• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP Reactivated M1: Blood on the Sand

Tacho couldn't help but just wait as Steiner spoke, she knew in this case his tune was about to change. He had his points though, had it just been the crushed-up busted-ass tank she would have probably left it a few clicks back, but she didn't. "I understand ya, Grandmaster. However, I think before you get too put off, you should maybe take a look in the tank. There's a little somethin' special for ya in there...I promise it is not a jar of Mason's farts...this time anyway. " she said as she watched him scoop the tank up. "You might not want to do...that," she watched as the body fell out of the cavity of the tank as Steiner took those first steps after the swipe, "Grandmaster..." she said as she pointed to the humanoid shape wrapped in the dirty old fire blanket they had ripped off the tank's engine cover.

Tacho knelt down, then she grabbed the edge of the fire blanket, and pulled it back. The thing within was somewhat reminiscent of the squids, yet at the same time as the kitten squids they had encountered earlier. It was something different altogether, "I probably should have told you why the fucked the Tank up so bad," she said as she stared downward at the body. The thing's jet-black eyes stared blankly, empty of life of any kind. It had a deep tan complexion, and it would be noticed on closer inspection that it was not hair on the obvious female form, but more tendrils just shorter than the ones that grew from its back. It had brown scaley splotches all over it, and yet something about it was oddly beautiful. The Nightmare that was below her now, awaited Stiener's inspection.

"It pretty much killed itself, it took a flying leap at us as we made it through one of the canyons. I barely had time to react, so I shoved my sword up through it and forced it to the ground before I finished the job. The second it was dead, well when it made its last shriek, they were on us from almost every direction at once. I figure if the tank had not popped its top and blown its own bottom out, we probably would have been finished, "she explained. "Part squid, Part kitten, Part whatever in the fuck it is. Either way, I think we kicked the hornet's nest. The sandstorm probably saved our hides." The reason Tacho had pulled the tank back with her men had now come to pass.

Tacho looked ahead at the facility, her scanners on her armor were still active so she could help keep an eye out. "This storm and going to be a problem," she said, then she opened the other comm to Mike, "I'll get ya bottle when we get inside, I have a few stashed away. It looks like we might need them tonight. It's about to get fucked up out here," she said back. "You try to kiss me though, I might bend over so quick you'll miss it!" she said in a sassy tone.

"Ooh, sassy!" Michelle's rifle barked once more as she thought up an appropriate response. "Bet. I'll dress up real nice. Granted I am tiny, and there's limited options for a lady of my stature. But that doesn't mean I can't make a nice night of this storm. Warm fireplace, fur rug, couple bottles of both our brews, hell, you might even catch me cooking. Unless the Grandmaster wants me doing something else, I'll be a good girl for you, Tacho. You always have the best treats."

Steiner stared at the abomination they had brought back. "What..." They had faced worse; the Creathel and their near-omnipotent beings that had been able to tear the stars asunder. Their own kinsmen and the loss of their home galaxy. The first skirmish had been just that, a skirmish- a few creatures and a handful of their minions striking at them. But seeing this...for some reason, it sent a shiver of cold dread down what was left of his spine. "Tacho..." He responded quietly as he carefully picked up the creature's limp form-creating bands of monomolecular plating across the beast at regular intervals to ensure that should it revive itself somehow-a trait he suspected that the gribblies as a whole may possess-it would be securely bound. "If the enemy is fielding creatures such as these-we will need to get the non-combatants out." A strong word for any Vahallan, but still, many of them, while having some experience would not be equipped or trained for something like this.

"I will take the creature back and see what the Chirugeons can learn-find Knight-Captain Pascal and tell him to meet me in the central gantry in two hours ti-" Andrake's sudden lusting after Tacho, over the open channel nonetheless, finally struck a nerve. "Yeoman Andrake!" He snapped, almost crushing the carcass in his massive hands, "Cease the incessant flirting-if you wish to express your desire to have your face between her legs do so when you are off duty, not over the open channel where everyone and their mother can hear you or so help me I will seal your womanhood with monoplate myself, over!" Cutting the comm link before she could respond-a few muffled guffaws sounded over the channel-he ignored it. His response may have been harsh, but given the seriousness of the situation Steiner looked back to the Norian. "Find Knight Captain Pascal, inform him to have savage teams ready to go in two hours, and then report to me after."

He turned, and as he walked, he looked down at the carcass in his hand; carefully examining it-the thing combined a soft, feminine beauty with the monstrous-likely to lully individuals into a half second of hesitation so it could strike or for infiltration. Regardless, it was unsettling. At least with the storm, they wouldn't have to worry about the gribblies assaulting them-likely the weather conditions made operations just as difficult on them as it did for the Company...

------

Morris had finished delivering his report and was on his way to the civilian barracks when he'd heard the Grandmaster's response to Michelle. With a sigh, he shook his head-normally the grandmaster wouldn't have given a damn unless something serious had happed-it made him wonder what had aggravated the old man to the point he was snapping like that at someone. Checking his prize-making sure the chamber was clear and the magazine emptied of rounds he continued down the corridor-a few hours spent with his family would be just the thing to soothe the soul after combat.

Last edited:
In the bowels of the Sandraker, Auli’I was up to her armpits in dust, as she went through the crawl spaces, to make sure everything was in working order. She gave a small grunt as she looked down and noticed some of her fur was covered in dust, which caused her to groan in derision as she knew that meant she’d have to take a shower. an act not fun for those with fur. But she wouldn’t be thinking about that for long, as she soon heard Yeoman Michelle Andrake trying to flirt at Mama Tacho on open coms.

Auli'I couldn't help but shake her head at the commotion happening over the open coms. It seemed like everyone had lost their minds for a moment. As she continued her work in the crawl spaces, her thoughts drifted to the situation at hand. The creatures the others were fighting, the thought of them, was starting to make her feel hungry, they were squid-like after all, and she wondered if calamari could be made of them.
But for now, Auli'I focused on her task, making sure the Sandraker was in top condition. Amidst the chaos and uncertainty, it gave her a sense of purpose, something she could control in a world full of unknowns.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back