• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[Ohara] Fort Ohara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeiriel gestured at Misako, the red-haired Neko sitting to her left. "There is no need to thank me, Mr. Emrys. You may thank Chui Inoue, if you wish. She was the one who chose this vintage."

"I'm glad you enjoy it, sir," said Misako, smiling and obviously pleased with the attention she was suddenly getting.

"Mr. Epirus," continued Jeiriel, "we will transmit to you the general schematics of the station, especially those of the exterior shell currently being built, as well as some specific requirements that we have. I hope you will find that NovaCorp will have many degrees of freedom in designing the interior of the station. The Star Army do not believe in interfering in the details of corporate operations, so NovaCorp may transport a Hephaestus construction yard into the system if it so desires."

"Tell him about the space rocks," said Bim.

"Oh. Of course. Taisa Walik just reminded me that, the Coalition Governments of Ohara has agreed to open the main astroid ring of this system for mining operations. NovaCorp should feel free to begin mining operations at the asotroid ring. However, please only take what you need to offset the supplies and costs needed for our current project," said Jeiriel.

"Yeah. Save some for us," added Bim, chuckling. "Ah. And Mr. Emrys, I'm afraid I won't be able to spare any men for, if you don't mind me putting it that way, our joint projects. Everyone is on orientation and re-training, even me. However, when you come up with some stable prototype weapons, feel free to send them our way. My men will gladly critique them for you. Although, they probably won't hold that same enthusiasm in testing the medicines..."

"We have full confidence that Emrys Industries can produce safe, effective medicines for the people of Ohara," said Jeriel. "I am sure that the inevitable clinical trails will prove to be successful. However, it is a bit early to discuss such things at this early stage... Do you gentlemen have anything else to add? Any further business that you wish to discuss?"

Epirus gave this a moments contemplation, "Your kind authorization of mining in the asteroid fields of your system is well received, and we will make what use of them we can. I would not worry about us taking overly much, since NovaCorp uses a matter/anti-matter creation system for most of our needs, meaning we rely little on such outward mining projects. I'll have our designer start on ... well designing the interior, and I can only hope it is of your liking. The freedom we are being given in this is much appreciated. I don't think there is anything more I can discuss without looking over the requirements and getting back to you with our plans for approval. While your leniency is generous, I'm sure you will want to see what we have planned before it is constructed.â€

"Feel free to keep your recordings, Mr. Emrys," said Bim. "I'm slowly getting used to the idea that some of my new comrades have photographic memories. As for the types of weapons that I'd like to see, how about some modified Yamataian energy rifles, for starters? I'm not looking for some kind of super-weapon for my people, mind you. I simply want my soldiers to be as well equipped as everyone else."

"Ma'am," said Misako to Jeiriel, "I'd like to present Mr. Epirus with some basic requirements for the station interiors, if I may."

"Of course, Chui Inoue," said Jeiriel. "Proceed."

Misako turned to Epirus. "We will send to NovaCorp all of the details in writing, Mr. Epirus, but I just wanted to point out some of the more important requirements, to give you the big picture, if you will:

"The station must have facilities to meet the basic needs of the 318 Phodian soldiers and 35 Nekovalkyrja and Yamataian soldiers who will be garrisoned aboard. Basic needs include supply distribution centers, mess halls, living quarters, and lavatories. While the Star Army will be constructing some of the more mission-critical military facilities onboard, we will also require some auxiliary facilities that are necessary for the basic operations of a military base, such as weapons lockers and holding cells."

"Don't forget conference rooms," Bim chimed in, chuckling.

"... And conference rooms," said Misako, smiling.

"We will see what we can do sir." Seru said with a small bow, "I'll get back to you with soime designs once our scientists work on a way of redesigning them to be useful for your unique physiology."

"Thank you, I'll make sure that extra attention is given to the conference rooms when our scientists begin to design." Epirus turned to Ral, "Ral, please send a communication through the Jilanth to the Horizon requesting the use of number five of the Ptah cluster, to be transported here." Epirus turned his head to face Misako, "With your permission of course."

Misako blinked, and looked at Jeiriel. "Of course, Mr. Epirus," said Jeiriel. "You have our permission."

Meanwhile, Bim nodded enthusiastically at Seru. "Excellent! I look forward to it."

A voice chimed down from the ceiling: "Taisa Jeiriel Kemitha, your presence at the bridge is requested."

"Ah. Excuse me, gentlemen," said Jeiriel, standing up. "Duty calls. Taisa Walik may address any lingering issues in my place. Chui Inoue can show you to the shuttle bay when our business for today concludes. Please forgive me for my rudeness." She bowed, and walked out of the room.

((OOC: Let's wrap this up.))

"I have nothing more to say for the moment." Seru said, "I shall return once we have details on that which you have requested." Bowing he left the room to return to his shuttle, his mind buzzing with ideas.

Epirus replied in a cordial manner, "The Hephaestus shall be here shortly, and shall begin preparing material for construction. In the mean-time NovaCorp will work on possible designs, which will be cleared with you before construction begins." Epirus bowed and after asking, "With your leave ..." and after waiting a reasonable amount of time simply nodded and returned to his own shuttle, accompanied by Ral.

Misako quickly followed the VIPs out of the conference room, as she had been ordered the make sure that they do not get lost on their way out. "This way to the shuttle bay, gentlemen," she said, walking quickly until she caught up with them.

Bim found himself left alone in the room. He took out a small data pad from one of his pant pockets and browsed its contents. "Oh. I'll be late for computer class," he observed, and was turning to leave before he spotted the small bottle of sake left on the table. "Hmm, better not let this go to waste," he said to himself. Bim grasped the sake bottle with his prehensile, feathery wing, and left the conference room, humming some old tune.

Misako watched from behind the airlocks as the two shuttles launched from the shuttle bay and disappeared into the dark maw of space.

A Nekovalkyrja captain, holding a cup of warm milk and a data pad, sat in the captain's chair aboard her ship. Her mouth curled into a toothy grin as she read the reports submitted to her. The construction of Fort Ohara was proceeding on schedule.

((OOC: Thomas, please lock this thread. Thank you.))

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back