• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Pre History of SARP

I must say Nyton this is a truly fascinating history, a great work - although I would like to see what Wes and some of the other 3rd generation players say about it in terms of integrating it seamlessly.

For my part I only have one issue:

It was my understanding that the Elysians had always been on Geshrintaal, where did you learn any different? Also you don't mention the elves.

I had to find some way to explain all the data that I found when I researched the history of the SARP as we knew it. There is a lot of spotty information here and there. One section in the wiki says that Nepleslian colonists arrived on Geshrintall over a thousand years ago. Yet when I read the timeline it looks like the Elysians had been living there the whole time. So how do we go from Elysians living there the whole time to suddenly going to war with Yamatai? Everywhere I looked I found no explanation and since colonization technology level existed then it would have been impossible to just miss the Elysians, especially when they're living on floating cities.

The best I could come up with was that the Elysians rewrote their own history to claim Geshrintall as their 'ancestral' home after the previous world had been lost. The Elysians being a very pride filled race I imagined would never admit their true world of origin and we could assume that information was 'lost to the times' much like all of this history is to many Nepleslians. It would make for an interesting writing task to depict the history of the Elysians and their flight from a previous world to Geshrintall.

As for the Elves, I wrote that the colonists were being a lot more careful about their contact with sentient life. The Elves contact I didn't even think happened until later around the beginnings of the Yamatai Empire. There is not much information about the elves to be had really. Nor the trolls but those I don't think were even encoutered until Yamatai was created as well.

I think you're doing great so far Nyton, and that we will mostly use your SARP pre-history article as canon.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back