• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Suggestion Create A Wiki Article on Cargo for Star Army

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
This suggestion is to create a page for cargo, because there's a ton of cargo-related articles but no central article for them, which is something that probably should exist as part of explaining the setting in general (the Star Army wiki has a lot of specific little pieces but lately I've noticed it struggles in the area of overviews on how the setting works as a whole).

The cargo article could include:
  • Overview on cargo and cargo types
    • RORO
    • Containerized/Intermodal
      • Standardized Starship Cago Containers (SSCCs)
    • Bulk
    • Break-Bulk
  • How widely available FTL affects cargo in the setting (e.g. why it's not always prohibitively expensive to ship things to other planets in SARP).
  • What resources people/groups are shipping in the Star Army universe.
    • The question of "can it be made or made cheaper locally?"
    • Food
    • People
    • Military Assets
    • Raw Materials/Connection to Mining
  • List of shipping companies
    • Trinary Star etc.
  • List of cargo ship types or a link to one
  • List of cargo and shipping related occupation pages
  • List of international standards related to cargo
  • OOC Credits
I'm looking for a volunteer to make this article. If not, I'll make it myself when I have time.

I enjoy doing this sort of thing, I'd be happy to volunteer.

I'll ask for folks to volunteer to help out, even if they can only do one or two little things. Teamwork makes the dreamwork! If you're reading this and you'd be willing to donate some time, please reach out to me.

If someone else out there saw this message too late and wanted to do this themselves, I'm also happy to step back from it and let them take it on.

Edit: I see the 'Love' Emoji from Wes, so I'm taking that as permission to move forward with this. I'll be seeking volunteers (or taking conscripts) to help me with this project. Again, the above note still applies if someone else sees this opportunity and really wants to do it instead. Cheers!

Last edited:
Feedback requested on the WIP Cargo article, which is the subject of this thread.

I think I've got a halfway decent article started.

If the article is missing a cargo ship or trade hub or something else that you (the reader of this post) feel is notable, I didn't leave it out on purpose, so please don't take personal offense. I probably just didn't know about the thing you think is missing.

I didn't include content from defunct factions found on this list.

@Wes The section about "how widely available FTL affects cargo in the setting (e.g. why it's not always prohibitively expensive to ship things to other planets in SARP)" is one I think I'll need to leave to you, or to others who can write about the topic more eloquently.

That section is here: Cargo on Star Army Space Roleplay

Thanks in advance for thoughts and feedback!

Seems like the perfect time to work on Ryu Shipping Lines more.

Seems like the perfect time to work on Ryu Shipping Lines more.
Great! Yeah, I think you should feel free to add them to Shipping Companies whenever you feel they're ready.

Shenhong City did get a mention as a Trade Hub in the Major Trade Hubs section, please feel free to edit that entry if there are any inaccuracies or if you'd like to change the phrasing.

Added a few more cargo types as per suggestions from Sosina. Medical stuff, biohazards, a note about living ‘cargo’.

Removed an unnecessary value statement in the section about RORO (Sosina suggestion).

Added Kyopelinvuori as a trade hub (Ame suggestion), as well as Yicuqibu I (Sosina suggestion).

Re-nested some sections for easier readability (Ame).

Created a section for Transportation tech (Ame). Folks should please feel free to add other teleportation techs to that section as they see fit.

Added some details about Yamataian law (arose from a discussion with Ame and Harper about this topic)

Added art generated by Nakshatra and Charaa (Thanks to you both!)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back