• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

13-7 iP "Blip" Multipurpose Robot

Kairi

Inactive Member
(OoC: This page by Fredrick Carrier)
Name - 13-7 iP "Blip"

Designer - Tohoe Kairi

Description - Upon gathering a datapad on Kennewes full of garbled concept drawings of a blocky, bipedal robot, Kairi Tohoe went about designing a use for the interesting machine. It is currently in a prototype phase, and its purpose is as follows.

Function 1 - Companionship Robot

The "Blip" can provide a decent conversation partner, downloading information about the person it is talking to, analyzing it, and fitting it into conversation. It has a childish, halting voice that is inconsistent in tone, causing it to be found "creepy" by some. It is far less social than a PANTHEON or MEGAMI system, and has about a ten thousandth of the processing power. It can also download news reports, music, holographic images(projected by a small node on its left "hip") and small games.

Function 2 - Anthropomorphic Terminal

The "Blip" can be put into "Terminal" mode, at which time its social processes shut off and the computer facilities are rerouted for it to become a moderately powerful computer good for design and light recreational software. It can link to MEGAMI and other similar systems.

Function 3 - Cargo Loader

All power to computing is cut except for basic locomotion and prediction. The diminutive "Blip" can carry up to 400 pounds and has an adjustable waist to change weight distribution.

FUNCTION 4 (LE model only) - Civil Control

The LE model of the "Blip", known as the "Siren", can control rioting crowds with rubber or live rounds and a tear gas launcher bolted to the back, which lobs the grenades up to 1200 feet. It is outfitted as following:

Four(4) Solid-ammo automatic 9mm weapons, with 75-round magazines loaded into both arms. Two barrels per arm.

Two(2) Multipurpose launchers, in back-mounted launcher. Carries two grenades per launcher, either tear gas, EMP, or fragmentation.

The LE model also has four tank-style treads, one mounted on each leg, and one on each arm, which it can use by going prone. It can reach speeds of approximately 30 miles per hour in tread mode, but is less maneuverable.

(OoC: This is a basic sketch, sorry for the lightness)
1160707050795.png
[/list]

Simple, very effective, but what does the little guy run off of? Battery? solar power? random unknown powersource which turns out to be a mini-nuke reactor?

So function 1 is essentially a very basic news-reader or "house brain". Looking over number 2, this seems somewhat more interesting since it would mean someone could remotely communicate with this as we do now with a cell-phone.

I'm unsure how the cargo-loader can lift 400 pounds unless it's either actually quite large or has parts which extend to help balance it and some damn efficient pneumatic rams with a sturdy construction.
Actually, how tall is it, anyway?

Do you want a hand with the art at all? I don't know what "2" represents on the scale. Another issue is just how it stays upright.

I think it's a nice concept and I'd welcome it in an urban environment.

I'm curious? Does it have a timer-runtime?
I can picture it cornering a cat and telling it that it "has 10 seconds to comply". X3

Excellent points.

(1) The balance. The balance is controlled by an internal gyroscope, which governs weight distribution and other balance-related functions.

(2) I should have detailed this earlier. The Blip comes as another variant, the CL-ip, which is mainly used for warehouse applications. It is ten feet tall, and is equipped with a more expensive, complicated gyro. For the heaviest tasks, there are four panels on the legs which move from an angle similar to the "/" symbol to a flat-on-the-ground status, and is supported with hydraulic pistons that are normally tucked into the legs. It moves slowly with a small tank tread on the bottom of the foot. The arms telescope up to five feet out, and are lined with electromagnets.

(3) the '2' is for the regular Blip, and actually reads '2.5 ft'. This Blip can lift up to 40 pounds and does not have the telescopic arms or stabilizing panels. It can run unhindered, but only walk at a pace of 2mph when carrying a load. If it is carrying over five pounds, then a governor automatically puts it at walking speed.

(4) Power source is as follows: Microfusion for the CL-ip and Siren models, as they are more demanding, and a pair of rechargeable batteries in the companionship model. These recharge on a base which is used when available. The Blip can use Terminal Mode during charging, but cannot move.

(5) The heights are as follows for the variants:
Blip: 2.5 feet
CL-ip: 12.5 feet
Siren: 5.5 feet

(EXTRA) I'd say that the Blip is more of a companion robot with functionality that lets it access the news to make small-talk. It can be asked to just read the news instead of talk about it.

So if there are two varients than the Blip isn't so much a robot itself as it's a design standard of whoever manufactuers their robots.

Sort of like how we all know an iBook and PowerMac are two very different things.

...What the hell do you mean it's called a "Mac Book" and a "Mac Pro"?

I guess you could say that.... I personally think it's a stretch.
Have some art.
blip2fx8.png

When coloring this, the body and waist are gray, the arms are yellow, the 'toes' and 'hands' are also the same color gray as the torso, and the legs are royal blue.

Now, lol.

Approved!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back