• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 22.2] Echoes of the Past - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
PA bay

"Oh I can do it just fine, however for the duration of the scan I'll be practically useless. To process the drone data in realtime will require my perception to be divided between my own body and those of the drones. Thats why I suggested two drones a piece since with your perception split three ways is about the limit before you become a combat liability. With four drones I'll be able to do basic things such as avoiding walking into walls, but nothing more complex then that and the chance I miss something important would roughly increase by a factor of four. I'm willing to do so however should it be necessary. I would suggest choosing another to take my place as second in command in such a situation, as I feel I would be stretched much too thin to perform my needed duties."

Truthfully Kale didnt have an accurate measure of just how disorienting it would be. In training you were never asked to go beyond three drones. Ah well, in the name of science and all that. Still, the engineer updated his memory backup. At least if he died he'd know what not to do next time as he awaited the final decision of his squad leader.

Armour Bay

Taharial listened to everyone as she slowly got into her armour and just tried to get used to it as this was her first proper power armour, as she got use to the functions for it and the mechanics for she didn't have a SPINE interface to make her work easier. Taharial smiled then frowned as she looked at the others "one thing, as the only proper medic, I might need to get back her quickly with some if would past the point of field medkits being enough..... I am wondering what should happen then, because if I leave the group with the wounded person, that is dangerous because of what would be attacking, plus as kitten pointed out the tunnels changed so it might be useless leaving the group" she felt like she wouldn't be much help as a medic on this mission but she could still fight.

Taharial walked to the door and looked over at the other ship, she felt weird looking at the 'dead' ship "you said there was organic matter in the ship, w-what if the ship is actually a living creature....." it was a weird thought but could it of been true that the ship in front of them use to be an hulking creature.

PA Bay

Aikiko, once suited up and ready, moved to stand next to Taharial, looking over the wreck before them. She listened to the others talk and discuss various things. She was busy running her own scans on the structure of the wrecked ship to find the weakest point to make an opening without using to much explosives.

If there was an organic enity inside the ship. It'll make its precense known once the shrapnel of her explosive goes flying. If it was still alive.

"If we have to force our way inside using explosive. It'll react if it still alive. Not to mention it'll bleed out quite quick. If dead. It'll burn if there is air to sustain the fire." Aikiko spoke softly in her usual manner as she studied the wrecked ship from her spot.

Power Armour Bay

"Thanks for the input, Kale-Hei." Tsuguka just shrugged. She visibly had to stop her armored gauntlet from scratching her bare head reflexively. "Admittedly the most complicated thing I've done with one is use it to peer around a corner." It was true, making one of her combat elements into a walking liability wasn't such a fantastic idea from a tactical standpoint.

"How's this... If you both dump your scout's telemetry records into my system, I'll keep a window open with all of the map data overlapped into a three dimensional model. We can send it back to the Eucharis in real time, too." It was obvious why most teams didn't do this. During an actual large scale battle, the deluge of ever-shifting data would be absolute chaos. But with just the five of them, it seemed apt for quick on-the-scene fire control. "If things really go to hell, and turn into another melee, I want the entire team to pull back to me. At that point, such a system wouldn't be useful anymore regardless."

Taking a moment to clasp her helmet into place, Toyoe turned to face Taharial and regarded her with a newly hollow, electronically distorted voice.

"If anyone is mortally wounded, we should definitely be pulling back as a group. If that isn't viable, and it turns into a close-range brawl, well... Akiashiro-Hei can assist such a rapid retreat. She's the most experienced with actual tunnel navigation and CQC anyway. That's part of why I sent her last time."

Armor Bay

Mitsuko couldn't seem to find any further information about this planet. Giving up for now, she returned her attention to the group, and their discussion. "If you send the drones' feed back to the Eucharis, I could monitor them from the bridge's science station. Combined with the feeds from your armors, I should be able to more comfortably create a fully realized model here, with Charisma doing the...um, heavy lifting." She nodded at her own suggestion. "Additionally, I could keep an eye on the ship's sensors. I'm still worried about possible native life. Or anything that ship might have brought with it." The worries about the medic reminded her of something else. "We should also be within teleportation range. Perhaps two jumps, if you're deep inside."

PA Bay

Aikiko stood in the open bay door as the red sunlight making her Mindy Armor look blood-spattered amidst the mottled pattern of blacks, greys and dirty white now tinged crimson. She listened to Tsuguka speak to the others as she listened in to the others have their say.

She waited patiently, running through the various configurations of placing the explosive for maximum effect. She would have to hand make shapecharges when this mission was over, Maybe even recommend to get high grade thermal putty to burn through high density ship armored hull plating. She loved the stuff as it was a lot more safer for the others and easier to use.

Power Armor Bay

As the team continued to try to get organized, the two extra shuttles could be seen streaking up and away through thin atmosphere and into the stars above.

When they were out of sight, Hanako silently headed back into the ship, returning to her usual spot in the center of the ship's bridge.

Bridge

The captain returned and pulled up an exterior camera image on the main screen, looking out over the ship's main cannon at the tan and blue rocks and the metallic alien ship buried in a dry lake of sand and jagged crystal bits. The pinkish light from the red sun give the world a surreal look to the desolate, threatening terrain.

She called down to the armor bay. "You may deploy when ready."

Power Armor Bay

Tsuguka bowed to the Shosho as they exited, then faced back towards Mitsuko approvingly. "That works. Makes it easier to call upon artillery strikes, too."

Upstairs on the bridge's science console a connection request was already blinking upon the screen, as it was with Ulvson and Kale's HUD systems. The groundwork was in place, now it was time to see how this little experiment played out.

"If everyone is fully loaded, then we are ready to go." Breaking off from the group, the armored neko then took her place next to Aikiko, spinning a free hand in the air in order to get everyone's attention. " If there are no further requests or ideas, I'm calling it. Time to get out there."

PA Bay:

Aikiko moved aside to make room for Tsuguka to join her. Even though there ws already room for more than one to stand there. She felt relieved that the Ex-Mish Neko was one of the few that had left.

As for the others she had mixed feelings as it depleted the numbers and skills to call upon in time of need. But then she was used to that as the UOCPF was always shorthanded during its demise and then running as a privateer to keep the ship up and running, till it turn came as crew jumped ship for a better life and the Captain called it quits. Finally scattering the what was left of the crew to the 6 winds.

Cabin 3

Natsumi was lazy at getting out of bed, even after Stark was out and getting dressed, the neko took her time, stretching and eventually rolling out of bed. She did not have a fresh uniform if her own to change into and wanted a shower before she went on duty. So as she gathered up her underwear and uniform she manifested a volumetric image of a uniform around her otherwise naked body.

She folded up her clothes and set them aside with her boots, belt and cap, then picked up the other sandwich, taking a few bites. "Well, I'd be fine with that, but Blackberry has the night watch and she is the senior most officer on the ship after the Shosho" Natsumi frowned and worked on another bite from her sandwich, thinking. "Well, we will have to think of something... Want to go take a shower?" she asked, standing.

PA Bay

"Alright. Routing the data links now." he stated. "3... 2... 1... initialising MEGAMI central uplink. You should be getting a feed though right about... Now!"

A three dimentional model of the surrounding terrain began to overlay itself over the HUDs of each crewmember. Tunnels would be highlighted in green, important objects in gold and danger in red. Kale reeled slightly as his head swam with the new five point perspective. It was admittedly very strange seeing himself as if from another's eyes. HE placed a hand against one of the lockers to steady himself as he recovered.

"Give me a moment, I need to adjust to this."

A few seconds later he stood up fully once again.

"Its not as strenuous as I thought it would be but i wont be able to maintain this for more then about an hour and a half. Hope thats enough time for you commander." He smiled wistfully at the crimson lynx. "Ready on your command."

Armour Bay

Taharial listened to the others as she looked over at the ship in crashed on the planet, no matter how she looked at at it she felt a dark aura around it, she didn't want the others to think she was weirder than thinking it was a living creature so didn't say anything and gulped as she held the gun tight "okay then, lets get going commander kitten" she giggled and waited for the deployment to start using kitten and aikiko as who should lead.

Taharial looked over at the others and waited nervously she has happy with what she was bringing, all med supplies to help if they needed it "I am ready to go and sort out what this thing is."

~~Cabin 3~~

Shaking her head, "No, I'll grab one later, I need should get up to the bridge, I'll cover for you until you get your shower. Then once your up there I'll head off and twiddle my thumbs else where." She grinned as she tossed her jacket on and smiled. "You can pop in anytime.. though the fee for the bunk is bottles of Booze." She winked and headed for the bridge.

~~Bridge~~
Once there she saluted Hanako before dropping into the secondary pilot's chair and started up her personal setting for the display layout.

Cabin 3

"Okay" Natsumi replied, following Stark out of the csbin. She headed a different direction though, to the showers where she dropped off her worn clothing to be cleaned, then took a quick shower.

Cleaned and dried off, Natsumi went back to her own cabin and put on a new set of underwear and a fresh uniform. Grabbing her cap and strapping on her NSP, she headed out, arriving on the bridge not too long after Stark did.

Bridge

Natsumi settled in behind the Operators station after greeting the Shosho, giving everything a good check over, making sure nothing had gone wrong during the night. Satisfied, she opened a window to Stark

You can stay here if you like. There is not going to be much happening while the landing party is out, just keeping an eye on them and the surroundings. Two sets if eyes woukd be better than one for that

She sent to the Nepleslian sitting at the secondary station.

Bridge

Mitsuko watched the others in the Armor Bay prepare, giving Hanako a comfortable head start. She didn't want it to seem like she was following the captain back to the Bridge. Giving her enough time to get settled also let the other two get there before her. Cautiously poking her head inside, she approached the captain, clearing her throat. "...permission to enter the Bridge?" She had made her suggestion in front of the captain, so she assumed Hanako knew why she was there. However, Murakami rarely stepped foot into this part of the ship, so she decided to formally ask for permission. It couldn't hurt to be extra careful. While she waited, Mitsuko eyed the available seats, wondering which stations were still available for her to assist with the monitoring and mapping.

YSS Eucharis, PA Bay

It was the part Dirjon hated most, getting the armor on. This time the whole team was in the room with him. He removed the helmet to get the process started. He moved quick for a big guy, jumping into the armor and closing it up just as fast. With the helmet on and sealed he stepped away from his station. "Ugh," he grunted as he clenched up. The armor finished its preparation in a final act of violation.

He shook it off and moved to the armory where he acquired an SMG and ammo to complete his heavy loadout.

Bridge

Blackberry passed hMitsuko on the way out, since night shift was over and everyone was now at their stations.

"Come in. What is it?" Hanako replied, actually expecting Mitsuko to be here for some cargo-related business.

Bridge

Mitsuko paused to give Blackberry a quick bow as the Shoi passed, making her way towards the captain before stopping to bow again. The delay gave her a moment to prepare her response. "Shosho, I had offered to monitor the team's location data and drone feeds while they conduct their survey. It would be more efficient to compile the data here, on the Eucharis, rather than having them handle it in the field." She glanced aside at Stark, sitting near Natsumi, at the station she'd been aiming for. "...I um...I know I am not normally stationed on the Bridge, but since we're somewhat...understaffed..." In fact, the last time she'd been here, the captain had been welcoming her on board for her first day on the Eucharis. That had been years ago.

P.A. Bay -> Planet

Aikiko looked around her taking note who was heavily armed, she preferred to go light in enclosed situation when boarding ships. Easier to manuever and less things to get caught on unwanted protrusions. But to each their own. She wiggled her manipulator arms a bit.

She stepped off the Eucharis pass the containment field for a quick survey as she floated a few meters off the hull of the ship. She advanced farther out and did another comminication checks with the Eucharis. She filtered out the natural background static signals that would interferr with clarity of understanding others communicating.

Doing a quick look at the heads up display of the exterior of the ship, planning the teams forced enterance way.

"Tugs-Hei? We're sending the drones for a closer look?" Aikiko bounced about in the air getting used to the planet's gravity.

She moved away from the Eucharis and actually landed on the surface to see how solid it was. She took several steps towards the crashed ship. She listened to the sounds that was transmitted through her Mindy as she placed each step.

Bridge

"Tsuguka didn't think you would be more useful as part of the armor team?" Hanako inquired. Normally, she would have sent her away, but they were lacking a scientist and if Tsuguka apparently didn't mind, maybe it was a good chance to diversify crew skill sets. "Alright. Just know that there is not as much action up here as there is out there," the captain smiled.

Planet's Surface

Given the smashed-up nature of the ship ahead, there numerous places where hull sections had come apart, giving the team places to infiltrate the wreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back