• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 2] Conquest of Halna, Upgrades to the Ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Deep space data?" Blueberry asked. "We are primarily focusing on short to mid-range sensor sweeps, with a focus on finding other ships...although system charting is also a priority. Remember although we are exploring, Eucharis is a warship and combat-related sensors are our number-one priority." Blueberry looked done at the assembly lone, "Personally, I have wondered what it would be like to go on a prolonged, long-distance exploration mission. I suppose our upcoming exploration missions might give us a taste of that."

Re: [Mission 2] Conquest of Halna

"I know what our primary focus is, but any extra way we can help the fleet. There are a lot of methods to use." Misaki stopped and stared at Blueberry, "I don't know if I could get used to a mission like that." Exploration was fine, but she was reminded again until days earlier her life had been nothing but a war. Born into one, she never thought she would transcend it.

"Anyway, the extra data will be helpful. Even if we don't go far we can still see things more clearly depending where we are."

"We'll start with the underside." With first couple strips of the scanner completed, Blueberry climbed down a ladder from the catwalk and took them in her arms, and began to head through the doors into the zero-gravity passageway and into the ventral airlock, waiting for Misaki to join her.

Misaki grabbed a toolkit before going after the sprite, trying to push away the nagging thoughts about her life. There was too much work to do, and by dinnertime she'd probably forget. The woman was looking forward to that most, it felt like there wasn't a spare moment since she'd stepped on board.

That was life on a starship, though. "Ready." Misaki said as the airlock sealed behind her by mental command.

There was an eerie light as the airlock opened: hyperspace.

"Don't tumble into the bubble," Blueberry warned, her tone very serious. She floated out into the vaccum and down the hull making her way up to the aft end of the triangle formed by the cargo bay. "We should bring bags or something," she realized, having to hold some of the sensor strips between her thighs as she started fixing the first one to the hull. "By the way, Kaori and Kaede and getting the dorsal array."

"Do I look like the clumsy type?" Misaki asked quietly, confirming that the two sprites were working on the other array. When they began working, Misaki helped by holding one of the strips, looking out at the bubble for a moment between settings. "We'll go back in once we get confirmation from Hanako Taisa that they're all passing checks."

Watching hyperspace that way was haunting, and she couldn't keep from straying her eyes to it. "That's beautiful..I wonder if I could do that to someone's hair." Capturing it would be hard, even for the type of 'artist' the soldier was.

"We will have to go back in a few times to get more sensor strips, then the armored covers," Blueberry pointedout. "The Taisa sure is putting a lot of effort into this ship. I think she doesn't want to lose it like the Plumeria."

"We'll see if we can get a few more parts out at one time." Misaki stood up and examined the first strips. "What happened to it? I know some, but not everything." The officer was going to have to keep a copy of modifications to the Eucharis in her personal files.

"We went out to investigate an enemy ship's hyperspace trail and were ambushed. It went very badly. First they used a subspace torpedo to slam the shields. After the shields were down, they hit the ship very hard with scalar rays. It killed almost everything," Blueberry explained. "Thankfully, the Eucharis has been specially modified to prevent this from happening again."

"I want us to do as little dying as possible, let's not make a habit out of it...the other people can die." A simple philosophy that the woman had lost several limbs to, but true to live by. Things in the war had been that easy.

"I'll get some more." She went back to the airlock, returning a few minutes later with the newer sensor strips, manging to get more than their first go. She set a few delicately down on the hull, and handed one to Blueberry. "I'll take a look at other tactical improbabilities, the list of what could happen to us when we have time-maybe there are a few more tweaks we can make. I want this to be home not a memorial."

When the Eucharis finally arrived at Gemini Star Fortress, in orbit of Ketsurui Sanctuary, Hanako didn't stay long. After taking on some fresh provisions, Eucharis headed out into the recently-named Hanako Nebula to explore UX-21, a star system deep within the blue-green cloud...

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back