorath said and nodded at the Freespacer across the table. Meanwhile she also cut a piece of sausage, stabbed both the steak and sausage together and put it in her mouth.

Diner 5+4

At the mention of its name Six Four looked over at Shire. "Perhaps." It said tapping its 'chin' , "More hands on the ship would reduce the workload and most likely the obvious stress induced anxiety she is under. Sanity levels would become more normal as well. " The doctor mumbled to itself a bit more before speaking up again. "This one believes a meeting with the captain would be a good idea."

Diner 3x3

Shrie finished chewing and swallowed. She stabbed a potato and put some tartar sauce. "Miss Six. Why don't call captain. She might want to meet Sam." The lorath suggested before she put the piece of potato in her mouth.

Diner 13-4

"Before you do that, can you tell me what your captain is like," Seth asked. He was perfectly fine with meeting her, but it would help if he knew a little about her personality.

Diner 9

"Doctor." Six Four said before pulling out its handy dandy [strike]notebook [/strike] datapad and tapping a message to the captain.

"The captain is hmm." Six Four said pausing as it thought, "Interesting. Cannot tell if she deals with the crew with a necessarily evil or just contempt. Also may be a bit of a sociopath she did space a former member of the crew then again his motives were questionable."

Six Four tittered on for a bit, mumbling stuff about 'observations' and other medical mumbo jumbo before it realized what it was doing and settled back down intertwining its hands. "Over all though this one believes that she is an above standard captain, also a fun specimen to study."

Diner 9

"Captain is...." Shrie said, scratching her head in thought. "Careful. But she took me in the crew, so she is not bad. It is just that... her trust is something you have to... work for. I was also suprised to get paid so much." Shrie was honest, since this man might ask for employment on their ship. She did not know him too well, but on the other hand it would be Captain's job to decide if she wants to take him on board or not.

Diner 9

"Well," Seth said trying to decide on the words he wanted to use. "She sounds like she isn't that bad and knows what she's doing. I guess it wouldn't hurt to meet her then. Do you guys run cargo or something along those lines?" He was rather interested in meeting this captain. It sounded like an opportunity to leave this place and go somewhere new on top of meeting people. You could never have too many acquaintances Seth decided.

Diner 9

"Hmm," Shrie thought. She patter her lips with the fork, forming the answer in her head. As usual this took several seconds before she replied. "Sal-va-ge. Yes, that. I met the crew during that. Cargo too. Last mission turned into a rescue mission. But yes, mostly cargo I think."

Diner 9

"So not only are you kind diner people but heroes as well. This captain of yours must be pretty good to be able to handle such a range of jobs. How much longer were you guys planning on staying here?" Seth asked interestedly. The more he found out about this group the more amazed he was becoming. Whoever these people were, they weren't your average working people that was for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back