• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP Resurgence of Yamatai - Mission 12 Side: Arigatou Onee-san!

Lizalopod

🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
RP Date
Ye 46.2
RP Location
YSS Resurgence
JP with @Sunny D !!

YSS Resurgence
YE 46.2
Cabin 8

Kokoro Hayashi slid into the room, very carefully closing the door. She let out a rather loud sigh, having made it out of the wardroom alive after making the rather unfortunate mistake of confusing an Elysian's wings for towels. She reasoned Chiheisen wouldnt be able to find her if she stayed in her room for awhile and waited for the angry birb to calm down. The Ex-Mishhuvurthyar slunk over to her bunk and sat on it crosslegged- her hand reaching down to the floor and picking up one of two duffle bags which she had brought aboard, beginning the rather simple process of taking out her clothes and other assorted items she had brought- and unceremoniously stuffing them into her storage. Granted she wasnt a very.. organized Nekovalkrja... She hummed to herself as she pulled out a rather new looking FARS drone, and some attachments still in their original packaging... something for later assembly.

Kokoro paused as she then picked out a picture she had haphazardly thrown in when packing. displayed in a rather cheap and functional frame was a picture of herself- albeit.. her old self in the Minkan body she was provided when she was rescued. Mikodimus Belmont was there with a smug grin, holding up what seemed to be the communicator responsible for having taken the selfie. The Belmont had his arm tightly around both Kokoro (who's displeasure at the action was captured very well by the picture) and Akiko Hayashi, the SAINT operative deadpanning at the camera at the time the picture was taken. The picture dated back around three months, from when Miko had ended up (via unknown, likely magical means) convincing Akiko to take Kokoro mall hopping for the first time. He had purposefully printed out the picture and handed it to the then-Minkan. Kokoro snorted to herself as she thought back on it- before chucking the picture back into the dufflebag's pocket, and laying back onto the bottom bunk she was sitting on. She was about to attempt to send a message using her digital brain... before she was interrupted.

An electronic chime came followed by a resonant voice. "Kokoro." the feminine voice asked. "Do you have a moment? May I come in?"

"Huh?" Kokoro blinked to herself on the bed, before sitting up and trying to float her way out of the bed. She whacked her head on the top bunk- letting out several audible swears... "Grah- Yeah go ahead- ow!" She yelled out, the Neko rubbing her head to try to somehow ease the fleeting pain.

A silverhaired 33A Neko with pointed ears and golden eyes walked through the hissing threshold with a slight smile on her face. She wore a black panneled Star Army jump suit under a field jacket. She looked at Kokoro, her experssion turning to one of mild concern as she observed the blue haired Neko cradling her head. "Are you okay?" she asked.

"Im fine- Im fine!" Kokoro grumbled as she floated off of the bed- without slamming her head into the bedframe this time. Her legs unfolded from her crosslegged position, allowing her to stand up, albeit a little wobbily. "What's up?" The nekovalkrja laid her eyes upon the silver haired 33A, her eyes momentarily narrowing as she noticed the black uniform. Oh boy...

The silver haired Neko made a few steps into the room and took a short, respectful bow. "I'm Hei-Elster. You can call me Erika. I'm a SAINT operative attached to this ship." The woman said before taking a seat on the bed. "Though I should come around and say hi. Though I saw you had a bit of an altercation with Chiheisen. You two work it out?"

Her face scrunched up a little as the Neko frowned. Kokoro sighed as she walked to the door and proceeded to lock it to prevent anyone from casually walking in by accident and hearing... sensitive information. "Not really, I accidentally touched the... fluffy things again n' she almost chased me out of the wardroom". She shrugged as she began to walk back towards the bed. "I know why you're here- I've been hounded by more black panels than I can count over the last three months."

Erika let out a chuckle at Kokoro's candor, "You know I'm used to dancing around the elephant in the room while each side figures out how much the other knows. I've just been instructed to keep an eye on you. Nothing too invasive. Occasionally going through your DMs, that kind of thing." She smirked. "But I normally leave that kind of snooping to Mineko. As for Chiheisen..." The operative leaned forward slightly, her cheeks flushing a little, "What did her wings feel like? I imagine really soft?"

Kokoro was a little taken aback by how friendly Erika seemed, pretty evident on her slightly confused expression. The neko shrugged as she sat down. "Fair enough. I will warn you, my browsing history is-... interesting". She seemed to joke, the Neko picking up the FARS drone which had been laying on the bed, idly rotating it in her hands as she continued. "Oh.. uh... it's like a really fluffy warm blanket..." sigh... "I really want a soft and fluffy blanket."

"Look, I don't know how the others have treated you." Erika said, returning to original neutral position. "I can imagine not everyone has been so understanding of your history, especially us black panels. Thing is though, there are some biological conditionings that come with these Neko bodies. Psycho-somatic feedback loops that help us fit in to Yamatai society in a healty way. I assume you feel different since your ST, and I mean more than just the loss of a dozen or so appendages?"

"It was.. jarring." She shuddered a little bit as she thought back. "It's hard to put into words but- it's like I suddenly was able to feel and understand twice as much as I could before. So yes.. it feels far different. Honestly I'm still getting used to having these instead of floating around everywhere." Kokoro looked down as she propped her legs up in the air, making it obvious she was referring to them.

Erika nodded as Kokoro explained her predicament. "So I hope you won't find it offensive if I consider you a Nekovalkyrja with some wierd memories." The operative said with a warm smile. "Memories I'm interested in hearing if you want to share but..." She seemed to catch herself mid thought. "Anyway, I would say some personality quirks too, but the majority of us genetically engineered supersoldiers are a bit derranged."

"Id honestly much rather be considered a nekovalkrja.. it would be an honor- but I havent really earned it yet... just because I look like one now doesnt change what i was and what i did in the past.." She paused for a moment, hesitating a little. 'What kinda... memories are you looking for?" Kokoro asked, pursing her lips.

"Is it your fault?" Erika asked rehtorically "Hatred of the Mishhuvuthar is hardwried into us, Nekovalkyrja, but I don't think it ever took with me. I fight and kill them because our conflict is existencial, if I don't they'll kill, rape and eat me, and if I'm lucky in that order." She said with a grin. "But at the end of the day we're both bioweapons, grown to fight on behalf of our faction. We didn't have a choice on which side of the line we were grown. I'm just lucky my faction operates via contact and has a retirement plan."

"I guess that's true..." Kokoro exhaled as she tapped her own forehead with the inactive FARS drone repeatedly. "I'm happy... that the Star Army was willing to take a chance on me instead of just locking me up in a hole somewhere... it's a whole different dynamic on here compared to the NMX. They're quite... uhh... they don't really give a shit about their underlings, most of them anyways."

"That actually kind of has me thrown for a loop." Erika said thoughtfully. "The Mishhuvuthar have been able to continue to deploy advances even after the majority of their leadership has been dissolved, and even in the upper echelons they're known for being rather competitive." Erika said, very careful to delineate Kokoro from her former kin. "Yamatai has both latteral and vertical communication and disemination lines, you'd think we'd be able to get a technological edge on the squids, but it seems we're just barely keeping up at times."

"Well. If you don't give a shit about ethics- thats.. yeah ethics, and don't care about what happens to your people- well, it's much more efficient." Kokoro shrugged as she tapped on the FARS drone. "Plus- the competitiveness is great for stimulating progress, even if it leads to an insufferable environment."

Erika looked at Kokoro a little increduliously "Are you telling me Mishhuvuthar advancement is a result of... bragging?"

"You have clearly never been stuck on a bridge for two hours forced to listen to how your captian is the greatest in the entire scout fleet. The Mishhuvurthyar Ego is a thing to behold..." She rolled her eyes, before grinning to herself. "I'm so glad I got to be the one to shoot that fucker dead..."

Erika's expression remaned incredulious as she processed Kokoro's explanation. "That makes sense, in a twisted sort of way," she remarked contemplatively after a moment. "It's fascinating—and somewhat terrifying—to think that something as mundane as ego could drive technological advancements. But I imagine if they ever won, they'd almost immediately devolve into endless civil wars."

After another moment she let out an exhale. "Thanks Kokoro. You've given me an insight I didn't have before. You ready to shoot more of the fuckers?" She asked.

"Dayo!" She smirked as she cracked her knuckles- a skill which had definitely taken months and probably some accidentally broken fingers to perfect. "I've been waiting for 3 months- though honestly I'm looking forward to technician training with the chief more." Kokoro admitted as she grabbed her fars drone again, idly spinning it in her hands. "I'm just... kinda worried if people find out and stuff..."

Erika folled her arms and looked down. "Yeah, there are a lot of strong feelings there." The operative said with her sigh, her eyes flitting back. "It wont leak from me, but these things have a way. I'll make you a deal." She leaned forward and placed a hand on Kokoro's shoulder. "Do your job, do your best to fit in and if your past ever does come to light I'll vouch for you."

"Arigato... Elster-Hei..." Kokoro smiled as she glanced to Erika, allowing the shoulder pat to happen with a nod. "I'll try my best! And... ill try not to grab another set of bird wings along the way. No promises though..." She said with a snort.

"I said do your best." Erika said, standing up. "So long as you try, Erika Onee-chan has your back." She pressed a thumb to her chest and gave Kokoro a wink. "Just, maybe give Chichi some space." The operative's lips thinned as she scratched the side of her head. "You two don't seem like a good match up."

"Hah.. She got so angry though after I did that- it was kinda fu-" Kokoro was cut off as the doors to Cabin 8 opened- the lock somehow being bypassed, which should only have been possible by someone with direct authorization to enter the room. The neko looked back towards the door as she quickly got up on her feet. "Nandayo?! I locke-"

She was cut off as she saw Chiheisen step into the room. The Elysian blinked in confusion- and very apparent annoyance as she saw Kokoro, her wings visibly becoming quite ruffled. "What are you doing in my assigned cabin?" She muttered, going towards one of the other bunks, which noticeably had stuff on it- something Kokoro had not noticed before.

"EH? KUSO?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE??? THIS IS MY ASSI-"

...Kokoro paused, before groaning out.

"...are you fuckin' kidding me?"

OOC Notes
JP by Lizalopod and Sunny D
Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back