• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Syltrucol

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Where is the plant that producing this located? Tired of Lazarus stuff just showing up from nowhere.
Sylt can meld with seemingly any mechanical or electrical system and take it into itself
This part seems overpowered and describes its effects on things when in fact its effects on particular targets is unknown. In essence the article is overreaching.

This isn't a plant. It's an engineered substance. Although you are right, I forgot to add how it's formed.

And that "meld" part is pulled directly from past canon. I.E. 1 Merril Ghere took in. . . a Wind+Gust kit, a Winter II prototype, a starship cannon, and an M'Cel.

This article is a component for a boss monster.

Boss monsters are fun.

Edit: Added the bit about how it's made.
Edit Edit: Added a "See Also" for Merril Ghere.
EDIT EDIT EDIT: Added a history section.

Last edited:
Tired of Lazarus stuff just showing up from nowhere.

Nothing they produce comes from nowhere. There's nearly a decade of RP backing all of it up. I'm sorry to hear that you don't read any of it. Don't worry, I'll extend Yamatai the same courtesy in future.

Hello and good evening~

I would like to indicate that there is indeed plot precedent for the material in question, as well as supporting RP.

Maras is the original location where structol was mentioned, which was green-lighted.

LSDF Akahar was the plotship where the required modification to structol took place to produce this... uh, unique material.

Previous usage of structol has been seen all over the Matriarchy, and is actually one of the staple reasons why the Lazarus consortium has any sort of income.

I'd also like to note, this material is directly a product of the Akahar plot, and, is the backbone of a continuation of that plot.

This is somewhat inaccurate as to label exclusively as a Lazarus item, especially due to the fact that the Matriarchy seized the related materials from the Akahar incident. However, at the time of the Akahar incident, the Matriarchy was in a productive relationship with Lazarus, since it did predate the Iromakuanhe-Asura incident. Feasibly, this all works out. I give it my blessing as FM of the plot where this all initially started to go down~

Oh, I also forgot my usual musical contribution.

Last edited:
We have here a species and a substance. Two substances, it seems, or two pieces that make a substance.

This is something that has the potential to completely alter the landscape of the RP. Controlled or not. The same could be said about the Maras too, of course, and that hasn't happened yet (unless you count anti-aether and that long spun tale, but we won't).

However, I'm wary to let this go without a GM-only or plot-only label on it. Is that a problem?

The Maras was destroyed years ago. Following the interdiction of a Mishhu assault a few years ago, serving as a makeshift blockade using aether cancelling; Helen Klein was onboard. She crashed it into a planet in its weakened state. The location of its FTL drive and aether cancelling systems is unknown at this point and is thought to be scavenged or stolen.

The most accurate assessment would be that it is a sentient substance. Or a substance with partial sentience. It's really just codifying something that already exists, and gives me a brick to build the next step with.

I am fine with GM only.

Like I said, boss monsters.

EDIT: Do we have a GM-only banner thing like we have a WIP banner?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back