• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Soyokaze (YSS Soyokaze) Fly Me to the Moon! (1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Briefing Room

Nenene shrugged. "Never underestimate the need of the Admiralty to show off their new toys" she commented. "I will be surprised if there is not fireworks and banners and a gathering of the stations entire populace to see us off"

Mess Hall

Venus and Tart had already been seated across from each other at the table before Chieko arrived, followed by Bors soon after. The Mini was seated on an upturned teacup, using both hands to hold a small chunk of bacon she was steadily chomping through. The other two Neko had various breakfast items on their trays, all half-eaten by now. The food seemed to be reenergizing the girls, all three looking perkier than they had during the gathering.

"I can just tell this place is going to be, like, totally great!" "Dotarry!" Crasher tried to chime in, bacon bits spilling out of her tiny mouth. "Do you think we'll be seeing action soon? I'm going to totally gag if we're stuck inside cleaning this ship for, like, a week!" Tama nodded her agreement as she chewed at the chunk of crispy goodness in her hands, more tiny crumbs spilling onto her uniform. Caramel shook her head and tried to hide her smile with some food, as her two friends butted right into the conversation before it had even properly begun.

Last edited:
Cafeteria

"Yes, I have a place to work now," Chieko giggled as she watched Bors' attempts at using chopsticks. She was meaning to make light of his trouble; but unfortunately she didn't quite seem compassionate enough about it. When he stopped using them and picked up his fork however, the scientist called out, "Aaaaaa! Dame!"

The academic stood up quickly and came around to his side of the table, "It is not cool for a man to give up!" Once she got to standing over the infantryman she picked up the chopsticks and grabbed at the fork. "Here," she began, "I will help you!"

Briefing Room

"Anyway, lets get this show on the road, check with every department and ensure that everyone is ready to go; something tells me that the Taisho actually doesn't want us to stay in port for too much longer," Takeyu turned his back to the table and stared at another display, one that showed a holographic representation of the Soyokaze. "Our scheduled launch time is less than thirty minutes, although we have an extra hour in the event things lag behind, can you get us ready in fifteen?"

Cafeteria

"
Hey whoa wait a minute!" Bors said as Cheiko came over to his side of the table and started grabbing at his utensils. "Its not that I WANT to give up, I just gotta go get ready for this mission that's all!"

After his moment of protesting he decided she was to determined and let her help him out. Though very begrudgingly.

Briefing Room

Nenene nodded. "We can be undereway as soon as you give the order" she replied. "I already have preliminary readiness repirts from all departments and will get the final ones after I signal engineering to prime the engines"

PA Bay

Ume had gotten rather curious about the power armor assigned to her and and the only way to settle that curiosity was to get inside the thing. So the plume neko did just that and disrobed, climbing inside the armor. Every time time she got into a power armor the slimy feeling from the synthetic flesh made her giggle. It just felt strange along her body but at the same time relaxing, after all she was designed with fighting as her purpose. Though she wanted to run around and jump to get used to this new armor, she knew that she would get in trouble if she did that, so she satisfied herself with starting to check the systems on board and move the hands and fingers around. "Oh it's set up like the one in training." Anyone around could practically feel her smiling even with the helmet on.

Cafeteria

At mention of the mission, Chieko could see Bors' point, but she couldn't give up having already started. First she helped him get the correct grip on the chopsticks before having him move them apart then together a couple times to get used to the feel. Once it looked like the Nepleslian had some of the co-ordination, the Minkan began having him try to grab a noodle.

Whether he noticed or not, however, the scientist's chest ended up touching the infantryman's back due to how she needed to reach around him. They pushed in enough that it was obvious she wasn't trying to avoid contact like what should happen; though, at the same time, it did not seem as if the academic was trying to make them known, either. Either way, if paid attention to, she had to be either comfortable, or indifferent the contact she had with her crewmate.

MISATO POST
////

PA Bay

"Indeed it is." Misato had been leaning against the bulkhead, with her arms crossed across her chest, and watching the newbie play about in the PA. "Most Mindys are set up exactly like that, it's pretty flexible but I would add the drone hangers to the legs and maybe go for an extention ammo pack for the Gauss... Though My load out would differ from yours. Same as yours would differ from the soldier next to you. We all have to learn how we fight, each of use will find that niche that makes what we do work even better with in the PA that we work with in."

Her golden eyes flicked from the standard Mindy Ume was suited in, to her own. The Mindy 1H Power Armor sat there in it's stand, it was an older model in itself, but it made up for it by having a far superior comm suite, and sensor systems. the whole reason that kept it in service was the fact it made a great squad C&C PA.

"Anyways why don't you get that back into it's stand, WE need to grab grub and I need to swing by medical to get a back up... Actually why don't you head up to the mess, I'll hit the med bay and then meet you up there... I'm sure Bors is up there, nice guy, total sweetheart... ignore the gruff exterior." Misato smiled and then turned to head to the med bay.

Med Bay

Walking into the medical bay Suzume looked around at the huge room. It was bigger the 5 of the med bay on the Eucharis. "Excuse me? I was hoping to get a back up taken care of..." she asked the Hei.

Briefing Room

"Then lets prime the engines and get underway, I would prefer to get out of dock as soon as possible," Takeyu said and placed a hand on one of the rooms rails, he wasn't so much worried about the ship but rather his own crew; it wasn't like on the Eucharis were he was only responsible for a single department, in this case, he was responsible for an entire ship full of people and he wasn't the type to take chances with other peoples lives... his own? That was a different matter. "I'll be on the bridge."

PA Bay

Ume got her armor back into the rack and climbed out, getting dressed properly again. Seeing that Misato had already headed out she decided to head out to the mess hall like asked, she was starting to get hungry. However the neko had forgotten something important, her panties. She always had trouble at training with having to be told that she needed to wear them, but she has forgotten to remind herself this time. She had the pantyhose on that came with the uniform so things wouldn't be too bad.

Mess Hall

The energetic neko made her way inside the mess hall and looked around. There were a lot of people present and going about their business. Before she talked to anyone however she needed to get some food. So she headed into the line that was starting to shrink some and grabbed herself a bowl of tempura soba, and began a search for 'gruff' people.

Briefing Room

"Understood" Nenene replied. She closed all her volumetric windows, filing them away on her tablet as she got to her feet. "If you will excuse me" she said with a nod to her commanding officer before turning and departing from the briefing room. She was already organizing what she needed to do as she quickly walked down the passageways.

Bridge

Stepping into the Soyokaze's command center, Nenene walked to her station and brought it to life with a tap of her fingers, leaning over the control panel, but not sitting. "Bridge to engine room, Light the engines and prepare for immediate departure" she directed the warships engineering department. She then switched to the ships 1MC, which sounded on every speaker throughout the cruiser.

"All hands, this is the Executive Officer, prepare all stations for departure" she announced, her voice booming over the master intercom channel.

She turned to the duty bridge operator next, "Signal the dock master and secure permission to undock"

"Roger" replied the operator, who quickly got on the communications system with station control.

"Engines coming online" the voice of the engineer sounded in Nenene's head. "Full power at bridge's discretion in ten minutes"

"Very good" the SAINT operative replied via wireless. She watched the engineering status board, which showed massive amounts of power flowing from the ships main energy plant to all primary systems. Numbers on the engines were climbing to optimal levels for sub light speeds and the FTL drive and CDD systems were not far behind.

"Seal up all external hatches and prepare to decouple external power feeds and docking clamps." she ordered next, which was responded to by another operator, who quickly went to work on that portion of the launch preparations.

"Soyokaze will be ready to depart in ten minutes" Nenene sent to Takeyu.

Bridge

Chiasa turned briefly when the XO entered the bridge. She was about to report about the preparations for departure, when the XO started giving orders for departure. Since her input was no longer required she turned back to her console. The data she had collected was ready, so she shunted it over to the navigation station so that it would be available for the helms person.

'Still no word on our destination... I presume the XO will let us know either just prior or after departure so that I can start collecting relevant data for the mission.' she thought.

Bridge

"Good good," said Takeyu as he walked toward the front of the upper bridge area and peered across and down over the main bridge; it was a sight to see, truly. He had only seen the Eucharis's bridge a couple times and that was mainly during points when he had to repair damage, but to be standing on a bridge much larger than that one made him somewhat anxious. Was he truly ready for this? Only time would tell he felt. "Contact the other ships in the squadron and get their status's please."

GM Post
///

Bridge

the communications officer went to work and started getting verifications on readiness and system. As each came back with a response She put it on a screen that light up at Takeyu's station. Each was green and ready except for on of the transport freighters, It was showing red.

Bridge

Walking around to his captains station, Takeyu's eyes peered toward the readiness displays. "Good good....." he started to say before his eyes fell upon one of the ships that flashed red. "Ok, not good," he said with an arched eye-brow and a slightly curious tone. "Communications, we have a transport that is not ready, hail its captain and find out what is wrong please."

Cafeteria

Bors soon got a grip on how to use the strange wooden sticks, though the closeness of his 'teacher' was a bit different, not that he was complaining of course.

"I still prefer a fork.." He said before shoveling some noodles into his mouth, "Easier to use, and I don't have to worry about splinters... you can't get splinters off these things can you?"

Bridge

Nenene settled into her chair at the XO's station, opening up a vast quantity of volumetric windows. Se accessed the Soyokaze's sensors and focused in on the red marked transport. She knew the issue was already being handled by one of the bridge bunnies, but wanted to look at the raw data from the sensors herself anyways.

Crew Quarters

Rafe had finished cleaning his pistol and secured it in his locker some time ago, and now he decided it was time to eat. Standing in the hangar listening to the new commander give his brief had been a somewhat taxing experience even though he had listened intently. Listening to his superiors give speeches was not a favorite past time.

Cafeteria

He made his way to the cafeteria where several Neko were chatting on a table on the far side and a few other personnel were eating. He found some food that he thought he could identify and took a seat along one wall and began eating, listening to the conversations drifting through the room from various sources. It always paid to listen and people tended to talk more during meals.

Removing a small data pad he set it down next to his tray and studied the layout of the ship and its personnel dispersion while he ate. It paid to know who was who and what was where after all. It was just part of the job.

///Medical Bay\\\

Meiko had almost fallen asleep from the lack of anything to do, but luckily her diligence ensured that she would be awake and still attentive despite the slight boredom she felt when Misato entered the medical bay. She stood up and looked at her, gave her a salute, and then listened to her request for a back-up. She was a little nervous to be honest, as this was the first time on the side of the ones doing the back up but she nodded. "Yes Ma'am." She took a moment to look through her files and pulled out Misatos and smiled before motioning for Misato to follow and making her way to the Type 30 Mental transfer and backup unit. She looked back at Misato as she walked. "Expecting trouble? Or just being safe?" She asked curiously, as she came to stop by the backup unit. Looking through the files quietly while awaiting for her response, a really perceptive person might notice the nervousness, though its not really shown as much as a green should probably show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back