• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP Starting Anew...

Lizalopod

🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
RP Date
YE 45.8
RP Location
Kyoto, Yamatai
YE 45.8
Military District of Kyoto, Yamatai
Recruiting Depot

The Uesureyan Fortress was an imposing structure, a survivor from another age, its giant stone blocks blackened with suit from a time Elysians burnt Geshrinopolis to the ground from orbit during the war. Straddling the border between the white marble of the palace district, shimmering glass of urban downtown East Kyoto, and the western Military District of Kyoto, with its brutalist spires and art deco office buildings, it was a sort of castle, covered in gun turrets and parapets.

Its huge brass-covered doors still had "ARMY OF UESUREYA" engraved above them. A newer, larger sign out front read "STAR ARMY OF YAMATAI - RECRUITING DEPOT - MILITARY DISTRICT OF KYOTO." Outside the doors were several posters and volumetric displays encouraging Yamataians to "STOP THE MISHHU! ENLIST TODAY!"

It was within this building that people began their transition from civilian to Star Army soldier. And Koku had an appointment.

The Ex-Mishhuvurthyar technician gulped to herself as she stood infront of a rather imposing door, one which would eventually lead her to the office of a rather popular Taisho in the Star Army of Yamatai. Kohkrolisfu had been through a lot of questioning and testing over the past few weeks, considering her previous.. allegiance. The minkan had remained determined in joining the Star Army of Yamatai to repent from her previous actions as a Mishhuvurthyar, but it had been a rather tough time. Considering the current war climate, an ex-Advanced Type Mishhuvurthyar wasn't something people were quite comfortable being around, and it often ended in rather frosty interactions... at best...

She worked up the courage to enter through the brass doors, idling in front of it as she waited for someone to answer. Kohkrolisfu had heard (and read) a lot about the Star Army Admiralty, primarily from Fletcher. She hoped Hanako had some similarities to the nice Taisho that had helped her get on her feet.

There was a security checkpoint inside the door with with armored soldiers and sophisticated scanners. Once Kohkrolisfu was through that, there was an information and reception desk where an older Nepleslian made with a cybernetic arm gave her directions, giving her a slip of paper with a number on it and sending her into a large lobby area where dozens of people were waiting in rows of repurposed starship chairs from old battleships of the Star Army's past. There were videos playing on screens about the various careers in the Star Army, some vending machines, and a vague musty smell of sweat.

She made sure to hastily thank the older Nepleslian, eyeing the cybernetic arm with some degree of curiosity. The minkan examined the paper briefly, reading through the numbers, before attempting to follow the directions she had been given to the best of her ability... She managed to get there eventually- after some sidetracking caused by a random janitor drone.

After a short wait, Kohkrolisfu's number was called and after taking her paperwork (really a data pad with a bunch of forms about her background), she was called up to a window and the a military police officer brought her down a long hallway to one of the interview rooms where there was a large confefence table and the flags of the Yamatai Star Empire and the Star Army on stands at one end. In the room was Taisho Ketsurui-Shinjuku Hanako, the Imperial Premier who did double duty as the director of the various departments of the YSE, and as Director of Star Army personnel. She was a short, pretty woman with aqua blue colored hair with tips that faded to purple, and big golden eyes. She wore a Star Army uniform with quite a lot of medals and stripes. "Good morning," Hanako greeted her. "Please, have a seat with me."

Kohkrolisfu nodded silently as she was directed to her seat. The Minkan gave the Taisho a rather simple greeting consisting of "Good morning, ma'am.." as she sat down. Given Hanakos status, the Ex-Mishhuvurthyar was pretty intimidated. That coupled along with the stress and worry that the meeting was already causing her reduced the Ex-Mishhuvurthyar's rather explosive personality down to a rather shy flame.

"Do you know who I am?" Hanako asked, curiously.

"Yes..! Taisho.. Ketsurui Hanako?" She hesitated momentarily, one of her legs beginning to tap against the floor idly, perhaps giving away her nervousness...

I go by Ketsurui-Shinjuku Hanako now, but I was born as Sammy Rainchill, an Elf, in but my parents died at in the plague when I was very young. I ended up in a slave program, renamed Shinjuku Hinosami and eventually followed my master, Yui, into military service on the YSS Yui, starting as a communications officer, and in YE 27 she freed me, renamed me Hanako, and put me in command of her scout ship, the YSS Nozomi.

Being in the Star Army has not been easy for me. I have been stabbed, shot, drowned, burned, frozen, captured, tortured, raped, implanted with eggs, marooned, illegally cloned, and I have lost three gunships and commanded my last one, the YSS Eucharis for a dozen years. I was at the battles of Nataria, Elysia, and Yamatai during the Second Mishhuvurthyar War and saw the war to its end by personally leading the attack on NMX headquarters. Now I'm behind a desk managing the Empire's two busiest jobs, because I'm fascinated by people.

Hanako turned to Kohkrolisfu, looked her in the eyes, studying her, and asked, "So, what's your story? Who are you and why are you here? Be honest."

The Ex-Mishhuvurthyar silently gulped, letting out a tiny exhale as she began. "My name is uh.. Kohkrolisfu- or, I suppose im now Kokoro Hayashi... I was born aboard the XSS Zxuwhyrqx around three years ago, and I was trained as a technician and served aboard that very ship. Im.. well, i used to be an Advanced Type Mishhuvurthyar... but due to my incapability at being sufficiently aggressive i was relegated to menial work..." She went silent for a moment, recalling some past memories from her previous ship. "...Around several weeks ago, our ship was taken out by another Yamataian ship. I survived the crash, and met with two Yamataians who captured me. I ended up helping them... survive the ordeal and assembled a distress beacon. We were found by the Star Army almost immediately, but my body recieved extensive injuries in a fight against... the guy who used to be my captain- So i was transferred into... er. This?" She motioned to herself.

"The Mishhuvurthyar have caused me, personally, more pain than anything else in my life," Hanako told Kohkrolisfu, "But what people don't know--and this isn't to leave this room--is that I have three Mishhuvurthyar daughters, born from eggs, that I chose to spare instead of aborting them. And I know, from them, that there's potential for some Mishhuvurthyar to be good people. That's why I came to speak with you today, and to hear you out. So...how sure are you that you want to renounce everything you know and join Yamatai?"

Kohkrolisfu sharply inhaled, before nodding, with quite a bit more confidence than before. "Y-yes ma'am!... The Star Army spared me... those two Yamataians.. err, Akiko and Mikodimus... They could have easily ended my existence... but instead chose to rescue me. I was able to learn about what the Mishhuvurthyar have been doing- from.. your side... and I just..." The Mishhuvurthyar trailed off, gritting her teeth as she thought back to the horrors she had read up on during her time inside the cabin she had previously been restricted to. "...I cant stand by and do nothing. I need to repent..."

"It just had to be a Belmont," Hanako quietly said. "Ahem, well, I understand. I suppose we could consider this a request for political asylum and Yamataian citizenship, which you can earn with military service. But, are you capable and willing to fight your own kind?" the Taisho asked.

She nodded, the ex-Mishhuvurthyar balling her fist and gritting her teeth once more. "I already have, and I will once again..." She looked at her hand, letting out a little sigh. "With.. some training on how to manage this form,, I hope. Having only four appendages is,,, strange"

"Very well, let's get started..." Hanako smiled.

= = =
OOC: JP by Wes and Lizlopod

RPG-D RPGfix
Back